should I expect a period?

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:05 am
You guys must think I have more problems...haha. Well, I have another question for you guys since you offer such good insight Smile

I have been taking Trisprintec for about 6 months...occasionally I have had spotting, and generally I do not think the pill is a great "fit." This month, I skipped my first pill in the second row (on Sunday 12/11). Instead of taking it as soon as I remembered, I simply skipped it (a big no-no in BC taking, I now know). I began having dark spotting on the 21st, and in a few days began having heavy bleeding (breakthrough bleeding, I'm assuming). I continued taking my pills, hoping the bleeding would go away. Now I am on my sugar pills (I started them this Sunday), and I still have not gotten my period! First, I am wondering if my breakthrough bleeding I experience about a week and a half ago was my period for this month, or should I be expecting my period again this week, since this would be the correct week for me to get it? I doubt that I am pregnant since I had such heavy bleeding a week and a half ago, my boyfriend and I always use condoms and the pill. So, am I overreacting for being worried that I have not gotten my period this week? When should I expect it? Should I start a new pack on Sunday even if I do not get my period this week?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 885 • Replies: 8
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:07 am
It sounds ("I'm not a doctor!!!" disclaimer) like you just had your period so by definition you won't be getting it again so soon.

What does your package insert say about all of this?

I'd suggest that you talk to your doctor about it if just to be on the safe side.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:08 am
My guess would be about 3 days, 12 hours, and 17 minutes.

But you might want to wait for Slappy Doo Hoo to come along. He's the A2K expert in these matters.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:12 am
Keep taking the pill as you should, it may take a while to get back in line.
If you dont take it properly you cant expect it to work well.

I get spotting occasionally too but i ve found thats due to the large amount of headache tablets i took which were effecting things.I cut down on the head tablets and hadly any spotting.

WHat are sugar pills?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:15 am
The ones that don't have any active incredients but you take for a week just to stay in the habit of taking a pill every day. (As in, a 28-day/ 4-week cycle of pills will have three weeks of pills containing hormones and then one week of pills that are the equivalent of nothing. Your period comes after you've been taking the nothing-pills for a bit.)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
Oh, so you missed a pill once youd been taking them for a few days.
It wouldnt surprise me if it caused a 'hiccup' in your cycle.

Have you ever spotted before?
Have you ever forgotten to take the tablet before?

Personnaly I wouldnt worry for one month, if it happens again next month maybe go to a doctor if your worried.
Try to put yuor pill in an obvious place so you wont forget to take it.
I take mine in the morning so I put it near my make up.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
Christ, did i take mine this morning....youve got me thinking now!!!
0 Replies

Amanda2113

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:39 am
Haha, sorry! Boy I hate spazzing over this stuff...but you sit at work, and things begin to cross your mind...I totally understand! Well, I guess I'll hope for a period in the next day or so, and if I don't get one assume that the breakthrough bleeding was my period for the month and just start a new pack on Sunday and see how next month goes! Wish me luck!
0 Replies

Amanda2113

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:02 pm
GOT IT!
0 Replies