Your opinion is important!

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 03:47 am
We are a group of students working on our dissertation; in which we are creating a F&B concept for an educative/ informative theme park which will be build in the Netherlands. The visitor has the opportunity to travel within one hour through the human body and experience how the body is functioning and reacting to daily healthy and unhealthy habits.

In several ways we are retrieving opinions, and we would like to ask you:

What would you implement in the Food and Beverage outlets to match and strengthen the theme parks experience?

Your contribution to our dissertation would be appreciated and we would like to thank you in advance!

3rd year students of the International Hospitality Management School in the Netherlands
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 739 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:06 am
You're asking American and British people to give advice on food?

If I were you, I would wait for someone called Francis to come along and tell you how to do it properly.

(He's French)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:34 am
Ellpus, Before I knew what A2K actually was I was running around giving all thes people advice. Then I asked myself "why do all these people come here asking for advice?'. Then I found out A2K is named so because it presents itself on the internet as a place where people can come to get advice from exports and professionals.

Right away I went to the person who introduced me too A2K and said "Why didn't you tell me what A2K was Iv'e been running around giving people advice on all kinds of sh!t and I'm not a profesional or export or anything." but I think after our post the'll start to figure that out.

This thread Is a perfect example of this misunderstanding.
0 Replies

Dissertation

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:36 am
Everyone is invited to give an opinion!

It is important to have an international view on this, because this will be a unique project, which will attract guests from all nationalities.

No opinion is wrong!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:47 am
I can see why you would seek advice on this one. It's a tuff one and you are seeking an idea not information and ideas are hard to come by

If I come by the people here that are knowledgable in this area I will direct them here.

Good luck and good work.
0 Replies

Dissertation

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:53 am
Thank you for your help, may I ask your profession?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:59 am
It's a trade. Industrial Epoxy installation.

Read my profile.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:17 am
Dissertation- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

The answer to me seems rather obvious. Avoid fast foods. Concentrate on "healthy" stuff, such as salads, veggies and fruit juices. Wraps are a good item that people can walk with.

Serve "smoothies" with added good stuff, such as wheat germ and/or protein powder. Instead of hamburgers, serve "veggie burgers", and turkey hot dogs. Serve the "bugers" on whole grain buns. If you need to serve soda, only use "diet" versions that don't contain sugar.

The important thing is the presentation. The eating areas should be colorful, and the walls and menu should have cute pictures describing the benefits of healthy eating. You might want to give patrons a handout describing vitamins, minerals and herbs, and how that they affect the body. But do it in a fun way, not too deadly serious.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:18 am
After seeing something like what a hamburger does to the colon, or a fried onion does to the arteries, I'd want something healthy.

I'd want foods that are healthy, maybe some interesting tofu dishes, fruit salads, greens. I'm not a culinary expert, just a former events planner, so I would also take into consideration if it could be eaten by hand, doesn't require lots of napkins, and appeals to children as well as adults.

If the park can be traversed in an hour, you likely wouldn't have people hanging around all day, so I would think keeping it simple and fun / original would be important.

I don't have any specific food items in mind at this moment, but will give it some more thought.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:30 am
Maybe you could have examples of how the food would break down in your body as you went through your day at the amusement park.

If you have a coke and a hamburger the surger and caffeine will give an energy spike but let you down and maybe even depressed before your day is over and the hamburger would.....etc,etc.

Then have the healthy food comparison and let them decide based on what they want to get out of there day (life) based on the food choices they make.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:40 am
I think it might be a good idea to show the effects of a 'good' and a 'bad' diet on the major organs and functions which are affected by ones diet.

So, maybe two 'murals' along a walkway, with the 'good sytem' shown above the 'bad system'.

Your biggest problem, based on reports in National papers over the last five years, is knowing which expert sources of information represents the truth about good and bad.
Don't forget to quote your sources and be prepared to change your display at least every three months in at least one area.
Good luck; I think your project is well worthwhile and worth a thousand words.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:49 pm
If it's theme park and the visitors are going from one area to another, getting information at 'centers' or 'booth-type' areas that explain or show (for example):

The effects of a hamburger on the colon - v- the effects of a bunless veggie burger and small salad

then immediately beside this booth I would have a vendor selling small portions of veggie burgers and small tubs of salads.

On to another area that is giving information on the liver damage of sugar laden sodas -v- the more natural varieties of juices. Have a vendor right there selling cups of various juices.

On and on, each booth or center showing whatever they are showing, has a small vendor right by it, selling the good/healthy foods in small portions for a reasonable charge. People are more likely to want to taste something they have just heard about, and the little portions spaced over a one hour period would not overfill them and they would not be ravenous and try to speed through the park to get something to eat at the end of it. Besides, if you have a lunch center or just one place for people to eat, they may be more inclined to wait until after the hour and then leave and eat somewhere else.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:02 pm
I would have tiny, choked, clogged, dirty leading to junk food and spacius, open and elegant, throughfares leading to healthy foods.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:02 pm
Fried Twinkies, Macaroni and Cheese on a stick, Jell-o, Ham Salad, pink products are always a winner...make it American food, because America is the world leader in everything.
0 Replies