Robertson Links Sharon Stroke, God's Wrath

yitwail

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
jespah (and husker) i have to call it a night, but since trees & menorahs were mentioned, what would xmas be without Irving Berlin's White Christmas or Mel Torme's Christmas Song? (not to mention Barbra Streisand and Kenny G's xmas albums, although i can do without Mr. G)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:30 am
RR?

G'night, yitwail, once again, people unite in their less than love of Kenny G. Gives me hope for mankind.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:34 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Joe,

I'm in your corner most all of the time, but this isn't one of them. It's been pointed out here that being Jewish means being of a certain race. Yes, it definitely can be a faith, but it is always a race. A person of another race can be a Christian, a Muslim, or a Jew in terms of faith. He can never belong to the Jewish race if he wasn't born as a member of the Jewish race.

That got wordy, but I think you should get it!

Anon

The entire concept of "race" is of dubious value at best; when applied to religious belief it is positively nonsensical. If "a person of another race can be a ... Jew in terms of faith," but can "never belong to the Jewish race if he wasn't born as a member of the Jewish race," then you're saying that ther are Jews (adherents to Judaism) out there who aren't Jews (members of the Jewish race). And, conversely, there are Jews (members of the Jewish race) out there who aren't Jews (adherents to the Jewish faith). The fact that, according to you, there can be two different types of "non-Jewish Jews" should call into question the very notion of "Jewishness."

I am obviously fricking confused about it! I'll sit back and learn from this point !

Anon
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:26 am
http://www.cagle.com/working/060106/keefe.gif
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:42 pm
One of the more frightening aspects of this guy is that he comes up with these radical statements and positions, yet his faithful remain so!

Anon
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 05:27 am
Yep, that's why the absence of religion from government is so important, blind faith.

Onward Christian Soldiers.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 08:53 pm
New Orleans Mayor Says God Mad at U.S.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/01/16/national/a135144S26.DTL

Yet another religious whacko! The religious nutcases are coming out of the woodwork!!

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:08 pm
Aw, give the guy a break. He is probably just trying to save his job since he botched things up during the hurricane.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:09 pm
Moron ... He deserves to get canned! Too bad rotten leadership isn't punishable with jail time!!

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:12 pm
Canada and the U.S. would both be without leadership
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Anon,

Is he a moron because of what he said or because of what he did?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:15 pm
Arrrrggghhh! You're not kidding, at least in our case!

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:15 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Arrrrggghhh! You're not kidding, at least in our case!

Anon

Perhaps you are right. We ain't doin so bad after all Laughing
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:17 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

Is he a moron because of what he said or because of what he did?

Yes!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
Anon,

I am assuming you mean both. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:53 pm
He's just pandering to his base.
0 Replies