Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:13 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:15 am
Probably something the bushs and bin ladens cooked up together that's politically and financially expedient. they've been partners and friends for years you know.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
I knew it wouldnt take long for someone to blame Bush.
But throughout military history,offering a truce is not done by someone with a position of strength.

Personally,I think its because the Iraqi people ignored his call to boycott the elections,his chief lieutenants just got killed in Afghanistan,the people of Iraq are starting to turn on and turn in the insurgents,etc.

I think that he wants a truce because he is realizing that he cant win,and instead of surrendering he wants to just stop fighting.

He may not realize that he will never be "left alone",because he will always be a wanted man.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:25 am
mysteryman wrote:
I knew it wouldnt take long for someone to blame Bush..

never let it be said I would disapoint a veteran who has served his country honorably. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:35 am
take a joke big guy...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:12 am
Last gasp of a desperate man?

He leads NOTHING. So who would one make a truce with?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:36 am
"The greatest purveyor of violence on earth is my own government."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:55 am
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 05:25 pm
Full Text of UBL tape

I'm upset that UBL is parroting the anti-war rhetoric he hears from the main stream media

1) "polls that show an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq."
2) "Pentagon figures show the number of your dead and wounded is increasing not to mention the massive material losses, the destruction of the soldiers' morale there and the rise in cases of suicide among them."
3) "The news of our brother mujahideen (holy warriors) is different from what the Pentagon publishes. '
4) "Read, if you will, the reports of the horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons."
5) "know the truth of what I say. This is that Bush and his administration do not have the will or the ability to get out of Iraq for their own private, suspect reasons. "
6) "We don't mind offering you a long-term truce on fair conditions that we adhere to. We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war. There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America who have supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars"

What more proof do you need that Osama and his minions are encouraged by the anti-war rhetoric and see the way to victory by simply continuing to fuel anti-Bush sentiment.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:22 pm
I think this is a very good take on what the Osama warning is all about!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?clip=/media/2006/01/19/video1223249&sec=201&vidId=201&title=Bin$@$Laden$@$Tape$@$Analysis&hitboxMLC=national

It's not coming up with the tape I'm after. The title is "Assessing Bin Ladens Threat"!

Anon
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 02:31 am
mysteryman wrote:
My question is this...

Why offer a truce if you are as sure of winning as OBL snd AQ say they are?

Dear mysteryman:

BVT has given you the most probable answer to your question, like it or not:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Probably something the bushs and bin ladens cooked up together that's politically and financially expedient. they've been partners and friends for years you know.

Let's take BVT's probable assessment a few steps further and give it a dramatic flair.

It appears that the only person in the world who can save America from the Bush (Shrub) / Osama bin Laden (Coffers fully Laden) alliance is Geena Davis when she plays herself in the Long Kiss Goodbye II directed by Michael Moore.

LONG KISS GOODBYE II
(Rough Draft Script)

Scene: Freezer--Geena Davis (playing Samantha Caine / Charly Baltimore) is on her knees and clutching her daughter. The villianous CIA Director is telling her about "Operation Honeymoon" (a black bag operation that requires an exploding tanker and 4,000 dead Americans).

CIA DIRECTOR: You ought really to have stayed dead. You don't know the rules of the game any more.

GEENA: Tell me about it.

CIA DIRECTOR: Budget cuts, dear.

GEENA: Budget cuts? is that what this is about? operation honeymoon . . . you're running a fund raiser . . . .

CIA DIRECTOR: 1993, World Trade Center bombing, remember? During the trial one of the bombers claimed the CIA had advanced knowledge; (laughing) the diplomat who issued the terrorists visa was CIA, its not unthinkable they paved the way for the bombing, purely to justify a budget increase.

GEENA: You're tellin' me that you're gonna fake some terrorist thing just to scare some money outta congress?

CIA DIRECTOR: Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fake killing 4000 people, so we're just going to hafta do it for real. Oh, we'll blame it on the Muslim terrorists naturally, then I'll get my funding. . . .

[In the freezer, we see the body of a dead Arab who is removed from a meat hook and who will serve as the terrorist who dies in the planned blast.]

GEENA: So you plant this poor Arab to take the fall. What's going out in the tanker? Well? I'm going to die anyway so you can tell me . . . .

CIA DIRECTOR: Chemical bomb. Chain reaction. Once started, it can't be stopped. The catalyst injected into the tanker heats up. We pull the truck into the centre of town. It goes critical around midnight. Farewell. Adieu. Bang. . . .

PHONE RINGS. As the camera pulls back, it becomes apparent that the movie scene is on a television set. Geena Davis (playing herself) is sitting on the couch in her living room watching the movie . . . she mutes the sound on the TV and answers the telephone . . .

GEENA: Hello.

CALLER: Hello . . . Ms. Davis . . .

GEENA: Yes . . .

CALLER: My name is Gott McBallans. I'm President Shrub's press secretary . . . I hope I'm not interrupting you.

GEENA: Of course not . . . I was just watching an old movie. What can I do for you?

CALLER: The President asked me to call you and express the Unitary Executive branch's congratulations to you for winning a Golden Globe award for your role as the first female president in Commander in Chief.

GEENA: Thank you. I'm honored that President Shrub would take an interest in my television show.

CALLER: The President has never watched your show, but he is aware that the United States might someday . . . oh, maybe four or five centuries down the road . . . elect a female president . . . and he thinks it would improve his current ratings if he gave his nod of approval to that unlikely prospect by shaking your hand in public . . . you know . . . (laugh) one "commander in chief" to another (laugh).

GEENA: I would be HAPPY to engage in a photo opportunity with President Shrub . . . .

FAST FORWARD

SCENE: Inner sanctum of the White House; private meeting room. Geena Davis has been told to wait for the President to join her, but she's growing impatient. An hour has passed and she decides to go look for someone to tell her when Shrub is going to show his inconsiderate ass. She leaves the room, walks a short distance and opens a door to another room. She can hear voices coming from the other side of slightly ajar door at the other side of the room. As she approaches that door, she hears the Shrub's voice:

SHRUB: I always wanted to be dictator and that's what I am. The American people are just too stupid to figure it out. Useful idiots, all of them.

(Laughter)

UNKNOWN: Coffers fully Laden is on board one-hundred percent with your agenda. Are you pleased with his latest audiotape?

SHRUB: I most certainly am. He included all the talking points on our list. I'm very pleased. My VP, Dick Chainemupy, is spinning it in our favor just as we planned.

CHAINEMUPY: Oh yes. It's the catalyst we needed to elevate the national security watch and a "good reminder" to the people that a "serious threat" remains.

(LAUGHTER)

CHAINEMUPY: Did you see my impassioned plea to Congress to extend the Patriot Act? I had them eating out of my hands when I said, "There are reasons why we haven't been attacked in four-and-a-half years--It's not just dumb luck."

(HILARIOUS, KNEE-SLAPPING LAUGHTER)

SHRUB: If those dumb son-of-a-bitches only knew!

(More LAUGHTER)

SHRUB: Now, seriously . . . we're getting good mileage out of Coffers fully Laden's audiotape. In anticipation of the public release of his audiotape, Attorney General Gonzobeans sent a report to Congress outlining the "legality" (wink, wink) of our domestic spying program. He reminded Congress and the public that we need to take away the right to privacy in order to prevent another catastrophic terrorist attack on America. We have every member of Congress's electronic communications bugged--and trust me--we're getting dirt on all of them. Abrabribehams has been laying our groundwork for years and they're all scared shitless about who he's going to rat on next!

(LAUGHTER)

SHRUB: We have Congress in our back pocket and the stupid sheeple begging us to save them while we lead them to the slaughterhouses to eviserate their rights.

CHAINEMUPY: The Sheeple (laugh) . . . may their CHAINS set lightly upon them . . . .

(LAUGHTER)

SHRUB: Tell Coffers fully Laden to get a fresh supply of jihadists ready. The American people might need a terrorist refresher if they start screaming too much about their damn civil rights and unchecked presidential power. We need to continue preparations for OPERATION HONEYMOON II to take place just before the next presidential election. Our agents in the CIA will assist Coffers fully Laden's operatives to slip into the country so everything will be in place.

UNKNOWN: And . . . after you have successfully installed martial law and canceled the election . . . . THEN?

SHRUB: Yes . . . THEN . . . Coffers fully Laden will have his reward.

UNKNOWN: Coffers fully Laden will have complete control of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan . . . they will all be his . . . .

SHRUB: Yes. We have Afghanistan and Iraq nailed down and we're ready to enter Iran as soon as the American people can be convinced of the danger that Iran poses to us . . . the people believe that Pakistan is harboring terrorists and we've already entered the borders . . . soon, the entire region will be under our control. We'll hand over control to Coffers fully Laden when everything else falls into place . . . he will have his Islamic State and I will have my Christian State with the rendition of liberals to torture camps, the women back in the kitchen--honoring and OBEYING their men, the gays locked back in the closet, and GOD in every class room . . . you know, the way things ought to be in my dictatorship . . . .

Chainemupy: GOD BLESS AMERICA . . . and the UNITARY SHRUB . . .

Geena is shocked by what she has heard. She leans too heavily into the door and it squeaks open making her presence known to everyone.

Stay tuned for developments in the plot . . . .
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:31 am
Osama is offering a truce because he has delusions of grandeur. He is comparing himself to great military leaders in Islamic history.

In Islamic history, Saladin and Mohammed both offered similar truces before trouncing their opponents.

Osama is trying to claim his place in history with these two important figures.

I think he is psychotic.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Osama is offering a truce because he has delusions of grandeur. He is comparing himself to great military leaders in Islamic history.

In Islamic history, Saladin and Mohammed both offered similar truces before trouncing their opponents.

I think he is psychotic.

Osama also gave warnings to the UK, with an offer. They ignored it, he hit them twice within weeks.

Anon
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I think he is psychotic.

Osama also gave warnings to the UK, with an offer. They ignored it, he hit them twice within weeks.

Anon

What are you suggesting? We have a sit down with the boy?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:41 am
woiyo wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I think he is psychotic.

Anon

We will ignore him, we will posture and bluster, we will be stupid and arrogant .... and he will do what he said he will. It's as easy as that!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:56 am
I'll say this - he won't hit Detroit.

Detroit will still burn.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I think he is psychotic.

Anon

We will ignore him, we will posture and bluster, we will be stupid and arrogant .... and he will do what he said he will. It's as easy as that!!

Anon

Then you are suggesting we have a sit down with OBL.

Why do you think we can achieve peace with him and his "club" if we have a sit down? What would you give up to achieve peace with him if you were the Pres. of the US?
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:01 am
Debra_Law wrote:

BVT has given you the most probable answer to your question, like it or not:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

It appears that the only person in the world who can save America from the Bush (Shrub) / Osama bin Laden (Coffers fully Laden) alliance is Geena Davis when she plays herself in the Long Kiss Goodbye II directed by Michael Moore.

This is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

PS- Michael Moore is a fraud.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:22 am
BBB
Those of you who know nothing about Islam and the Koran can make up all sorts of silly reasons for bin Laden's truce offer.

Osama bin Laden offered a truce to comply with Koran requirements that before attacking an enemy who does not accept Islam, a truce must be offered.

BBB
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
cjhsa wrote:
I'll say this - he won't hit Detroit.

Detroit will still burn.

Who the hell in their right mind would want to hit Detroit?? Smile

Anon
0 Replies