why ten commandments

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
nick17 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I told you Christian does not mean doormat, nor does it mean stupid.

You must be quite proud of that sentence. You use it a lot lately.

I think you have good reason to be proud of it Momma Angel. It's Great!

I hate it when people treat me like i'm stupid just because I have believe in God and am a Christan

I know nick17. The thing I dislike about it the most is they won't admit to it, when it is obvious. But, that's something they will have to deal with when they face the Lord.

All we can really do is pray for them. But, if they think they can run me off, HA! I have the greatest weapon of all, The Love of the Lord Jesus Christ!

And Mesquite, you will probably see me use it a lot more often too!
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:31 pm
Jesus wrote:
Blessed are you when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:

Be glad and rejoice for your reward is very great in heaven

Matthew 5:11-12
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:38 pm
nick17 wrote:
Jesus wrote:
Blessed are you when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:

Be glad and rejoice for your reward is very great in heaven

Matthew 5:11-12

Amen nick17!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:45 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing That was hilarious!

But of course, ruined by those who can't take a joke. I am a good person, believe in God and do my darndest to be a decent human being in every respect and I laughed my butt off. I am not an athiest. I am not part of the God Squad. And I thought it was great.

What does that make me?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing That was hilarious!

But of course, ruined by those who can't take a joke. I am a good person, believe in God and do my darndest to be a decent human being in every respect and I laughed my butt off. I am not an athiest. I am not part of the God Squad. And I thought it was great.

What does that make me?

What was hilarious Question Man, I am like working on half a brain today or something :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:50 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

What was hilarious Question Man, I am like working on half a brain today or something :wink:

The original post. I guess I should have been a little more clear. Sorry.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:35 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
nick17 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

I hate it when people treat me like i'm stupid just because I have believe in God and am a Christan

I know nick17. The thing I dislike about it the most is they won't admit to it, when it is obvious. But, that's something they will have to deal with when they face the Lord.

All we can really do is pray for them. But, if they think they can run me off, HA! I have the greatest weapon of all, The Love of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Use it all you want, it's still inaccurate, though you refuse to discuss the reasons why. (note: the word doormat is accurate, the word stupid - not so much)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:19 pm
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
nick17 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Use it all you want, it's still inaccurate, though you refuse to discuss the reasons why. (note: the word doormat is accurate, the word stupid - not so much)

Ok, I am obviously having a very bad hair day or something here.

Bella Dea,

Thanx for the clarification.

Questioner,

Ok, I need some clarification on that it's still inaccurate thing. What? Doormat? What?! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo confused!http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000017.gif
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:27 pm
Yes MA, doormat.

You keep insisting that being Christian doesn't mean being a doormat.

In fact it does. You are to turn the other cheek. You are to love your neighbors as yourself. You are not to use the lord's name in vain. Your life is to be one of love, peace, and restraint. In a world of hate, violence and excess this makes you, by definition, a doormat.

Is there anything wrong with that? Not at all. It's merely one of the reasons why subscribing to the tenants of Christianity is so difficult. You ARE expected to just sit there and take it, and return nothing but love and kindness. Any of you that think otherwise is failing as a Christian. Simple as that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
Questioner wrote:
Yes MA, doormat.

You keep insisting that being Christian doesn't mean being a doormat.

In fact it does. You are to turn the other cheek. You are to love your neighbors as yourself. You are not to use the lord's name in vain. Your life is to be one of love, peace, and restraint. In a world of hate, violence and excess this makes you, by definition, a doormat.

Is there anything wrong with that? Not at all. It's merely one of the reasons why subscribing to the tenants of Christianity is so difficult. You ARE expected to just sit there and take it, and return nothing but love and kindness. Any of you that think otherwise is failing as a Christian. Simple as that.

Uh, hate to disagree, but I disagree. I will be back with backup on that.

If, as you say, Christians were to be doormats in relation to your definition, we'd all be dead. We'd all be gone. Wiped off the face of the earth a long time ago. I'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
[/b]
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:35 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

If, as you say, Christians were to be doormats in relation to your definition, we'd all be dead. We'd all be gone. Wiped off the face of the earth a long time ago. I'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack![/color][/b]

No, you probably wouldn't be, but I'd love to hear the reasoning. Looking forward to discussing this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

If, as you say, Christians were to be doormats in relation to your definition, we'd all be dead. We'd all be gone. Wiped off the face of the earth a long time ago. I'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack![/color][/b]

No, you probably wouldn't be, but I'd love to hear the reasoning. Looking forward to discussing this.

Well, if this were true, I think we'd pretty much have been wiped out during the Crusades.

Point is, if we were total doormats and just took it on the chin no matter what, the world would be doing what it danged felt like doing no matter what and I think its pretty obvious non-believers don't want our religious views inflicted on them at all. So, if we be doormats, we be gone :wink: .

If one does not stand up for their beliefs, principles, etc., they soon die or fade away.

But, I will be back with more on that.
[/color]
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Well, if this were true, I think we'd pretty much have been wiped out during the Crusades.

No, there would have been no crusades, most likely.

Quote:
Point is, if we were total doormats and just took it on the chin no matter what, the world would be doing what it danged felt like doing no matter what and I think its pretty obvious non-believers don't want our religious views inflicted on them at all. So, if we be doormats, we be gone :wink: .

No, you would not be gone. Insisting it over and over again doesn't make it so. Let me explain why I think as I do:

1) First and foremost, you need to understand that if you live as is outlined in the bible, there will be no need for you to foist anything upon anyone. People would see by your life that you have peace, and that nothing may touch you. As people are curious, they will then look into how you remain calm in the face of adversity, how you never anger or rage against that which you can't control. Thus your beliefs are spread without you having to piss anyone off.

2) Do you have so little faith in the god you profess to worship that you think him impotent to aid his followers and keep his word spreading? The church as Christ designed it is one of danger certainly, yet it's one that is centered around him and God. You put your faith in God but won't trust him to keep you safe from harm? You fear the rantings of non-believers so much that you feel the need to retaliate in your own defense?

Christianity wasn't meant to be easy. It was NEVER intended as a walk in the park. People have died for this belief. People will still die for this belief. There are no promises in this religion that you will be safe on earth, but there is a fairly nice mandate as to how you should act while here.

Quote:
If one does not stand up for their beliefs, principles, etc., they soon die or fade away.

I'd love to discuss this bit with you in a pm sometime.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Mesquite,

Don't know where we parted ways so strongly, but we sure have. I'm sorry that happened. I enjoyed our conversations at one point.[/b][/color]

I am making the same points that I have been since joining A2K. I attempt to keep my criticism limited to others comments/ideology and not the person.

If you are referring to the beatitudes comment, I have made similar ones before. My message has been consistent.

mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
How often are the harsh words of the OT referenced in these forums compared to the loving beautiful ways of Jesus in the NT? If everyone were just to live by the beatitudes alone, the world would be a much kinder, gentler place to live.

That is a very true statement. Unfortunately far too many Christians cannot resist dipping back into the old testament to support their prejudices, and since they consider the source divine, there is no possibility to reason. That is why I concentrate my energies against the texts. It is the texts that are the source of so many problems.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1520473&highlight=beatitudes#1520473

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1654847&highlight=beatitudes#1654847

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1654906&highlight=beatitudes#1654906

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1717495&highlight=beatitudes#1717495

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1636200&highlight=beatitudes#1636200

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1513491&highlight=beatitudes#1513491
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:40 pm
nick17 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

You must be quite proud of that sentence. You use it a lot lately. Given up on the beatitudes?

Actually Nick, when I made that statement there was a question attached to it which I have reinserted above.

Do you have any examples of being treated here on A2K like you were stupid just because you believe in God and are a Christian? Not that it doesn't happen, but most of the time when that charge is made it was the person's arguement that was critiqued, not the person's intelligence.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:04 pm
when i said about people treating me like i'm stupid because I am a Christian. I was thinking of things that have happened in philosophy class, real world situations. Not here on A2K
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:26 pm
Questioner,

I would love to take this to PM. I really feel like someone is standing over my shoulder and because of such, feel a bit hesitant to discuss this further with you.

So, let's do it!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:31 pm
You must not be too proud of your position MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:34 pm
mesquite wrote:
You must not be too proud of your position MA.

Actually, it has nothing to do with MY position, Mesquite. Not a single thing. So, you're just going to have to trust me on that one. :wink:
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:28 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

I would love to take this to PM. I really feel like someone is standing over my shoulder and because of such, feel a bit hesitant to discuss this further with you.

So, let's do it!

Shame, I was looking forward to this.
0 Replies