OBL offers truce...WHY?

ebrown p

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:27 am
woiyo wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Osama is offering a truce because he has delusions of grandeur. He is comparing himself to great military leaders in Islamic history.

In Islamic history, Saladin and Mohammed both offered similar truces before trouncing their opponents.

Osama is trying to claim his place in history with these two important figures.

I think he is psychotic.

Osama also gave warnings to the UK, with an offer. They ignored it, he hit them twice within weeks.

Anon

What are you suggesting? We have a sit down with the boy?

Absolutely not. We should be vigilant but dismiss Osama as unworthy of any discussion with us.

I was just pointing out that this message just indicates Osama's struggle for relevancy. More than anything he want a place in history more than barbaric murderer. It is meant more for the Islamic world than for us whom he expects to fall in behind him as their savior. Of course he is nothing more than a barbaric murderer.

The Bush administration is correct in saying that the US does not negotiate with terrorists.

In truth, Osama is a has been.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:29 am
I agree with you eb.

Off to buy a lotto ticket. Smile
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:41 am
Woiyo,

The first thing I wouldn't have done was attack Iraq.

The first thing I would have done is spend the 4 Bill a month we spend jacking with Iraq, and spend it on our own preparedness and Homeland Security.

If you think we are prepared to handle ANY kind of attack, think New Orleans!!

We have squandered our resources, we have wasted our time, and we have not spent the real money going after Osama. That's why he is still making threats. Not that someone else wouldn't step up right behind him and carry on! Anyone that thinks our hitting those four top men, if we really did (we are relying on the Pakistani's word, we don't have proof), then you are about to realize the folly of your thinking.

Based soley on the things I've read and heard from the different sources available ... I think we're hit in less than three months. That is based on how quickly he hit London after they decided to ignore him.

What would I do NOW???

I would try to get the bastard into talks, and see if I couldn't snuff his ass on the spot with anyone who was him.

I would tell Musharref (sp) to get off his ass and clean up the Afghanistan/Pakistani border or I would do it for him. If he threatened me with a nuke, I'd do something stern, not sure what yet!

I would get my ass out of Iraq today, and instantly start spending the 4 Bill a month we spend on it and get to preparing ourselves.

I don't like the next option, but it has become necessary. I believe in open borders, but they are impossible now. I would slam them down like an steel curtain.

That's just a quick starter.

Anon
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
Anon-Voter,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm glad you're not president. The only way you might be successful is if you impose North-Korean-like restrictions on the citizens and borders. And I took it from other posts that you were against the Government spying on their citizens.

There is not enough money in the world to do what you suggest in a free society. The only cost-effective solution to eliminate the problem of fanatical people that want to destroy your nation and way-of-life is to take the battle to them, whether it costs 4B a month or not.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 12:16 pm
slkshock7 wrote:
Anon-Voter,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm glad you're not president. The only way you might be successful is if you impose North-Korean-like restrictions on the citizens and borders.

How do you get that??

And I took it from other posts that you were against the Government spying on their citizens.

I am against it! I think we should take Bush and Cheney out on the Whitehouse lawn and shoot the bastards! That isn't anywhere in my post!

There is not enough money in the world to do what you suggest in a free society.

There's plenty of money, we're just not spending it correctly!

The only cost-effective solution to eliminate the problem of fanatical people that want to destroy your nation and way-of-life is to take the battle to them, whether it costs 4B a month or not.

We're spending the 4Bill, but it's going to people like Halliburton, not to our defense. It also would go a long way into paying for our own preparedness. So far, the only thing we've truly achieved is set up an Islamic Theocracy in Iraq and got our military decimated in terms of resources and morale. We've made the Bush Admin and his supporters immensly more wealthy, but we have done nothing for our own protection!

I told Woiyo that I thought we would be hit in less than three months. After having a couple of more days of studying the subject, I think it is going to be more like less than one. How are you going to feel about the job George has done after that, especially if it is on the same scale as the twin towers, or worse???

I wonder what excuses the rightwingers will make for George then???

Anon
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:29 pm
OBL is playing politics. He thinks the liberals in America and elsewhere will actually think he wants peace, so that he can maybe slant more public opinion againsts Bush since he knows Bush would never negotiate with him. And maybe he is not being as successful as he wishes with his plots not moving as fast as he would like, so he has to get his name in the news, kind of like lots of self absorbed nuts. He's frustrated, hasn't done much lately, and wants everybody to know he's still alive. This is all assuming he isn't dead long ago and somebody else looking similar to him is doing this. Question, if OBL has all this money, how come he can't afford better video and sound systems to record his little announcements?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 03:29 pm
I'm going to start a thread and keep quotes of all the right wing geniuses. Then when something is burning and people are dying, I'm going to publish them.

Anon
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:08 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:
Anon-Voter,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm glad you're not president. The only way you might be successful is if you impose North-Korean-like restrictions on the citizens and borders.

How do you get that??

I got it from your remark about slamming down the borders "like an steel curtain." Sounds exactly like the East Germans tried in the Berlin wall and like the North Koreans still do...what exactly did you mean?

anon-vote wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:

And I took it from other posts that you were against the Government spying on their citizens.

I am against it! I think we should take Bush and Cheney out on the Whitehouse lawn and shoot the bastards! That isn't anywhere in my post!

How else do you propose to keep this nation free of terrorists. You've already stated that you want to close down the borders "like steel curtains". What about the threat already here? From your later comments, I see that you're of the Mao/Stalin/Hussein leadership camp i.e. simply kill those you disagree with. I submit someone of that violent temperment would have very little hesitation to use spying techniques to rout out those who disagree with you and treat them according.

I see where you're coming from and my opinon of a nation under your president-ship still hasn't changed.

anon-vote wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:

There is not enough money in the world to do what you suggest in a free society.

There's plenty of money, we're just not spending it correctly!

The only cost-effective solution to eliminate the problem of fanatical people that want to destroy your nation and way-of-life is to take the battle to them, whether it costs 4B a month or not.

We're spending the 4Bill, but it's going to people like Halliburton, not to our defense. It also would go a long way into paying for our own preparedness. So far, the only thing we've truly achieved is set up an Islamic Theocracy in Iraq and got our military decimated in terms of resources and morale. We've made the Bush Admin and his supporters immensly more wealthy, but we have done nothing for our own protection!

The US already spends $2.5B per month on preparedness (FY04 Homeland Defense Bill $31B; FY05 Homeland Defense Bill $32B)...I wouldn't say this is doing "nothing for our own protection". And how do you know that this money (or any other money allocated to homeland security) is really going to "preparedness" (and not Halliburton or some other company)? And what makes you think the military is "decimated in terms of resources and morale". I work for the Army and we were far worse off in terms of resources and morale during the Clinton years. In comparison to then, these are "steak and gravy" days.

anon-voter wrote:

I told Woiyo that I thought we would be hit in less than three months. After having a couple of more days of studying the subject, I think it is going to be more like less than one. How are you going to feel about the job George has done after that, especially if it is on the same scale as the twin towers, or worse???

I wonder what excuses the rightwingers will make for George then???

Anon

I'll take that bet...Will you be willing to admit GW was right, if it doesn't happen in, heck, I'll even give you the full three months.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
Quote:

What about the threat already here? From your later comments, I see that you're of the Mao/Stalin/Hussein leadership camp i.e. simply kill those you disagree with"

Yea, and I see that you are of the Nazi Fascist group that attacks countries that have nothing to do with our attacks. I see you're of the group that thinks we have the right to attack and control countries for their resources and the money we can make off them. I see you're one who loves to torture and rape men and women alike!

GW is a misreable failure in any and every way possible. He has done so little right that it's easier to count that then the things he does right. Thanks to that miserable prick, we're in this spot. Woiyo asked me what I would do to get Osama. I wouldn't do it by attacking countries that had nothing to do with it. Bush told us he was going to make it mission in life to get Osama ... now he says he doesn't even think about him.

The only other option is to totally pull out, and I think that is probably the best choice, but we are too arrogant, too stupid, and too full of sh*t to do that!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:22 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Quote:

What about the threat already here? From your later comments, I see that you're of the Mao/Stalin/Hussein leadership camp i.e. simply kill those you disagree with"

Yea, and I see that you are of the Nazi Fascist group that attacks countries that have nothing to do with our attacks. I see you're of the group that thinks we have the right to attack and control countries for their resources and the money we can make off them. I see you're one who loves to torture and rape men and women alike!

GW is a misreable failure in any and every way possible. He has done so little right that it's easier to count that then the things he does wrong. Thanks to that miserable prick, we're in this spot. Woiyo asked me what I would do to get Osama. I wouldn't do it by attacking countries that had nothing to do with it. Bush told us he was going to make it mission in life to get Osama ... now he says he doesn't even think about him.

The only other option is to totally pull out, and I think that is probably the best choice, but we are too arrogant, too stupid, and too full of sh*t to do that!!

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:08 pm
anon said...
Quote:
I told Woiyo that I thought we would be hit in less than three months. After having a couple of more days of studying the subject, I think it is going to be more like less than one.

Wanna bet?
I am going to save this post,then when the 1 and 3 months pass,I am going to throw it right back in your face.
You are so sure we are going to get hit,I am going to enjoy calling you a jerk for making such a stupid forecast.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:19 pm
mysteryman wrote:
anon said...
Quote:
I told Woiyo that I thought we would be hit in less than three months. After having a couple of more days of studying the subject, I think it is going to be more like less than one.

Wanna bet?
I am going to save this post,then when the 1 and 3 months pass,I am going to throw it right back in your face.
You are so sure we are going to get hit,I am going to enjoy calling you a jerk for making such a stupid forecast.

I hope you get that opportunity!

Anon
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 11:28 am
anon-voter wrote:
I think we should take Bush and Cheney out on the Whitehouse lawn and shoot the bastards! That isn't anywhere in my post!

anon-voter wrote:
I see that you are of the Nazi Fascist group that attacks countries that have nothing to do with our attacks. I see you're of the group that thinks we have the right to attack and control countries for their resources and the money we can make off them. I see you're one who loves to torture and rape men and women alike!

So support of the war makes me a Nazi Fascist, war profiteer and rapist??? If so, well, Hi Pot, I'm kettle..

Tell your friends in the white jackets that you need your medication again.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:11 pm
Great piece on Right Wing Nuthouse about the similarities between Michael Moore ant-war rhetoric and Osama's tirade

Read it here http://rightwingnuthouse.com/ date 21 Jan 06

I especially like the ingenious suggestion he puts forth at the end for a commercial that will have the lefties frothing at their mouths and doing all the work for us..

RightWingNuthouse wrote:
I suggest the RNC take a page out of LBJ's dirty campaign book and come up with a commercial that has Osama spouting his hate on one side of the screen with liberals on the other side saying basically the same thing. They don't even have to run it, just release it to the cable outlets. The Democrats will do the rest by making a huge to-do about it which will have the news nets playing it around the clock until most of the country has seen it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
slkshock7 wrote:
Great piece on Right Wing Nuthouse about the similarities between Michael Moore ant-war rhetoric and Osama's tirade

Read it here http://rightwingnuthouse.com/ date 21 Jan 06

I especially like the ingenious suggestion he puts forth at the end for a commercial that will have the lefties frothing at their mouths and doing all the work for us..

RightWingNuthouse wrote:
I suggest the RNC take a page out of LBJ's dirty campaign book and come up with a commercial that has Osama spouting his hate on one side of the screen with liberals on the other side saying basically the same thing. They don't even have to run it, just release it to the cable outlets. The Democrats will do the rest by making a huge to-do about it which will have the news nets playing it around the clock until most of the country has seen it.

I'm not going to froth anytime soon. I just hope that when Osama hits us, which he will, it's a nice solid red state. Then I'll want to hear about what a great job George is doing. Lash already has her excuses rehearsed and ready. Planning ahead I suppose!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
I'm sorry, but that last comment by Anon is fricking retarded, and deserves more than I can dish out in response.

People like that deserve a personal visit from a really pissed off Marine.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
I just hope that when Osama hits us, which he will, it's a nice solid red state.
Anon

Now we know which side you whackos are on. Why don't you go join Osama in the caves? Away with ya, be gone.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:35 pm
Not too big on payback ... are you?? Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:53 pm
Not usually, but I know where you live.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:54 pm
Good, come on over! You're buying though!!

Anon
0 Replies