Take two of these and call me in the morning...

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:06 am
No matter how much I go out partying, drinking, and getting 4-5 hours a sleep a night, this damn cold still won't go away.

What gives?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,780 • Replies: 15
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:08 am
Aw, Slappy's sick. I am too. Sozlet is too. It couldn't have anything with the freaking yo-yo thermometer, do ya think? Evil or Very Mad 90 to 40 in 2 days has gotta do something to your immune system.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:19 am
You've gotta smoke, slappy. Lotsa ganja and unfiltered Turkish cigarettes. The depressed immune system will lull the cold into a false sense of security, and the tar will sweep it, sleeping, out of your lungs.

It never fails, my friend.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:28 am
Maybe vitamin deficiency? Whenever I get the sniffles I switch to drinking screwdrivers and madrases for the extra vitamin C. Unless those seems too girlie , then there's always Red Death.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:31 am
Touche, sugar. I needs mo' vitamins in my booze.

No smoking for me.

Except crack.

I figure if you're going to smoke, do it up right.

Actually, my coworker just offered to smoke weed with him right now. Strict place I work at.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:16 am
I've been remarkably healthy this winter (knock on wood). Last winter nearly did me in. Hmmmm.... what's different this winter? I'm not dating anyone. Maybe dating makes you sick.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:26 am
But, 'k, Slappy and Sozobe's carrier monkey are both sick. The dating thing doesn't make any sense.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:30 am
Maybe it's just me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:59 am
Wow, Slappy. That old corona virus, huh. what you're experiencing could be an allergy. Better see the Rhino man. Smile

Little K. You probably have never heard of the "kissing disease" have you. May be that's why you're so healthy. Smile

I've been amazingly well, considering the fact that I smoke. May have helped my immune system.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:01 am
Smoking helps your immune system? Well, that's news to me. I will tell BigDice - I'm sure he agrees, Letty :-)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:02 am
check this out. Shocked

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/8929/cures.html

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe our parents/grandparents had the right idea.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:13 am
urs, Laughing . Here's a better idea. Who gets sick more often, you or bigdice?

Speaking of which, my niece has a "sick" sense of humor. Told my sister, who had worked so hard to get her PhD, "I can visualize it all. The moment that the sheepskin is in hand, somebody will get run over by a train." It would be my luck to quit the tobacco and develop some rare and nameless disease. Of course, the docs would just blame it on smoking. Smile
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:16 am
slappy, i first read your post as "praying and drinking"- maybe that's the solution; a little prayer with all your other activities. it certainly will make you a better American.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:41 am
Hm, Letty, I have to think. Well, it's about the same, I would say. That won't convince him (or you, for that matter) to stop smoking, right?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 01:07 pm
Crying or Very sad Afraid you are right, my friend.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 05:42 pm
Gala wrote:
slappy, i first read your post as "praying and drinking"- maybe that's the solution; a little prayer with all your other activities. it certainly will make you a better American.

Praying=American?

Uh, anway...I sure did my best to fight my cold last night...I think it's pretty much kicked. Drunk
0 Replies