Dawkins TV Programme. "The Root of All Evil"

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:10 am
material girl wrote:
Spendius and Steve, Im totally lost,

Well spendy can save your soul, I can only give you directions.

Gotta go...

Do I believe in God? Define that word...I've been trying to do that all my life, so far without success.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:14 am
dyslexia wrote:
did jesus kiss Magdelene on the mouth?

No idea, is it relevant?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:17 am
material girl wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

No idea, is it relevant?

I have no idea on its relevancy, I just thought it was an interesting question. You disagree?
Ok then, do you think jesus wore boxers or briefs?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
I think he probably went commando, which facilitated "getting a leg over" with Mary Magdelene when the apostles were off preaching to the gullible . . .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Do I believe in God? Define that word...I've been trying to do that all my life, so far without success.

God(dictionary definition)-a superhuman or supernatural being regarded as controlling natural forces and human destinies and worshipped or propitiated by man; a personification of any of the forces of nature etc

My version of the word God-a word that could be described as the resulting event, if any, of a strong thought by an individual or individuals.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:23 am
Setanta wrote:
I think he probably went commando, which facilitated "getting a leg over" with Mary Magdelene when the apostles were off preaching to the gullible . . .

It's been reported that the divine ms mary cried out in the night (and often as well) "Oh god. Oh god"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
Probably the origin of the silly idea that Hey-Zeus was divine . . .
0 Replies

material girl

dyslexia wrote:
material girl wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

No idea, is it relevant?

I have no idea on its relevancy, I just thought it was an interesting question. You disagree?
Ok then, do you think jesus wore boxers or briefs?

Again, it isnt relevant.
0 Replies

material girl

Setanta wrote:

Mwohahahahaha
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:30 am
material girl wrote-

Quote:
But there are women who dont mind having sex, actually some quite like it so please dont feel that its always a bad thing.

There are various other things mixed up with the idea of "sex".Money for example.Security.A sense of being valued.Influence.All attractive propositions with no relation to anything else.Career choices really.Only of use to skint,insecure women with no influence.A Roman Empress would be disdainful of such things.

You need to define "sex".If I take the position that "getting laid" etc falls well short of any sensible definition it doesn't mean,at all, that I think real sex a "bad thing".It is simply dangerous for men as Empresses usually are.

One can hardly claim intimacy with a lady who one does not share one's thoughts with and this facet of the matter is especially difficult with people of a wide literary experience.Phrases such as "getting laid" and many others of a similar despicable nature are mere boltholes for those who fear such things to escape into. They even claim that priests break their chastity vows in secret because the very idea that they don't leaves them gasping and confused.

And then there is the Dylan couplet from Journey Through Dark Heat-

"I didn't tell her what my private thoughts were
But she had some way of finding them out."

Or the one from If You See Her Say Hello-

"Either I'm too sensitive
Or else I'm getting soft."

And of course,with reference to MG's quote above-

"She fakes just like a woman."

My suspicion is that Mr Dawkins is a "leg over" type.
As de Sade's boiling,vitriolic irony sought to show such attitudes are dangerous to women.He simply took "getting laid" to its logical conclusion to demonstrate the emptiness of it.

If one returns to The Courts of Love and The Romance Of The Rose and chivalry generally one can easily see that the "leg over" mindsets would have been picking turnips and "seeing to themselves" in such a milieux.One had to risk one's life there in order to even approach a Lady.
The "leg over" merchants are not up for that.They demand exactly the right salting of their mashed potatoes or they start shouting and making a big fuss.
Don't try guessing who put such distorted ideas into their little heads.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:33 am
so, you dont get laid much spendi?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:42 am
Oh, the ins and outs of sex debate.
Its best not to analize it.Isnt it supposed to be enjoyable, the pre run up, so to speak , and the actual event.
Were did the fun go?

I bet Spendi gets more than me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:43 am
You must have been a nun for the last fifty years . . .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Setanta wrote:

Who me?

I was contemplating being a nun when I was about 12, even started to read the Bible.
Thanfully I saw the error of my ways.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:53 am
Reply to fm's ridiculous question.

Obviously not.

I consider such activities the province of Darwinians,rabbits,chiclids and sparrows etc.

One can't possibly experience "getting laid" for much longer than a year or two. What I believe Americans refer to as "bundling" is another matter entirely.That is open ended and inspiring.

"I'm going to have to go to college
You are the book of knowledge
Rita May."

Rita May--Bob Dylan.(It's an out-take from the Desire album.)

Do you know any bored empresses?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:02 am
MG-

firefly did this stunning acronym on Sat last-

Quote:
ENNERVATED

Every novice nun enters religious VOCATION avidly, thereby evading damnation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 12:06 pm
material girl wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Who me?

I was contemplating being a nun when I was about 12, even started to read the Bible.

You stated that you were willing to bet Spendi "gets more" than you, which is why i asked if you'd been a nun for the last fifty years . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:33 pm
spendi
Quote:
I consider such activities the province of Darwinians,rabbits,chiclids and sparrows etc.

A cichlid, its a cichlid. Chiclids are teeny pieces of gum
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:08 pm
Sorry fm-

I meant those organisms you built a theory on once which demanded that we take them as a shining example or possibly even as a role model.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:23 am
Setanta wrote:
material girl wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Who me?

You stated that you were willing to bet Spendi "gets more" than you, which is why i asked if you'd been a nun for the last fifty years . . .

I may as well have been on for the last 4 years.
0 Replies