WHY IS EVERY THIRD THREAD ABOUT RELIGION?

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:05 am
your on a roll tonight - get the cards and chips
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
husker wrote:
Setanta wrote:
husker wrote:
trying to get a rise out of me with Hucksters -you are funny boss!

Don't let your ego run away with ya . . .

don't you ever worry about yours? :wink:

Naw, this is not a big part of my life--this site occupies a corner of my time which isn't important.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:07 am
Just have to ask does it make you fell better or bigger to play around with users name in a less than positive manner?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:08 am
not a big part of your life ok that made me laugh
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:09 am
hephzibah wrote:
Quote:
Now even Im posting about religion. Face it people, Im pretty sure that we made God up to keep us from freaking out at the concept of being alone with a finite life. The whole concept seems good enough for the Jews, so why cant the Christians of the A2k family just live a good life , keep their rules and SHUT UP.

Well Farmerman,

It could just as easily be said by the "christians", I'm pretty sure that people deny God because they don't want to take responsibility for the bad things they do. So by denying God's existence they are free to do whatever they wish with a clear conscience. So why can't the non-christians of A2K just live a good life, don't follow any rules, and shut up.

However, what's the point of that? If there were never any opposing opinions. There would never be anything to debate.

Aaaaaaarrrrrghhhhh.

There is a perfect example of why I am so pissed off that there is this flood of christians here.

I swear, the intelligent ones mostly shut up and get on with living damned good lives.

Where does one START to pull apart the "reason" in that post?

For christians like thses, BRING ON THE LIONS!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:11 am
husker wrote:
just read this one and enjoy please link

This is a prime example of the meaningless application of the so-called 80-20 rule. Symantec could statistically make just as good a case that 80% of security risks are prevented by the implementation of 10% of sound security procedures. People just like the 80-20 because it has a nice ring. There's nothing wrong with using 80-20 as a rule of thumb, but whenever anyone comes along trying to sell you something, and singing about "Pareto's principle," keep a firm grip on your wallet, and remember that Pareto only ever commented on land ownership in 19th century Italy.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:11 am
dlowan such prejudice Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:12 am
hephzibah wrote:
I find it interesting that farmerman started this thread, however we have yet to see any imput from him on this topic. Are we then to assume that farmerman is one who likes to stir up the pot and then sit back and watch it boil?

Take it from me, hephzibah, farmerman can hold is ground in any argument he chooses to be involved in here. He is a much-loved, well respected & extremely knowledgable member of this community. If he hasn't responded to your concerns possibly he's involved in much more important things right now. If he wants to respond, he will.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:13 am
husker wrote:
Just have to ask does it make you fell better or bigger to play around with users name in a less than positive manner?

Why don't you ask Intrepid if that's the way he feels when he compares my name to Satan, or suggests that i am in league with Satan.

You got a big double-standard goin' there, Husker, and you sound like a kid on the playground, just like he does when he gets his panties in a twist.
0 Replies

husker

Setanta wrote:
husker wrote:
just read this one and enjoy please link

This is a prime example of the meaningless application of the so-called 80-20 rule. Symantec could statistically make just as good a case that 80% of security risks are prevented by the implementation of 10% of sound security procedures. People just like the 80-20 because it has a nice ring. There's nothing wrong with using 80-20 as a rule of thumb, but whenever anyone comes along trying to sell you something, and singing about "Pareto's principle," keep a firm grip on your wallet, and remember that Pareto only ever commented on land ownership in 19th century Italy.

your now taking me to seriously - I'm pulling your ....... now Laughing
0 Replies

Treya

dlowan:

hephzibah wrote:
roger wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Quote:
Now even Im posting about religion. Face it people, Im pretty sure that we made God up to keep us from freaking out at the concept of being alone with a finite life. The whole concept seems good enough for the Jews, so why cant the Christians of the A2k family just live a good life , keep their rules and SHUT UP.

Well Farmerman,

It could just as easily be said by the "christians", I'm pretty sure that people deny God because they don't want to take responsibility for the bad things they do. So by denying God's existence they are free to do whatever they wish with a clear conscience. So why can't the non-christians of A2K just live a good life, don't follow any rules, and shut up.

However, what's the point of that? If there were never any opposing opinions. There would never be anything to debate.

You're quite wrong, you know. We atheists are exactly who must, and do, take responsibility for the things we do - both bad, and good. The devil didn't make us do anything, God didn't tell us anything was okay to do, and nobody's standing around expecting to be forgiven because we subscribe to certain beliefs.

oh no no Roger. I was not implying that is what I actually think. Or even that that is what christians in general think. I was making an opposite statement of equal offensiveness, to what farmerman said just to make a point.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:14 am
husker wrote:
not a big part of your life ok that made me laugh

Most of my posts have been made from work, or late at night when i tire of the video games. A lot of them are quickies like this. Believe what you like, Husker, it is immaterial to me . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:15 am
husker wrote:
dlowan such prejudice Rolling Eyes

Yes.

I am prejudiced against idiots of any, and no, faiths.

But, it seems I am hoist on a own goal petard, since it seems Hepzibah's post was attempted satire.

I have as yet to judge the quality of that satire, but I accept I misread the intent.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:16 am
Setanta wrote:
husker wrote:

Why don't you ask Intrepid if that's the way he feels when he compares my name to Satan, or suggests that i am in league with Satan.

You got a big double-standard goin' there, Husker, and you sound like a kid on the playground, just like he does when he gets his panties in a twist.

I still reserve the right to call you Boss - and that's a name you gave me to use many moon ago.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Setanta wrote:
Quote:
To know that, you'd first be obliged to "better" me--i'll await that day, and see what you have to contend then. You do quite a lot of name calling yourself, and have your occasional hissy fits about just how rotten America is--you're hilarious.

Just where have I said that America is rotten? The burden of proof is upon you to prove that deliberate lie.

Setanta wrote:
Quote:
People who lash out at me get it back in spades, go weep to your wife, i'm not interested. You get from me what you deserve based upon the snotty attitude you've taken since the "faith healing" thread when you came in here with a chip on your shoulder as big as your head--oh, wait, maybe that was your head. You hate America, and i suspect you hate Americans--so your venom does not surprise me.

Aw, the truth comes out to explain your schoolyard behaviour. However, I have never lashed out at you. You are just sensitive to the fact that I won't sit back and take your crap like some others may do.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about regarding a faith healing thread. It is possible that I was in such a thread, but I certainly do not recall it. I do know that, if I was there, it was not with a chip on my shoulder.

You are getting into slanderous statements by saying that I hate America and Americans. Perhaps this should be reported.

I can tell by your last few pages of jibber that you are trying to take the discussion away from the topic that you failed to prove.

I won't even bother replying to the rest of your rant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Miss Eppie, Roger realized that and apologized . . . personally, i didn't realize it till he had done so . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
Setanta wrote:
husker wrote:

There you go with your lies again, Setanta. I have never compared your name to ANYTHING.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
msolga wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
I find it interesting that farmerman started this thread, however we have yet to see any imput from him on this topic. Are we then to assume that farmerman is one who likes to stir up the pot and then sit back and watch it boil?

Take it from me, hephzibah, farmerman can hold is ground in any argument he chooses to be involved in here. He is a much-loved, well respected & extremely knowledgable member of this community. If he hasn't responded to your concerns possibly he's involved in much more important things right now. If he wants to respond, he will.

That's good to know msolga. I'm not really worried about him responding to be honest. I was just curious why someone would start something like this and not even stick around to finish it. And I also find it interesting that you are here speaking on his behalf. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... I suppose. But I want to make it clear that my previous statement was in no way meant to imply that I thought: he couldn't hold is ground in any argument he chooses to be involved in here. Or that he isn't a much-loved, well respected & extremely knowledgable member of this community.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:19 am
Report it then, Intrepid--how about the faith/superstition thread, when you started foaming at the mouth about how many civilians America has bombed, something which had no earthly relation to the topic? You frequently tell people things to the effect of America is not the only country in the world, you know.

You've got a big chip on your shoulder, and i've seen it since you first came here.

I have nothing to prove--you do, and you've proven nothing. This is a prime example, however, of how your like to divert discussion when you've shot off your mouth and get cornered.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:22 am
Boys, let's play nice, ok? I hate to see anyone get into an argument. Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 10:34:18