Robertson Links Sharon Stroke, God's Wrath

Diane

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:25 pm
Yitwail, in the email from the Robertson organization, was there a space for making a donation? Did they mention that Pat might die if he doesn't receive $6,000,000.00 in one week?

There is always an opportunity for money making regardless of the "unfortunate" faux pas.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:48 pm
Hey Diane,

Boy, I remember when he did that. I couldn't believe it. Such a blatant misuse of God's word.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
Wait.... How are jews condemned if they don't accept christ if they do believe in god? :p
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
It's not enough in Christianity to just believe in God. One needs to accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died on the cross to save us from our sins.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:04 pm
Christianity is the same as Islam in that it thinks it is "THE" answer!! Unfortuantely, none of them can agree EXACTLY on what the rules are!!

The rest of those who aren't ... "put name of your superstition or dogma here" ... you are doomed to damnation!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:07 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Christianity is the same as Islam in that it thinks it is "THE" answer!! Unfortuantely, none of them can agree EXACTLY on what the rules are!!

The rest of those who aren't ... "put name of your superstition or dogma here" ... you are doomed to damnation!

Anon

Sorry Anon-Voter, but I don't recall ever telling anyone they are going to hell because they do not believe what I believe. That is not my call to make. That is up to God and God alone.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
But they are accepting god!!!! Twisted Evil

Won't somebody please think of the children?!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:24 pm
astromouse wrote:
But they are accepting god!!!! Twisted Evil

Won't somebody please think of the children?!!

Hey, I didn't make up the rules! I'm just answering a question with what I understand the answer to be.

You do realize, of course, even Satan believes in God, right? :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
It's not enough in Christianity to just believe in God. One needs to accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died on the cross to save us from our sins.

What does this quote mean?? If you don't accept "Jesus" ..., then what happens Momma??

Anon
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
Satan does not exist , neither does god it's all a tale to keep the gullible pacified.

Sources:
The tooth Fairy
Greek gods.
Egyptian gods.
Santa claus.
The easter Bunny.

oh , and by the way:

Hail Santa!!
Truly yours:
Astromouse ,teh dyslexik santanist Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:45 pm
Anon-Voter,

Well, the best thing would be for you to read the Bible and decide that on your own, don't you think?

It seems that non-believers only want answers from Christians when THEY want the answer they seem to think they already have. Seems like the only time our words are given any credence is when you try to get us to say what you want us to say. Sorry, I don't condemn. I don't get to decide who goes where.

That choice is in my hands for me only. That choice for you is in your hands for you only.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:11 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter,

Well, the best thing would be for you to read the Bible and decide that on your own, don't you think?

It seems that non-believers only want answers from Christians when THEY want the answer they seem to think they already have. Seems like the only time our words are given any credence is when you try to get us to say what you want us to say. Sorry, I don't condemn. I don't get to decide who goes where.

That choice is in my hands for me only. That choice for you is in your hands for you only.

I've already determined it is Bullshit!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:12 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter,

I've already determined it is Bullshit!

Anon

Ok, then why are you asking me any questions about it if you have your mind made up?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:14 pm
Diane wrote:
Yitwail, in the email from the Robertson organization, was there a space for making a donation? Did they mention that Pat might die if he doesn't receive $6,000,000.00 in one week?

There is always an opportunity for money making regardless of the "unfortunate" faux pas.

nope, they left that out. by the way, i'm pretty sure it was Oral Roberts who was going to meet his Maker if he couldn't raise a certain sum. Pat does alright selling diet products among other things.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:14 pm
Momma Angel, can you explain this....

http://www.rstolley.org/Bush_files/bushdevilshadow.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:15 pm
yitwail,

You are right. It was Oral Roberts. Thanx!
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:18 pm
MA, you're welcome. i've sort of found entertainment in TV evangelists for a while. not nice, i know, but it was back in the days before "reality TV." there was one rather obscure preacher i really got a kick out of, Dr. Gene Scott, but he passed on a few years ago. he was a little too outspoken to become a household name, or maybe he was just ahead of his time.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:20 pm
Momma, have you ever gone back and read throught your comments and responses? You're hilarious!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:22 pm
I'm with you there, yitwail. There are many that I don't agree with what they do and then there are some I hate to miss.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:23 pm
yitwail wrote:
MA, you're welcome. i've sort of found entertainment in TV evangelists for a while. not nice, i know, but it was back in the days before "reality TV." there was one rather obscure preacher i really got a kick out of, Dr. Gene Scott, but he passed on a few years ago. he was a little too outspoken to become a household name, or maybe he was just ahead of his time.

Gene Scott died?? That's hilarious, he is still being broadcasted to this day. I thought he was still alive. That was one major cracked cookie!!

Anon
0 Replies