If You Could Have Another Career, & Money were No Object....

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:47 am
If you knew then what you know now...... If money, family responsibilities and time were no object............

What career would you have wanted to pursue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,783 • Replies: 36
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 07:34 am
photo-journalist
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 07:38 am
hmmmmmmmm - ethologist - (not sure what animals) - singer - archaeologist - anthropologist - interior design - real estate - book shop owner - coffee shop hostess (done that) - potter- writer - as you can see, I have ever been a scattered sort of soul!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:04 am
Phoenix

Most of the "jobs" I've enjoyed most have been of the voluntary/spare time variety .... My favourite was community radio journalist.
But what ever the job, definitely PART-TIME! .... Full-time work just seems to gobble you up! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:28 am
Job/Career ---- I was fortunate in working for most of my life in the film and TV industries, they were in fact extended social communities and I got very well paid for taking part and having lots of fun. Never had a real job in my life.
Given my time again, I wouldn't mind being a writer, or to be an international sportsman or a rock guitarist.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 09:56 am
Web developer.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 10:14 am
I'm with dlowen - book shop owner. Also - dog breeder, newspaper columnist, librarian, park ranger, bar/lounge owner....

Is talent implied? :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 12:47 pm
Catcher in the rye.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
That's a book Bear, demands good reading skills
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 01:17 pm
Gosh, really? And I just happened to pick that profession out ?
Man, what're the chances?

Lots of big words like mayonnaise ya say? Damn, guess I'm out.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 01:23 pm
librarian, rare book dealer, person who allocates money to deserving good causes,( whatever they're called), person who goes to schools where underpriveledged children attend to read them books/ tell stories........
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 02:09 pm
Forensic Scientist/Criminologist
Bar Owner
Writer
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 02:37 pm
I am with Heeven, forensic science perhaps. I do love cooking however.

My next choice would be anything that paid me for doing nothing, but I suppose that would be a government job. Very Happy
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 03:35 pm
Archaeologist, mostly. To be able to work at your own speed, with a quest, outside...

One of my daughters is doing what she wants. She's a professional travel writer and translator, and gets paid to go all over, and then gets paid to write about it. And loves it.

Another thing. A cartoonist.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 04:03 pm
...I'm blessed to have spent the bulk of my adult life, making a living, doing things, I love. (Entertainer, photographer, Artists model..) In retrospect, all I would do is make a slight variation. Late in life I acted in an off-off Broadway play, and discovered, I had a natural gift for dramatic acting, so I would emphasize that, earlier.
...For a second job, ironically, I hate censorship, but if it has to be done, let me be one. Then I could see and read, all the good stuff! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:16 pm
Bi, buddy, Tend to read between the lines too much. Just want to remind you that Salinger was not banned in Boston but in Virginia. Smile

Love to you and dear Squinney. Now get that tongue out of your cheek, and play "Midnight in the oasis"..and for goodness sake, teach it to your cubs. Hmmm. who knows, even old Jerry might dance. Laughing

goodnight.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:43 pm
Astronaut, diplomat, story journalist, organizer of the masses, famous tap dancer, horse farm manager, and related things...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:45 pm
Money is no object, right?

Okay, I would own/operate/manage the best hotel anyone has ever stayed in. That's my dream.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:49 pm
and there's that Rae. Career accomplished... Cool
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 06:51 pm
Thanks, Letty.....now if I just owned the place..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies