Pssst, Boston... ready for another gathering?

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
Oh my goodness, avocado milkshakes???? Is that with lemon, salt & pepper?

Until Merry Andrew and I got property in Hawaii I never knew that avocado trees grew to such enormous heights. I used to save the seeds from the ones I bought at Safeway and sprouted them and grew them in a drafty apartment in the South End until they gave up on me.

Back on the Big Island I have Tea (like in lipton) plants growing on our lanai (hopefully). They have beautiful small white flowers that have an enticing, teasing scent.

Oh, Slappy, what does punani mean? It sounds like it could have the same meaning as a Hawaiian word puka.

Do hope you can join us for the festivities.

And now where is GUS? Out feeding his critters???

The reservation has been made, but I don't have to give a final head count until the day before the shindig. So get the oil in yur pickup changed GUS.

Sglass
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:40 am
OK, so this is the real Merry Andrew posting now (although why you should believe that is beyond me). I am really looking forward to seeing the whole bunch of you, some not for the first time.

Today we're off to the aptly-named Nutmeg State to see if the family fortune can be enhanced at the gaming tables of Foxwoods. (I, personally, have serious reservations on this score. In Montreal, I came close to losing not only my shirt but a large chunk of my sanity as well. Seaglass, however, did well enough to spring for dinner that night.) At any rate, it's a day trip and if anyone has aught to add to this thread, why, be assured it will be read.

The Merry one
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 09:59 pm
Punani is that thing there on a woman. That thing there, down there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:02 pm
Slick, Slappy.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:13 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Chinatown is easier to get to than Alewife for a blond who can't navigate around very well. Getting back to the highway may be trickier.

EastOceanisbetterwentherelastnight.

Hey hey hey now... I take offense to the blonde comment.... are you gonna be at this gathering Slappy.... if so I am gonna kick your ass for that one....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:46 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
if so I am gonna kick your ass for that one....

Promises, promises.

As of now, I can't make it, because I have a couple of visitors coming for that weekend.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
if so I am gonna kick your ass for that one....

Promises, promises.

As of now, I can't make it, because I have a couple of visitors coming for that weekend.

Eh... you might like it too much anyways lol....

Katie and I are going to try and make it.... no guarentee's though... I tend to oversleep on Saturdays, so it may be difficult for us to make it Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:04 am
Seaglass sez:

Slappy I am so disappointed you can't join us. I had envisioned using your head with an apple in your mouth as a centerpiece. But on the other hand any old pig will do.
0 Replies

nancyann Deren IOLA

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:05 am
Count me in! I am flying to Louisville, Kentucky folks on Thursday to pick up my new minpin, "MILO" at www.minpinrescue.org Check him out and see if you think he is adorable! Check on available dogs! Then check on "KY" for Kentucky" then check on his name "Milo." He is mine. I already paid for him. I fly and get him at the airport and fly right back. I was too sad without a dog! I had to get another one! See you at the restaurant! Cannnot wait!

Nancyann
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:32 am
verra cute critter, Milo is Smile

http://mgbeng.com/graphics/milo23_sm.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:03 am
aw!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:56 pm
Seaglass here:

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have to cancel the planned luncheon and return to Hawaii and take of urgent business.

Sorry, was looking forward to meeting you, but hopefully another time.

Regards,

Seaglass
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:12 pm
sorry to hear that, Seaglass...

um, are we still on for saturday the 18th then?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
i may have to go to NYC that weekend.... it seems that gods are changing our plans. i could be back by the 19th though...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
That sounds ominous, Seaglass, hope all is well...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:06 pm
Seaglass sez:

Sozobe, it is times like these that i wish I wasn't a landlady. i got tenant problems that have to be tended to.

Sorry Region Philbis, i hope to get of here before the alleged nor'easter hits and won't be back until it is on the hotty side. The spirit is willing but five years in aloha land has thinned the blood out and cold is cold!

regards,

Sglass
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:40 pm
Aw, shucks!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
Merry/seaglass, can ya send a ticket to the Help Desk so that we can get your accounts straightened out? Thanks.

Oh, and sorry to read you won't be coming in. Sad Next time, for sure. Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:44 am
Seaglass sez:

Thank you jespah, it has been a problem. A power surge knocked out my hard drive before I left aloha land and time has erased my password from my memory. Merry doesn't have an account problem, just me, I just need a password when I set up a new computer system back in aloha land. I'm looking at one of those Sony laptops. I used my daughter-in-laws when I was in Colorado and really liked it. But don't know how they are affected by power surges. (I even had one of those power surge gismos on my computer and lost my hard drive anyway). Any suggestions?

regards,

Sglass
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:19 am
I have no idea about hardware, particularly laptops. But send a note to the Help Desk and I can fix your password. For obvious reasons, that can't be discussed here or in PM. Thanks. Smile
0 Replies