The Black Dahlia Case Now solved after 50 years?

Letty

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 10:43 am
I was eating lunch and this interview with some lady talk show host (sorry don't remember the name of the show)on ABC, featured a homicide detective who had completed a book about his FATHER having been the killer of the Black Dahlia, a young woman who sought stardom in Hollywood, only to wind up being murdered.

Just a bit of background, but that is not the gist of what this thread is about. The fact that this homicide detective has written a book about his father being a serial killer (one of whom was the Black Dahlia) stunned me. The detective claimed that it was by the merest accident that he discovered concrete facts about his father, a psychiatrist, pegging him as THE serial killer of all times. Why would the detective do such a thing and how do you feel about it?

Folks, I searched the web concerning the very notorious Black Dahlia murder case, but I won't post the thread because it is entirely too gruesome. I'll leave that up to those who want to know more details.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Rae

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 06:57 pm
Wow, Miss Letty!

I would be very interested to see the link, but will probably end up finding it in a moment or two because I'm very curious now.

I don't know anything about the story, but as an auditor, my antennae went up immediately re the son writing the book. Cuz I'm suspicious by nature.

Will write again after finding the info.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 07:07 pm
Well.

A very gruesome murder, indeed.

I don't know what to think of Steve Hodel.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 07:27 am
Mornin', Mz. Rae. Smile

Thanks for having a look at this thread. When I watched that interview, the first thing that came to mind was: Why are you doing this to the memory of your father, especially when there is no possible defense for him? I then ran through, in my mind, the high profile cases in America today and wondered how many have really been solved, and how many have focused on the wrong perp, and worse still, how much crucial evidence has been buried in the archives of departmental shuffle.

Is Scott Peterson guilty of the murder of his wife? Was Robert Louis Stevenson a prophet?
0 Replies