WOW! Molly Ivins: Not. Backing. Hillary.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:26 pm
Quote:
Sen. Clinton is apparently incapable of taking a clear stand on the war in Iraq, and that alone is enough to disqualify her.

This quote sez it all, to me.

I'm a liberal Democrat and I would vote for McCain. He has integrity and just seems to make good sense every time I hear him talk.

I don't have to agree with the Prez. on everything as long as I can trust that he is intelligent and has his heart in the right place. That's why Bush gets so much flack from people like me; because he has neither intelligence nor good intentions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:02 pm
snood wrote:
okie wrote:
fishin' wrote:
James Carville's new book "Take It Back" is along the same lines. The quip I picked up from him the other morning on the radio was that "Democrats need to grow a spine." and it falls in line with Ivins' piece.

Right or wrong, to mean much of anything in politics you have to stand for something. Wavering doens't get much traction.

Yeh, I for one would like to know what it is? Do any of you know?

These were all stated clearly in the launch post, but I will state them again for the reading-challenged...

The war in Iraq is a mistake and we should get out.

We want single-payer health care and we are willing to pay more taxes to get it.

We want to raise the minimum wage.

We want to repeal Bush's tax cuts, or at least those that go only to the rich.

We want to reduce the deficit not by cutting domestic spending, but by reducing Pentagon spending or raising taxes.

We want to do "whatever it takes" to protect the environment. Big oil companies are gouging consumers and so we would support a windfall profits tax.

You have your own challenges. Maybe you should note that Molly's points were directed at Democrats (and Hillary in particluar). Apparently Democrats aren't all in line with the items you've listed as much as you'd like to think they (i.e. "we") are.

Quote:
The talking point that Democrats "have no beliefs" is a buncha crap. Just something to say rather than argue ideas.

Who said anything about Democrats having "no beliefs"??? You are making things up out of whole cloth here. The problem isn't a lack of beliefs. It's a lack of COHERENT and CONSISTANT beliefs that are not only articulated but acted on. While YOU may want to eliminate the tax cuts and reduce the deficit by cutting Pentagon spending the Democrats that have bneen elected and are serving in the Congress have gone on their merry way doing the exact opposite. Maybe Hillary, Kerry, Gore and the rest of the Presidential wanna-be's should step out of their SUVs and take a look at that environment you want to protect at any cost. Maybe you could convince Kerry, Kennedy and the entire MA delegation in the House (all Democrats) to actually support the Cape Wind project (instead of fighting against it) so that MA would finally have a source of clean, renewable energy instead of relying on coal and gas fired plants for electricity!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:30 am
fishin'

Hard to comment on your comment, so I won't even try.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:31 am
Yeah. It's depressing, to be sure. Hoping that somebody emerges from the chaos who can actually lead. (Warner? Dunno.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:40 am
the republicans are scumbag war mongering profiteers who would sell their mothers wives and daughters to the highest bidder and the democrats are spineless unorganized pussies and doormats. We are stuck in the middle because we let it happen and we put up with it.

Only one thing left to do..."Pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday"
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:48 am
Bear
Bear, what kind of guitar do you play---and why?

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:53 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

I have a Washburn and a Takamine and I couldn't not play.....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:54 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
the republicans are scumbag war mongering profiteers who would sell their mothers wives and daughters to the highest bidder and the democrats are spineless unorganized pussies and doormats. We are stuck in the middle because we let it happen and we put up with it.

Only one thing left to do..."Pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday"

spineless jackals...proof positive

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/alito.ap/index.html
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
Let's not fiddle while Rome burns.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

I have a Washburn and a Takamine and I couldn't not play.....

I meant why did you choose the guitars you play.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:20 am
I chose the Washburn because it was the best I could afford at the time...thin wide flat nek, not chunky... the Takamine for the same reason and it's a better guitar.. much warmer, better electronics, better action... and the price tag reflects it.... I now want a Line 6 Variax 700... but of course at this time I can't afford it....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
The $1,200 guitar the Bear pines for
I chose the Washburn because it was the best I could afford at the time...thin wide flat nek, not chunky... the Takamine for the same reason and it's a better guitar.. much warmer, better electronics, better action... and the price tag reflects it.... I now want a Line 6 Variax 700... but of course at this time I can't afford it....

The world's first acoustic modeling guitar.

The Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar gives you several acousatic guitars in one easy-to-carry case. 16 richly detailed acoustic-instrument sounds, phenomenal feedback-resistance, unique and intuitive tone-shaping options, and instant access to altered tunings. These next-generation electronics are housed in a beautiful and playable thin mahogany body with cedar top. Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl snowflake position markers. Output can be sent direct to a PA, recording device, or any standard acoustic amplifier. Like owning a studio full of fine acoustics!

24 medium-profile frets, 25-1/2" scale length, and 17" fingerboard radius. Digital I/O jack for Vetta II connectivity. Included direct box provides power plus 1/4" Standard guitar and XLR balanced outputs. Can also be powered by onboard batteries or Line 6's Vetta II amplifier. Includes custom 1/4" TRS cable.

Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar Features:

Simple and intuitive Volume and Mic Position/Tone Shaping controls
Instant access to preset and custom altered tunings
Thin and comfortable mahogany body with cedar top
Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl snowflake position
markers
24 medium-profile frets
25-1/2" scale length
17" fingerboard radius
Standard 1/4" guitar output jack
Digital I/O jack for Vetta II connectivity.
Included direct box provides power plus 1/4" standard guitar and XLR balanced outputs
Can also be powered by onboard batteries or Line 6's Vetta II amplifier
Includes custom 1/4" TRS cable

The models in the Variax Acoustic 700 are based on studies of the following fine instruments:
Parlor
OOO-Size
American Dreadnought
Gibson J-45
Gibson J-200
Selmer-Maccaferri
D'Angelico New Yorker
Nylon String Classical
Guild F412 12-String
Stella 12-String
National Style O
Woodbody Dobro
Gibson Mastertone Banjo
Mandocello
Japanese Shamisen
Traditional Indian Sitar

Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar Includes:

custom-fitted heavy-duty Line 6 gig bag
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:48 am
Re: The $1,200 guitar the Bear pines for
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

The world's first acoustic modeling guitar.

The Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar gives you several acousatic guitars in one easy-to-carry case. 16 richly detailed acoustic-instrument sounds, phenomenal feedback-resistance, unique and intuitive tone-shaping options, and instant access to altered tunings. These next-generation electronics are housed in a beautiful and playable thin mahogany body with cedar top. Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl snowflake position markers. Output can be sent direct to a PA, recording device, or any standard acoustic amplifier. Like owning a studio full of fine acoustics!

24 medium-profile frets, 25-1/2" scale length, and 17" fingerboard radius. Digital I/O jack for Vetta II connectivity. Included direct box provides power plus 1/4" Standard guitar and XLR balanced outputs. Can also be powered by onboard batteries or Line 6's Vetta II amplifier. Includes custom 1/4" TRS cable.

Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar Features:

Simple and intuitive Volume and Mic Position/Tone Shaping controls
Instant access to preset and custom altered tunings
Thin and comfortable mahogany body with cedar top
Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl snowflake position
markers
24 medium-profile frets
25-1/2" scale length
17" fingerboard radius
Standard 1/4" guitar output jack
Digital I/O jack for Vetta II connectivity.
Included direct box provides power plus 1/4" standard guitar and XLR balanced outputs
Can also be powered by onboard batteries or Line 6's Vetta II amplifier
Includes custom 1/4" TRS cable

The models in the Variax Acoustic 700 are based on studies of the following fine instruments:
Parlor
OOO-Size
American Dreadnought
Gibson J-45
Gibson J-200
Selmer-Maccaferri
D'Angelico New Yorker
Nylon String Classical
Guild F412 12-String
Stella 12-String
National Style O
Woodbody Dobro
Gibson Mastertone Banjo
Mandocello
Japanese Shamisen
Traditional Indian Sitar

Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700 Modeling Guitar Includes:

custom-fitted heavy-duty Line 6 gig bag

it's the ca ca and no doubt about it... but I think we're getting the thread way off topic....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:44 pm
Bear
Bear, Molly wouldn't mind. She likes guitars and guitar players. She's a cool Texan.

BBB
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:46 pm
Besides, it's BBB's thread and she can take it anywhere she wants to take it.
0 Replies