REAL MEN, REAL WOMEN

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 03:25 am
Tucked back in our minds, there may be a checklist for the the REAL MAN or the REAL WOMAN. In fact, we may have already identified some. In all probability, individuals the rest of us may never see on the news, TV, movie screen or in the printed media. On the other hand, there may be a few of which we have common knowledge. I was hoping you would be willing to name one or two. For example, I've read JOHN WAYNE was pretty much what you saw on the screen, strong, forceful, loyal, someone you would want in your corner. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,610 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 08:38 am
Real man: Emmanuel Lewis.

Real woman: Nicole Bass.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 08:51 am
Which one is the man, Venus or Serena?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:50 am
Neither. They're two very strong and beautiful women who could probably kick your butt. Mad
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:53 am
i'll go with you for venus, but serena is an arrogant jackass who doesn't know when to shut her mouth... and who could definitely kick my butt.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:57 am
Did I miss something? How is Serena an arrogant jackass? What has she said or done?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:13 am
Hmmm....

Susan Sarandon (don't know much about her personally, but she sure does chose some great roles)

Wait, I'm having some confusion about ML's definition of "REAL" men and women. What do you mean 'real'?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:28 am
'scuse me, that was a little strong, maybe. but you ever watch her get interviewed after a match? never gives another player any credit in defeat, complains of physical ailments when she loses, fakes injuries during long matches so she can get a trainer break (a MAJOR breach of tennis etiquette and a violation of the rules)...

and don't even get me started on shaq...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:29 am
...and she could kick my butt.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:36 am
Shaq could, too.

Emmanuel Lewis, too.

------------> zoom----------->
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:47 am
fair enough. sorry i spit on the virtual floor, eoe. i let a bit of my "real self" onto the screen there...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:51 am
Just a bit. Nobody can see through who you really are though:

A Thai she-male prostitute.

But I'll keep that our "little secret."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:52 am
patiodog wrote:
fair enough. sorry i spit on the virtual floor, eoe. i let a bit of my "real self" onto the screen there...

Um, can someone hand me a towel.....?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:11 pm
thanks, slap, but i'm actually from laos.

(oops!)
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
Quote:
Wait, I'm having some confusion about ML's definition of "REAL" men and women. What do you mean 'real'?
You need to provide your own definition. Whom do you respect as a woman?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:26 pm
Ok then. I have a huge respect for Madonna for acheiving the life she has. I wouldn't really want to live it, but what a business woman! What I know of Susan Sarandon, which isn't much, I respect. Lucinda Williams I respect for making music her own way for decades. And, closer to home, I respect sozobe for taking time off from her career to have a child who she focuses on devotedly. Not enough women today do that, not in my world anyway.

As for men, I have a great appreciation for Paul Newman's food stuffs. I like that the food is healthy and that some proceeds go to worthy causes. He seems like a likeable person as well as far as I can tell. And he's cute (or was cute). I like Harrison Ford's strong masculin character. I respect my dad for his come-back from heart disease. He nipped it in the bud and changed his life so thoroughly that he is healthier now (62) than he's been since he was in his 20s.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:28 pm
But, now I think: hmmm, who do I respect as a woman and as a man....? These people I listed above aren't neccessarily respectable for what they do/who they are in the narrow focus of their gender. Ya know? They're just remarkable people in my eyes. So, I still think I may be missing your train of thought, ML.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:07 pm
Wow, littlek, thanks! That's a day-maker, especially since this day has been spent with a clingy little sick monkey who won't even nap for more than 20 minutes on her own.

Seriously, that means a lot to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:10 pm
Well, it's good to know that there are moms like you out there. Out of all the moms I know, only a couple inspire such respect from me. Good on ya, Soz.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
<beaming>

<realizing littlek doesn't see me when I'm being an un-perfect mom>

<beaming anyway>
0 Replies