0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 09:44 pm
Was wollte der kleine Zellig denn?

Klotz.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 09:48 pm
THEY should have walked single file and held hands.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 09:55 pm
Aw fugg, I missed out on the trampling. Howcome A2k is letting multipersonalities from geniuses who dont even hide the fact that they are multipersonalities?
Did anyone catch the logic of Zellig / et al 's reason for posting as 2 accounts?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 09:59 pm
well, there is nothing in the TOS to disallow it.

I would speculate that it opened at least two accounts to spread its message of hate more effectively, by adding numbers to its opinions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 10:03 pm
Aw jeez, thats how "the other place" started its decline, by lax hall monitoring.

Silly rabbit
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 10:08 pm
Harris Zellig wrote:
au1929 has provided a good closing statement for this thread as far as I am concerned. Thanks.

Let the other clowns talk among themselves.
I have better things to do. No intelligent discourse here.

The news article stands, however, as testimony to just the sort of ignorance - displayed here by dlowan and setana- that Goethe was talking about.

"Lassen Sie die Dummköpfe Sie nicht stören."

Hmmm...interesting.

Its purpose was clearly to spread hatred of Islam, yet it is happy, it says, with a closing statement condemning the irrationality of all religion.

It is clearly not sensitised to oxymorii perpetrated by itself.

Farmerperson, Abuzz died because the NYT found no profit, Craven has never had aught but loss, financially, from A2k.

And, Abuzz deteriorated because there was no moderation...we have mods.

And, the likes of this purveyor of hate may not pretend to be another member.

"Don't Panic"...as Douglas Adams mote say.

Oy!

Who you calling silly!
0 Replies

Harris Zellig

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 12:02 am
see:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67046
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:07 am
Interesting.......Hmmm.......

Between AU1929's post at the bottom of the previous page, and dlowans post at the top of this one, there were two or three posts (including one of mine, which in no way broke any rules) that seem to have disappeared.

Ho Hum.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:19 am
Harris Zellig wrote:
In re: Usernames -

Yes Media_Explorator is a general professional name.

Harris Zellig is a personal name.

weird. you did have to set up a profile under that name here, though. it doesn't just carry mirraculously over from BBC site. 'professional name'? on a chat forum? huh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:23 am

Surprising topic.

This poster is indeed several one trick ponies.

Do you and Beth know this persdon from another site, beth and daga?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:49 am
Zellig Sabbatai Harris, 1909-1992. Ukrainian-born American linguist who revolutionized linguistic study by developing mathematical linguistics . . .

The foregoing from Answers-dot-com . . . Zellig Harris' name is often linked with that of Noam Chomsky. Mayhap our "friend" here thinks himself to be Chomsky-esque, and hence his contempt for our tiny, tiny intellects (in comparison, of course, to his towering genius) . . .
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:59 am
no i don't know him. it's in his own posts - he claims to have been using the other username because he 'just came' from a bbc news forum.... how the bbc site logged him into ours without his conscious filling out a new profile with a different user name remains a mystery.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:27 am
OOOH, you'd make a good detective, Dag.

God help the bloke who goes out with you and tries to get away with anything.

I am too trusting, methinks. I shall have to be more suspicious.

<pulls collar up and trilby down, leans against lamp post and pretends to read newspaper>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:21 am
Daggles peers in gap between newspaper and trilby and says:

"Lord Ellpus, I presume?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:27 am
I was going to post a long reply, about the Hajj, the Kabah (which has been a tourist attraction at Mecca longer than Islam has existed), and the entire history of this--and then take notice of trampling deaths at rock concerts, dance club fires, soccer "hooliganism" and urban riots--in short, all the evidence "our" culture is just as lethal as any other.

But why bother, i'd be preaching to the choir, and i doubt that Zelpolator is going to drop his irrational hatred of Islam.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:00 am
sigh...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:31 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
This is not the first time it has happened, and won't be the last.

............and all for what?
Because they wanted to get a good aiming point to throw a stone at the devil. Yesterday an African Christian pastor was exposed for branding children possessed by the devil. (Such children have to have the devil beated out of them...and if they wont confess then there is always ritual slaughter back in Africa..). Oh and yesterday too we hear at the Old Bailey another cleric exhorting his followers to take up arms to establish a world wide Islamic government (the caliph to be seated at the White house no less). "You have to bleed the enemy". Kill the kuffar. Train to kill in the name of Allah. And your average English parish church? A place of "dancing, iniquity, black magic" where Muslim refugees are converted to Christianity.

And people wonder why I have such a downer on religion?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
Stressed?

http://www.therightfoot.net/mystuff/whatever/swf/bubblewrap.swf
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:12 am
I dont know Harris Zellig. I dont know if he's a Trotskyist or a neo-con or a bleeding heart liberal. But if he has contempt for religious ideas that end up doing a great deal of harm, then I share it.

There have been several cases of the most appalling child abuse in the UK where Social Services have been reluctant to get involved because they dont wish to be accused of meddling or stepping on cultural values, in this case the belief among certain Christian communities of possession by evil spirits...Kindoki

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4609327.stm

Islam is no better imo.
0 Replies