Is it possible?

Roarcat

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:47 pm
Is it possible to spend the rest of your life with the man you met in freshman year..... in high school even, but the love we feel.... it is just amazing. We saved eachothers lives... changed eachother. If we wouldnt have met eachother we would both have committed suicide. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. We know eachother better than we know ourselves. Is it possible for us to be together for the rest of our lives? Its been bothering me for so long. I know those high school relationships end faster than a finger snap, and I know the end is enivitable.... but is it really? Can it happen? I know there is no answer for this, but i geuss i needed to voice my worries.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 356 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
Anything's possible.

Okay, that was a flip answer, but my sophomore year roommate (from college) married her High School sweetheart. So far as I'm aware, they are still together, and we've all been college grads for -- gulp -- 22 1/2 years.

My in-laws met in High School (they both played the bassoon). They passed their 50th wedding anniversary last year.

So yes, it can happen.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:05 pm
Maybe.

Maybe not.

Act with love and trust....but don't beat a dead horse just because you're afraid of being without a steady.

Each lover in a high school romance is growing. You can grow together or grow apart. You won't know the future until you get there.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:28 pm
How long have you been together? Are you a senior in high school asking if this will last?

Why are you attributing your "saving of self" on each other? No one can save you but yourself. You can support someone else in their quest for self but you can't save them. This alone is an unhealthy obsession with another person and the power you are giving and taking from them. Putting that kind of pressure on someone makes it inevitable that someday they will realize that they can't do what you want them to do and things will change before you know it.

I think that love can last if it's real and if both people are willing to accept that love isn't perfect. It isn't always the way we want it or envisioned it but that doesn't mean it isn't good.

I was watching a movie the other day and cheesy as this line was, I believe it to be true. We marry someone so that they can be a witness to our life. We as individuals can go our entire lives without being famous or known and all the things we do mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. But when you marry, you say that you will be a witness to another persons life. The good, the bad, the boring. I think that this committment and knowing that someone is there to see our acomplishments and help up over our hurdles while we make the promise to see our spouses acomplishments and help them over their hurdles is what makes love work. The willingness to make another person important in the world. At least to one person.

Hopeless romantic here, can you tell?
0 Replies