WHOPPERS FOR JESUS

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:35 pm
You are looking for a way to discredit me so as to protect your stance in religion. Religion can't be protected. It is exactly what I said it is. A burden on mankind, a disgrace.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:37 pm
Amigo,

I am NOT trying to discredit you. You made some statements and I was just continuing the conversation. We can drop it if you wish.

I am sorry that you took it the way you did. That is not what I meant in any way whatsoever. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:46 pm
No need to feel sorry and I have no need to drop anything. I just know how people begin to argue when they feel they need to protect ideas they can't protect. They turn the tables rather then confront what is being presented to them.

Anyone who associates themselves with religion, ideals or countries instead of right and wrong does the same thing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:49 pm
Well, thank you Judge Judy. Laughing Seems like you are doing quite a bit of assuming there, Amigo. When I misunderstand I admit it and ask for clarification. If I don't understand I ask for more explanation. What you see is what you get. Nothing up the sleeve here. Just following along something you brought up in the discussion. You seem to have the discussion figured out and I am not even at the halfway point yet. Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:01 pm
There is a truth about religion that religious people avoid with their whole being. Like an ultimate mental bloke. If they chose to see they would see god had little to do with religion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:02 pm
Ok, I can see you aren't too willing to get back to the conversation. And again, you make assumptions.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:04 pm
Whats the subject?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:05 pm
Your religious police? What laws would they enforce? What guidelines?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:10 pm
Wherever in the world people were f**king with other people under the authority of god the religion police would come in and stop them.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:11 pm
Nevermind. You really don't seem to want to have this conversation and I am not going to force the issue.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:34 pm
For instance if you could not prove being gay was not immoral without god no law against homosexuals would make it to the books just like no law against religion could make it to the books. only there are laws on the books against homosexuality based on the authority of religion.

So what the hell why can't atheist create there own higher authority and we can make religion illegal the same way you say gay marriage should be illegal and we can claim the same right to be right that you claim with no obligation to society to justify it other then "God said it and thats it" we can just fill in the blank and it will have the same credibility "????? said it and that's it" We don't even have to prove ?????? exsist. We can just go around f**king the world up claiming the authority of ??????.

It's all part of my new " I'm sick and tired of religion dragging mankind around by the neck" campaign. The rest of us can be just as illrational as you religious people can be. I'm just going to pull some sh!t out of my ass and call it the higher power and there is no way you can tell me it doesn't exist because i'll put faith into what I pull out of my ass.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:38 pm
Amigo,

I thought we were having a good conversation and you just seem to be getting angry for some reason. I have no desire to upset you or argue with you.

You religious people? I have no clue as to why you are behaving like this. Let's just drop it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:40 pm
Amigo wrote:
Yes, a reality check is badly needed so how about all you religious people get together and check out the reality you perpetuate through religion.

God can't even be proven but the suffering he is causing through man claiming he has the one true god on his side is real. That the reality check we need.

This is absolutely correct. It is not that any one individual has a spiritual nature which is the problem, it is the institutionalization of spiritual urges into organized religions which does and always has threatened the peace of the world. There are reasons enough and more for the strife and slaughter which humans have so regularly visited upon one another, but they are at least usually honest expressions of venality and greed. Organized religions, however, throw a patina of righteousness over the worst crimes and enormities, and inspire otherwise reasonable people to unreasoning hatreds and all manner of excesses. If one's leaders exhort one to a certain venal end, one has a chance of seeing through the charade, and perhaps even opposing a measure. When the priest tells the devout follower that it is god's will, that the true believer will rest in the bosom of the deity in the hour of his death, that the enemy is the minion of Satan who will go to burn in hell, whatever reason may have been left in a populace is sure to be chased away.

Look at the idiotic contentions which Gunga Din has brought into this thread. He has presented intentionally warped versions of history in order to create a false impression of an ages-old and nearly world-wide plot by evil, Satanic Muslims to take over, and oppress us all under the yoke of their false god. It is the primary step in the elaborate dance of hatred and death to first demonize the other, to portray them as less than human, as evil incarnate, worthy of no mercy or consideration. Once the other has been so portrayed, it is a simple matter to delude the populace into thinking that they are in danger, and that anyone who opposes the plan to attack the other is a traitor who endangers everyone.

That is the path of religious madness, and it depends upon legions of devout and unquestioning supporters.

That is why the lies of organized religion, whether or not the christians, are anathema to peaceful societies in which progress flourishes, and that is why it is doing the good work to always expose the lies and the corruption of organized religion.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:56 pm
You said it Set. And it's time religion was confronted outright for what it is and it's consequences on the world. No more authority over men from imaginary sources either your ideas stand on there own without god or they have no place in law or government and are a private matter of your choosing and if you get carried away with it we call the religion police and there motto will be " Freedom of religion, Freedom from religion? YES."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:59 pm
Amigo wrote:
You said it Set. And it's time religion was confronted outright for what it is and it's consequences on the world. No more authority over men from imaginary sources either your ideas stand on there own without god or they have no place in public and are a private matter of your choosing and if you get carried away with it we call the religion police and there motto will be " Freedom of religion, Freedom from religion? YES."

NO! Shocked Amigo, you realize you are trying to usurp my civil rights here, don't you? You cannot dictate to anyone what God they believe in or do not believe in. So, tell me you are making a joke? Laughing
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:07 pm
Here's a good website, named: Jesus.com; Jesus seeks loving woman; "The most hated Blog on the Internet." Make sure to click on the "Date" button.

http://www.datejesus.com/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:09 pm
No joke. Dead serious. Except I changed "public" to "law and government".

The same way you can put a law on the books that says gay marriage is illegal is the same way I am saying Religion is illegal. I have faith in a god that says religion is illegal, Period.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:09 pm
High-larious Cliff . . .
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:12 pm
"No Irish need apply"! Jesus is racist! Well I never. And I was this close to emailing him, too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
There is a difference between the two Amigo. You are talking about the civil rights that everyone has under the U.S. Constitution. The states are deciding the gay marriage issue.

You, nor anyone else, can tell me who to or who not to believe in. I have freedom of religion according to the U.S. Constitution. You are talking about giving rights to someone that has not had them and I am talking about taking away rights that have been there.
0 Replies