WHY IS EVERY THIRD THREAD ABOUT RELIGION?

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:40 pm
timberlandko wrote:
BTW, Intrepid, I don't much care one way or another what anyone's ideology, philosophy, or theology might be - that just doesn't enter into it from my perpective at all. I will take issue with any proposition, statement, assertion, allegation, or position which gives me cause for exception, and I make no secret of my own philosophic, ideologic, and/or theologic point of view. I do however take exception to inappropriate and/or invalid manner of expressing one's ideology, philosophy, or theology. I get sorta excersized about folks trying to foist off bad advice on computer-related stuff, too.

Or, in short, he's a contrary bastich.

:wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:42 pm
farmerman wrote:
It IS a bit festive innit?

Oh...my screen here has poor resolution.

I thought you were Jesus.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:45 pm
dlowan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
BTW, Intrepid, I don't much care one way or another what anyone's ideology, philosophy, or theology might be - that just doesn't enter into it from my perpective at all. I will take issue with any proposition, statement, assertion, allegation, or position which gives me cause for exception, and I make no secret of my own philosophic, ideologic, and/or theologic point of view. I do however take exception to inappropriate and/or invalid manner of expressing one's ideology, philosophy, or theology. I get sorta excersized about folks trying to foist off bad advice on computer-related stuff, too.

Thanks for the compliment
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:45 pm
I am m'lady, Im here to serve. Handsome devil too say? Least I dont look like I needs a bit of laxative.
Actually this is what I really look like.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:09 pm
Intrepid wrote:
dlowan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Thanks for the compliment

Er...I was speaking of Timber.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:18 pm
dlowan wrote:
farmerman wrote:
It IS a bit festive innit?

Oh...my screen here has poor resolution.

I thought you were Jesus.

He's not? hmmmmmm
how to break the news?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
You think he might get cross?

Heehee....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:46 pm
ok, ok, ok heres a trick, see them 2 loaves of bread? pick em up . keep pickin em up till I say stop.

waitll ya see what I can do with a box of sloes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:00 pm
Oh..I can see you better from work.

That hat looks like a crown of thorns at home...seriously.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:14 pm
perhaps its the TAngueray and tea weve been sipping
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:23 pm
We have been sipping no such thing.

It's MONDAY MORNING here.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:45 pm
Re: WHY IS EVERY THIRD THREAD ABOUT RELIGION?
farmerman wrote:
Why Is Every Third Thread About Religion?
Reason v. Faith et al.

Welcome to today Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:04 am
well, it seems my pole has surfaced some interesting results that I, the expert on statistics will interpret for you .

It appears that we have a 60/40 split, in which I have cleverly hidden some "trick" postings to ferret out the leanings of the masses on this issue.
Thos who voted for
"Let me tell you about his noodliness" were cleverly tricked into professing a degree of agnosticism but were out there, adrift, looking for some meabing in their lives. Hence, his "noodliness" could fill that space. These people, prime candidates for the Pastafarian movement that was started by some (no doubt) smartass kid in Bemidji Minn. who, having nothng to do until the ground once again appears in June, has invented yet another religion and saviour. So, if numbers mean anything, our scientifically constructed poll shows that in the entire world , Gods are losing space in the vast worldwide pantheon of stuff we used to believe in but no longer give a rats ass.

Interesting things , statistics.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
Oh, in case one of you who, "desires a more thorough understanding about how that 1% got lost" well, Ill have to refer you to Stegmans volume on "Statistics for Experimenters" He got paid to write all the fancy stuff.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
Being too lazy to search and sift through all 16 pages of this topic farmerman I have one question for you:

Why have you placed a thread topic on religion in the Internet forum? It was in part, because of it's placement here that I had not even seen it until today.

As to your poll, rest assured, I have seen no reason to vote in it...add that to your lopsided stats. (God told me not to vote here)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:25 am
Sturgis wrote:

Why have you placed a thread topic on religion in the Internet forum?

I don't know why farmerman did so. But if I had started this question I had done the same.

'Forum help' is A2K related, but not for such questions, I think. Well, 'General' would have been a possibility, but 'Internet' seems more specific.

Though farmerman might have had different ideas.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:28 am
Thank you for that Walter...makes it a little clearer for me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:40 am
See, youre all assuming that farmerman is capable of "ideas' and " abstract thought". What he did was post a new thread wherever he happened to be at the moment. Now I know that this will pissoff the retentives who like to have things in neat rows and acrotics . I however, dwell in the world of chaos and untied strings.

Actually, it was a , sort of, "cyber related question" and I did not want to load up the religion board further with questions that have no answers.

Sturgis, if you dont vote, you cant gripe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:42 am
farmerman wrote:
Sturgis, if you dont vote, you cant gripe.

Sure I can...it's the American way.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:47 am
Just to keep ya entertained, Your Saviorness, i thought i'd direct your attention to the "Let's discuss the Big Bang!" thread which has been added to the "I don't know squat about science" section of Spirituality & Religion--no doubt intended as a bookend to the "Evolution? How?" thread which has been tormenting members lo these many years . . .

How's the salvation business these days, Hey-Zeus?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:51:23