Missed one pill, now I'm all messed up!!! Please Read...

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:30 am
I just read the other post labeled, "could I be pregnant", and my question is somewhat similar...but I am more concerned about some breakthrough bleeding.

I have been taking Trisprintec for about 6 months...occasionally I have had spotting, and generally I do not think the pill is a great "fit." This month, I skipped my first pill in the second row (on Sunday 12/11). Instead of taking it as soon as I remembered, I simply skipped it (a big no-no in BC taking, I now know). I began having dark spotting on the 21st, and in a few days began having heavy bleeding (breakthrough bleeding, I'm assuming). I continued taking my pills, hoping the bleeding would go away. Now I am on my sugar pills (I started them this Sunday), and I still have not gotten my period! First, I am wondering if my breakthrough bleeding I experience about a week and a half ago was my period for this month, or should I be expecting my period again this week, since this would be the correct week for me to get it? I doubt that I am pregnant since I had such heavy bleeding a week and a half ago, my boyfriend and I always use condoms and the pill. So, am I overreacting for being worried that I have not gotten my period this week? When should I expect it? Should I start a new pack on Sunday even if I do not get my period this week?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 696 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JPB

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:50 am
I think you should call whoever prescribed the pills and tell them exactly what you've posted here. I experienced similar breakthrough bleeding and similar lack of regular period - there's only so much lining to expel. The Dr or clinic will probably tell you to begin your next pack as scheduled and to see how it goes next month, but you should hear it from them and not take my word for it.
0 Replies