Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:35 am
I have a nine year old Chow and she snores like a diesel. If I bump her with my foot she stops for while but then starts up again. She really likes sleeping on the floor near the bed but I can't get used to the motoring, how do I get the dog to shut the **** up at night?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,540 • Replies: 28
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:15 am
I don't think you can. She's not a pushed-in snout type of breed (like a Boston terrier or Pug), so that's not the reason. But we had a Mastiff mix with a long snoot and he snored like a freight train.

You have, though, found the secret to temporarily stopping anyone's snoring (even a human's), get them to wake ever so slightly and change position.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:01 am
My nine year old Black Lab cross (might be part Chow because of the black spotted tongue) snores as well. Just saying her name stops the snoring.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:01 am
Earplugs?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
It is quite obvious a fair amount of time was spent in the compostion of this particular thread title.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
Learn to love white noise.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:59 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
It is quite obvious a fair amount of time was spent in the compostion of this particular thread title.
I was a painful emergence, like birthing puppies Smile
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:39 pm
Yep, when sleeping our springer spaniel would snore, he would also at times let out a few howls & other strange noises. We assumed he was dreaming. Sometimes we would say "cats" or "birds in the garden" He was immediately wide awake & on the case. Cats & birds beware.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:25 pm
My Chow will sometimes add extra noises too.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:32 pm
cat snores. honestly. too much passive smoking next door if you ask me. either that or the booze
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:33 pm
My 2 year old Rotty snores like a drunk man.......doesnt bother me too much and he cracks me up when he runs in his sleep, the legs start going
ninety miles per hour.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:39 pm
Have you ever discussed the dreams with the dog?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
yeah in sign language and he drives down to the shop to fetch my paper
as well
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:00 pm
I've found that dogs are wonderful listeners as well.
you can sit down on the couch & the dog will sit next to you whilst you tell it about all the great things you've been doing or more often that not, all the crap stuff. And the dog hangs onto every word you say. His ears twich, eyes sparkle & he starts dribbling worse thyan a baby. If you got a dog you don't need a shrink
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
Cat!?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:18 pm
Cats twitch a lot when they sleep & they aren't very good listeners IMO. still they are better than goldfish
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:27 pm
I have given up trying to talk intelligently to my Chow about the snoring, but my wife still talks to the Chow like it really understands. It's a rather frightening proposition given that I cannot understand my wife, or my dog, or most anything else, most of the time.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:43 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:44 pm
I understand how you feel. I tend to live in a world of my own. It's called My 2nd Childhood. Now it's time to pick up myu blanket and walk. Tis bedtime on the Septered Isle
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
To make matters worse, I thought I overheard both my Chow and Wife conspiring with the Rabbi's German Shorthaired Pointer to convert to Orthodox Judaism.
0 Replies