Dawkins TV Programme. "The Root of All Evil"

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:21 am
material girl wrote:

Dinosaurs exsit without religion...
This cannot be proven. All the dinosaurs I ever saw look like they just came out of church. And Spendy dont you dare try and tell me the dinosaurs died out because they lacked faith. [Unless it was faith in the harmless trajectory of that meteorite].
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
spendius wrote:
Maybe I failed to mature.Is it any good?

It is the source of the constant annoyance you provide this site. We all also heartily wish you would get laid and find a steady date, so we could be spared your other obsession.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:27 am
hephzibah wrote:
...God can be detected by certain properties and reactions..
Please give an example. Just one. Nothing big just one little teeny weeny scrap of evidence for the existance of God.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
fresco wrote:

Dawkins ended the second programme with a riposte to those theists who say "this can't be all there is"......Dawkins asks "How much more do you want ?" Any comments ?
This was an inspired comment by Dawkins, and one that is personally of great significance for me.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:44 am
Setanta wrote:
spendius wrote:

It is the source of the constant annoyance you provide this site. We all also heartily wish you would get laid and find a steady date, so we could be spared your other obsession.
roflmao
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:47 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
material girl wrote:

This cannot be proven. All the dinosaurs I ever saw look like they just came out of church. And Spendy dont you dare try and tell me the dinosaurs died out because they lacked faith. [Unless it was faith in the harmless trajectory of that meteorite].

If they did come out of church, look what it did to them, made them into bones!!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:48 am
Excellent posts thanks. Welcome to a2k DD stick around. Hope quality of debate continues...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:53 am
material girl wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
material girl wrote:

If they did come out of church, look what it did to them, made them into bones!!

'dem bones dem bones dem dry bones
dem bones them bones them DRY bones
NOW HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD
[/b]

QED
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:04 am
That was just a song listing the connections of the bones with the word Lord thrown in.
If I could do that would that make me God?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:09 am
material girl wrote:
That was just a song listing the connections of the bones with the word Lord thrown in.
If I could do that would that make me God?
ok yes. And I'll throw in a free sex change Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:11 am
Why a sex change, isnt God female?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:15 am
not according to my Holy Book. Wait a minute I'll check. Yes Yahweh is male...

uh oh, later addition shows ammendment. Damn you are right MG God pronounced officially female by Germane Greer, 1973. Sad profound apologies dont be too hard on me your Mightyness
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:17 am
In the Civil Rights era of the 60s, at the beginning of our space program, there was a joke about Alabama sending an astronaut to Heaven . . . the punchline, after he returs is:

Well, the first thing you need to know is, She's Black . . .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:21 am
Steve, sounds like your afraid of women.
Why wouldnt you want god to be female?

I dont like Germaine Greer btw.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
Steve posted-

Quote:
Setanta wrote:
spendius wrote:

roflmao

Yes.I permitted myself a snigger too Steve.Resistance analysis can be quite amusing.

The phrase "get laid" is a telling one.For those who don't understand the phrase it means the same as "getting the leg over" or "scoring" or "getting your end away".Even "a steady date" is made to sound like something I could buy in a shop and give her a "seeing to".Perhaps I ought to ask this man of wide experience which side of the notcher he recommends when I "dip my wick".

Perhaps we ought to all shut up except Setanta and those who tell him what he wishes to hear.It isn't a pretty sight to see sensitive persons being constantly annoyed.Maybe a collection is in order to provide funds for Setanta to purchase some more mirrors.

I know for a fact that the word "all" is incorrect in this instance.It only means all those who have no respect for women.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
Good one Set

I'm not afraid of women MG, should I be?

As for God being male or female, liberal conservative or scuba diver, this always puzzles me. There is not the slightest evidence for the existence of a Supreme Being. I can just about get my head round the concept if such SB is deemed a suitable respository for the ineffable grandeur of the Universe about which we know so little.

But to go on and say She's black and drives a Ford Mustang or like beefs not pork, detests other Gods and sleeps late on a Sunday is well ridiculous. People do this all the time, they not only talk nonsense about what they cannot possibly know, they go into great detail describing their deity's likes and dislikes.. As the good Prof said...barking.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
Setanta wrote-

Quote:
for the irony challenged, that was humour),

The irony detection equipment of this poster is sadly in need of a full service and a windscreen polish.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:01 am
Steve wrote-

Quote:
I'm not afraid of women MG, should I be?

Not with the tamed ones no.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:06 am
Spendius and Steve, Im totally lost, I cant work out whose being sarcastic or genuine.
Do either of you believe in God?

Spendius , you are right, not all of us agreed with the getting laid comment as it doesnt really solve anything in the long term.
But there are women who dont mind having sex, actually some quite like it so please dont feel that its always a bad thing.
Plus sadly I have had the misfortune of knowing some guys who couldnt give 2 hoots about respecting women, sadly they do exist.Luckily I make no effort to associate with them anymore.I have seen the light.

Just a question,are women to be seen as either the Virgin Mary or the whore mary Magdelene?
Is there an inbetween?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:08 am
did jesus kiss Magdelene on the mouth?
0 Replies