My weak immunity ?

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
Hello all;

I have recently concluded that my immune system is very weak: Everytime I get a fever it stays with me for too many days, and it really becomes heavy on me I can barely move out of bed..definitely cannot go out from home (and that for several days) ... not to mention the great amount of medicine which I take.. so in a nutshell it takes too long to recover.

How can I strengthen my immunity?? What should I do? (as far as fitness and food are concerned) ex: eat more proteins? exercise a lot? What exactly should be done?

Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:30 pm
I suggest seeing a doctor. Most of us here would suggest that. Some diseases can weaken your immune system (not just AIDS).

Also, you can try to make sure you eat well, get plenty of sleep, excersize, take vitamins and drink plenty of water.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:45 pm
Yup, what littlek said. Also, bring your doc all the drugs you are taking (or have a list made out for him). Everything. If you are taking tonnes of medicine, it could be contributing to your illness/weak immunity.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
Vonderjohn, you'd be surprised how much higher the probability is that you'll get sick if you're stressed out or depressed in any way. Generally, when people talk about weak immune systems, that's what's going on.

The solution is, of course, long walks on sunny days, spending time with your family, and having lots and lots of sex. Best remedy in the world.

Oh yeah, vitamins are also good. Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
Vonderjohn- It would be a good idea if you got a complete checkup, with blood work. There are blood tests that can determine whether the immune system is functioning properly. If you check out well physically, then you might have to delve into whether there are psychological causes. But, first things first. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
Hello everyone...and BIG thanks for the concern in your answers Smile

Well..I think a medical checkup would be the best solution...BUT...when I read what littleK said:

"Also, you can try to make sure you eat well, get plenty of sleep, excersize, take vitamins and drink plenty of water"

well..here it is. I do not have enough sleep. I do not eat well. And I do not exercise. Neither do I take any vitamin. Sad .. not because of my living standards, im perfectly fine, but its just an extremely hectic life I can barely have the time for myself.

I guess that's the main problem...at least when I try to have some more sleep, a bit of exercise and some more meals..i'd probably be better off. :s
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
Try to take care of yourself!
0 Replies