youngthinker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:24 pm
Yes, name calling is bad. Anyway, I think it is quite obvious to even you Momma Angel that God did not create the Earth in seven days.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
Husker,

I think John Creasy was pointing out something in edgar's post. I believe the rolling eyes might have meant, oh boy, here we go again with that concerning what edgar said. :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
young_thinker wrote:
Yes, name calling is bad. Anyway, I think it is quite obvious to even you Momma Angel that God did not create the Earth in seven days.

What is seven days in God's time?
0 Replies

youngthinker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:30 pm
oh, hmm. Please clarify
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:30 pm
I can see the so called Christians here slavering like hungry wolves.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
Actually young_thinker, it is NOT quite obvious to me God did not create the Earth in seven days.

I believe with God ALL things are possible.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I can see the so called Christians here slavering like hungry worlves.

Thanks for the welcome, Edgar. Let me see.... Atheist visit Christian forum - OK Christian visit atheist forum - Not allowed Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

youngthinker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:33 pm
Speaking of hungry, I gotta cut. I'll check back on this thread later tommorow and reply. Thanks edgar for helping me out.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:34 pm
young_thinker wrote:
oh, hmm. Please clarify

Welcome to A2k young-thinker

I am just commenting that we think of 7 days as the 7 days that we know. God does not use a Timex. We do not know exactly how time works for God. Men do not live to 800 or 900 years of age now as they did in the bible either.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:36 pm
And I'm not swapping spit with anyone, edgar! :wink:
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:38 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I can see the so called Christians here slavering like hungry wolves.

Another substantive post from EB. I admire your consistency, EB. A man we can count on.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm
I have an idea it's ok for a couple people to spread the paint widely and others not.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:55 pm
I personally cannot think of any life easier than one where I was not accountable to God...died and ceased to exist.

The atheist belief/non-belief takes strength? Why?

According to my beliefs everyone will give account for every idle word and every moment of life before almighty God. If such a belief is for the weak....what is for the strong?

Anyone who can explain this would be greatly appreciated and taken seriously on the matter.
0 Replies

youngthinker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:55 pm
I don't even know what were talking about anymore.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:59 pm
we're talking about being called names and give labels
0 Replies

youngthinker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:00 pm
Responding to Bartikus:

If they weak take power from God, the strong must take their power from somewhere too. I believe the strong are born with an ability to lead their lives without God. We don't need that motivation.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:01 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
young thinker
Good for you. Age has little to nothing to do with it. Either you believe there's a G(g)od or you don't. There is no plausible excuse to be religious, except if you are too weak to face life on your own terms.

Which beliefs or religions are you referring to here edgar? I'm not familiar with any of them.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:03 pm
young_thinker wrote:
Responding to Bartikus:

If they weak take power from God, the strong must take their power from somewhere too. I believe the strong are born with an ability to lead their lives without God. We don't need that motivation.

Some may say that it is the other way around. Belief in God is not a motivation to rise up from weakness. Belief in God is reinforces the strength of spirit that is within us.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:05 pm
young_thinker wrote:
Responding to Bartikus:

You mean it takes strength to find motivations outside of God?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:06 pm
young_thinker Wrote:
Responding to Bartikus:

Quote:

That sounds kind of contradictory. The strong must take their power from somewhere too? But the strong are born with an ability to live their lives without God? Can you elaborate?
0 Replies