The Middle of the Road or Not?

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:23 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
So, unless I vote yes, I am wrong?

I have to set aside my right to vote my conscience in order to be right? I have to overlook my right for someone elses'?

If my conscience dictated that I should actively deny people their rights, I'd ask myself why I felt that way.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:28 pm
Lash wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
So, unless I vote yes, I am wrong?

I have to set aside my right to vote my conscience in order to be right? I have to overlook my right for someone elses'?

If my conscience dictated that I should actively deny people their rights, I'd ask myself why I felt that way.

I feel this way because the Bible says God says homosexuality is wrong. If I vote yes I am voting against my principles. So, you would have me compromise my principles?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:30 pm
I'd have you improve your principles.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:32 pm
I'd consider a revamping of your approach to the subject, an improvement. I think your method of thinking about this subject is a hand me down from cold hearted people. I knew a lot of people like them.

Try to see Christ in this situation.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:33 pm
Catfight !
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:34 pm
Discussion, twit. LOL
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:36 pm
Meow.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:36 pm
MA-- God says gluttony and gossip are wrong, too. But you and I and millions of other people still got married. Why single them out?? I wish you'd answer that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:37 pm
Lash,

Christ would not okay same sex marriage. If homosexuality is an Abomination Unto the Lord why would He okay same sex marriage?

Lady Lash,

You surely can do much better than the gluttony thing. You cannot equate homosexuality to gluttony.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:39 pm
Lion - shush!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
Why isn't homosexuality one of the Ten Commandments if it's the only one that we hold aside for special derision?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Lash,

Christ would not okay same sex marriage. If homosexuality is an Abomination Unto the Lord why would He okay same sex marriage?

Lady Lash,

You surely can do much better than the gluttony thing. You cannot equate homosexuality to gluttony.

You're right, momma, gluttony is a learned behavior.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:44 pm
Thank you, littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:46 pm
Thank me? What I am implying is that gluttony can be dealt with - changed - homosexuality cannot. Which, to my mind, makes the discrimination even more cruel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:46 pm
Lash Wrote:

Quote:
Why isn't homosexuality one of the Ten Commandments if it's the only one that we hold aside for special derision?

There are two things in the Bible God calls an abomination; homosexuality and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:48 pm
littlek Wrote:

Quote:
Thank me? What I am implying is that gluttony can be dealt with - changed - homosexuality cannot. Which, to my mind, makes the discrimination even more cruel.

Hey, I don't care the reason you can't equate them. You just can't equate them.

So, I have to change my priniciples and go out there and vote yes otherwise I will be labeled as being discriminatory and bigoted? Is that correct?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:48 pm
LOL!!
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

(Doesn't this mean you are as guilty as a homosexual?)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:49 pm
The laugh was re littlek's comment.

MA-- I think you have mostly good intentions, I just think you are wrong about this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:56 pm
Lash,

I know you think I am wrong about this. That's fine. I frankly was not trying to prove anyone being wrong or right.

I just find it so ironic that I adjust my way of thinking (been told I'm hard headed, closed minded, etc.) and when I become more open-minded, etc., it ain't good enough.

And I get the feeling it won't be good enough until I completely change my view on this and just go out and vote yes on this issue. And, that IMO, comes awful dang close to wanting to restrict how or why I would vote either for or against something or someone, in the respect that I am flat out told I am wrong for exercising my right the way I see fit to exercise it.

I offered a compromise and was told no, you are still wrong. Go figure.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:58 pm
Momma-- You're incorrect about the abominations. Does this change your view?

Sexual sins of any kind are considered "abominations" to the Lord. See Leviticus 18: 18 - 30, paying particular attention to verses 27 - 30, which refer to "all these abominations" -- after various kinds of sexual activities apart from marriage have been mentioned. A similar list is repeated in Leviticus 20, concluding that God's people ought not to do these things "after the manner of the nations which I cast out before you." We find that the levitical laws also forbade remarriages of divorced couples, calling such an act an "abomination." Deuteronomy 24: 1 - 4. When we consider that Christ amplified these laws to include the lustful thought, who is without sin to cast the first stone?

Dishonest business practices are named as an "abomination" in Deuteronomy 25: 13 - 16, Proverbs 11: 1 and Proverbs 20: 10. It seems that scrupulously honest business practices are required of any professing to be the Lord's people. Do our practices pass the careful scrutiny of the Omniscient One?

Oppressive treatment of others and a haughty attitude are considered as "abomination" in Proverbs 3: 31 - 32, and a "froward heart" is again mentioned in Proverbs 11:20. I wonder if some of the actions of conservative Christians towards gay people might not fall into these categories of "abominations."

A list of six "abominations" are also given in Proverbs 6: 16 - 19:
These six things doth the LORD hate:
yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Who can claim innocence from all these "abominations"?

Will you fight against divorce and remarriage as heartily as you do gay people marrying?

Liars?? I'm sure you've lied. Will you give up your right to marry?

This sounds like an attack. It's just a desperate attempt to get you to admit to yourself what your motives are. You'll feel better when you do.
0 Replies