*whines* I'm lonely

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:22 am
Seriously. I just moved into an apartment in a super small town. I know absolutely no one yet...which i'm sure will change once I start school in Feb.(another story), but doesn't change the fact that I am soooo lonely. Its after 4am right now, I am extremely tired, but I can't make myself go to sleep cause I don't like sleeping alone. This is the the longest i've went without having a significant other, and it's finally kicking in that maybe I do need someone. Dammit, I don't want to need someone...

*sighs*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 10
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:04 am
I agree, being lonely sucks.
Its human nature to want to need someone so please dont beat yourself up about it.

How old are you, you say yuo are at school but also have an apartment?

It takes time, just smile and be yourself.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:36 am
A sense of community is important to all people. The good thing is the problem can be fixed by you. You need to start putting yourself into places that you can meet people. Join a school club, go to a gym, volunteer, and most important - just start talking to people. If you are on-line at the school cafeteria or administration just start talking to the person ahead of you or behind you. Small talk if fine when first meeting people.

I also want to suggest that you learn to enjoy being by yourself. It's just an important to get along with ourselves as it is to get along with others. These are the times to read a good book or do a little writing in the peace and quiet.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:11 am
I'd go further than that, GW. I'd say it's impossible to be truly happy with anyone else if you can't learn how to be happy being alone first.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:39 pm
Well ladies, great advise!

Material Girl-I am 21, yes young, but truly an old soul. I've been moved out of my parents house since 17. At 18 I moved in with my ex commonlaw bf of over two years.

Also, school hasn't started yet, and the story behind that is that it may be cancelled now due to lack of ppl. Like I said, this is a very very small town. Probably what most of you would call a village or whatever the modern word is for that. There are no gyms, there is no cafeteria at the school. There is however a grocery store.....lol And well if school doesn't start then I moved here for nothing and am going to have to pack up and leave again.

As for being alone. I actually love being alone, i've always loved being alone. For the most part I have more fun being with myself. I find it boring most of the time being out and about with people. But since I just moved here and know no one, I guess I am just missing the option of being able to spend time with others. It's just really in the evening and at night when I miss having some one around. This lonely at night business just started. If anything I was enjoying having my bed to myself for the past 7 months. Only now I want someone to cuddle.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
Get a dog.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
I am 21 also... I moved out at 18 and moved in with the ex.... just moved back home a few months ago... looking to be back on my own soon... Been single for 5 months now....

So I hear you on the lonely nights...

But look at the bright side, at least you have had the opportunity to have held someone before(I am guessing that you have)... some people never get that comfort

Start fresh, meet new people, don't be shy... it will all work out for the best
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Get a dog.

Or, if you don't want the high maintenance, get a cat. Either one is awesome when you're on your own.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
Miss IT - could you at least warn us that you've changed your name <sigh>.

I love you but you made my old brain work too hard at the end of a work week.

I'll be back.

<this is a fancy bookmark, with embroidered chains>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
If you're in a small town in Sask. then I feel for you. I can understand the loneliness factor. Sask. is too much like Manitoba. So very little to do.

Hey...why ARE you in a small town by yo'self?!

Shocked

Run.....run....!!

:wink:
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:31 pm
Ehbeth-Sorry for the confusion. I put it in my sig line for you and everyone else! Guess I should have done that before...I was not trying to hide I assure you.

Green Witch-I got a cat....causes more havok then good. Don't like dogs so much, and wouldn't be able to let it out and whatnot while at school all day...really not fair to it.

Flushd-I moved here as it was the only place offering the course I want to take. I had planned it this way so I would be working again for the summer months. It's only a five month course, I should be able to handle that.
0 Replies