Lower back pain & allergies

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
Do I need to take the recommended daily amount of glucosomine, chondroitin, & MSM, & also the recommended daily amount of fish oil to prevent lower back pain & to keep my joints lubricated, or would one of the kinds of supplements be enough? I've heard that fish oil is good to prevent allergy symptoms too. Is that true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,414 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:00 am
Debbie63- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I can only speak from personal experience. I take glucosamine chondroitin & MSM, for arthritis. Once I had to stop these supplements for a couple of weeks, because they tend to thin the blood, and I was going for an operation.

I was absolutely miserable. I never realized how much they helped in terms of easing the discomfort of arthritis, until I stopped taking them. I also have problems with lower back pain, due to herniated discs, spinal stenosis and spurs due to arthritis, but I am not so sure that the glucosamine chondroitin and MSM do much for that.

I also take fish oil, but for my heart. I had never heard anything about fish oil in terms of allergies.

[quote]Those with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or other auto-immune disorders. Omega-3s may help relieve the inflammatory symptoms of such auto-immune diseases by suppressing the immune response. Thus, they can help reduce the joint pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation says the supplements are worth trying. Clinical studies suggest about 3 grams of omega-3s a day. [/quote]

Is your pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis? The two conditions are quite different. There may be other reasons for the back pain besides those two,

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsFishOil.php
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:24 pm
I believe green lipped mussel oil is showing up as better than just fish oil.

I use it and glucosamine.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 12:04 am
Hi, my mother has the same problem, but she doesn't use any medication.

Sometimes, we go to the clinic for an injection or pills when it go worse.

This happen because she is stubborn and want always to work, got outside

for shopping, etc.

The only good thing I know for such cases is physio.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 12:05 am
Oops, Hi Debbie63 and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:32 am
dlowan wrote:

Bunny- Where in the world do you get green lipped mussel oil, or is that product only sold in Oz?

Anyhow, I take Glucosamine chondroitin & MSM. Lately, I was having a lot of trouble with my back, so I increased the glucosamine. It seems to be working. I wonder how much you can take, before it would become a problem?
0 Replies

Debbie63

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:00 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Bunny- Where in the world do you get green lipped mussel oil, or is that product only sold in Oz?

Anyhow, I take Glucosamine chondroitin & MSM. Lately, I was having a lot of trouble with my back, so I increased the glucosamine. It seems to be working. I wonder how much you can take, before it would become a problem?
For lower back pain, allergies, & most other health problems people can have, I am drinking half my body weight in ounces of water each day, along with 1/4 teaspoonful of UNREFINED SEA salt for each quart of water I drink each day. It is neccessary so that one won't get dehydrated. I was a little skeptical at first. Please check out the great website I checked out recently=== [email protected] You'll be glad you did. Take care
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:09 am
Debbie63- I would be leery about adding more salt to my diet. I tend towards edema in my legs, so I have to go very lightly on the salt.
0 Replies