WOW! Molly Ivins: Not. Backing. Hillary.

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 11:03 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,359 • Replies: 34
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
Go Molly!!!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 11:46 am
That is a good editorial and well said.

But we have been saying that at A2K for a long time. Molly isn't a member, is she?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:22 pm
Have to say I agree with Molly on this one...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:29 pm
<Nods>
Thanks for citing the column, BBB.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:53 pm
Why be so apparent? Let the Republicans try to divine what the Democrats are up to. Let them think there is an internal war. In football you try to deceive the opposition to think one way and you then play the other way. Why let the republicans think that all Democrats are for leaving Iraq? Republicans have so far outplayed Democrats for they made things appear one way and when Democrats geared themselves to respond they did otherwise and had Democrats with eggs on their faces.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:33 pm
James Carville's new book "Take It Back" is along the same lines. The quip I picked up from him the other morning on the radio was that "Democrats need to grow a spine." and it falls in line with Ivins' piece.

Right or wrong, to mean much of anything in politics you have to stand for something. Wavering doens't get much traction.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:36 pm
of course it does fishin', just take a gander at the bush immigration policy.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:07 pm
Bush isn't running for office. He managed to hold together a consistant message on it when he was running.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:08 pm
fishin' wrote:
James Carville's new book "Take It Back" is along the same lines. The quip I picked up from him the other morning on the radio was that "Democrats need to grow a spine." and it falls in line with Ivins' piece.

Right or wrong, to mean much of anything in politics you have to stand for something. Wavering doens't get much traction.

Yeh, I for one would like to know what it is? Do any of you know?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:18 pm
Oh, they are doing a jig in Elephant Town!

Hillary is the equivalent of not only Joe Biden, but Joe Lieberman?!!!

What firebrand is worthy of going down in flames against McCain in 2008?

Recent polls show McCain kicking Hillary's ass in a presidential race run tomorrow. What would he do against Howard Dean or Nancy Pelosi?

Memo to Molly Ivens and her cheerleaders on A2K: Are you able to retain in your minds this moment when two years hence Hillary is pandering to you in order to win the New Hampshire Primaries?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:27 pm
It looks like Hillary's strategy of acting like a moderate is not endearing her to the radicals these days. But surely they know shes one of them. I thought they were smarter than that. Or are they just playing dumb for now.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:35 pm
Finn,
Do you think that McCain can beat Jeb ?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:55 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Finn,

Yes
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:58 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Finn,

Yes

I hope you are right. I respect McCain, but I worry about what happened last time he tried out for the team.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
I am safely on the left side of most issues.

If given the chance I will vote for McCain over Hillary any day. I respect his integrity and his courage on tough issues including immigration and the use of torture.

The fact I like and respect the guy means I can overlook the things I disagree with.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
okie wrote:
fishin' wrote:

Yeh, I for one would like to know what it is? Do any of you know?

These were all stated clearly in the launch post, but I will state them again for the reading-challenged...

The war in Iraq is a mistake and we should get out.

We want single-payer health care and we are willing to pay more taxes to get it.

We want to raise the minimum wage.

We want to repeal Bush's tax cuts, or at least those that go only to the rich.

We want to reduce the deficit not by cutting domestic spending, but by reducing Pentagon spending or raising taxes.

We want to do "whatever it takes" to protect the environment. Big oil companies are gouging consumers and so we would support a windfall profits tax.

The talking point that Democrats "have no beliefs" is a buncha crap. Just something to say rather than argue ideas.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:16 pm
Always did like Molly. Wondered what she was up to and wish that I could get her syndicated column. Perhaps I could if I looked hard enough.

No politics as usual. I don't think that Hilary will get the nomination for that reason. Plus the obvious reason that she probably couldn't get elected.

We need Santos from "The West Wing".
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:27 pm
Sumac
sumac wrote:
Always did like Molly. Wondered what she was up to and wish that I could get her syndicated column. Perhaps I could if I looked hard enough.

No politics as usual. I don't think that Hilary will get the nomination for that reason. Plus the obvious reason that she probably couldn't get elected.

We need Santos from "The West Wing".

Sumac, if you go to this site and look at the list of columnists, you will find Molly Ivins and can read all of her columns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

BBB
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:16 pm
Thanks BBB. I've iconed her site to my desktop.
0 Replies