Head over heels with a girl..who has a boyfriend

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:19 pm
Hi again ,

5 days ago i met this wonderful girl at a party. Shes a friend of a friend and he introduced me to her. We hit it off immediately and spoke for an hour until I had to leave. Now I knew that she had a boyfriend but i still asked her to contact her. In fact I heard her say that she would be alone on New Years eve and I immediately invited her to come with me and my friends, and she said she will give me an answer later.

Well, over these last 5 days we contacted and met each other a lot. We both seem to be totally connected to each other. She even came with me out on New years eve. We had promised each other that nothing will happen but of course we started to kiss after 1 hour of being in each other`s company.

Well we started to talk about the situation that she has been with a guy for over 2 years. She said that she is not totally happy with him but does not know if leaving him would be the right decision. Shes afraid of what everyone would say and if she would regret her decision, of course. Well and considering Im going through a separation from my wife right now does not make matters easier.

The problem is that I think of this girl all the time. Im totally sad when im not with her. Im convinced that shes the one I have been looking for for years. I know i met her a very short time ago but im totally going crazy for her.

What do you guys think of the situation? It sure sounds crazy doesn't it? How should I react?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 733 • Replies: 6
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:38 pm
Watch yourself. You could end up in a big ol' mess really easily.

Here's my honest opinion in situations like this, and of course I do not know the particulars of your situation, nor do I know you or this girl:

You both are attracted to each other bc you both need an escape hatch from your current situations. Times are tough, aching hearts, all that.
She is not the answer to your problems. You are seeing her through rose coloured glasses right now. Just be aware of that.

Did you ever notice how a lot of people end up in bed with someone they have just met on New Year's Eve? How people end up kissing or deeply attracted to someone new after a breakup?

It's called a rebound relationship. Except, ahem, she is still in a relationship and you are working through a relationship. Vulnerable positions lead to crazy actions sometimes.

Make life a little easier on yourself and see this for what it is. It is a pleasant distraction from your presently-difficult situation.

What do you think? Do you rationally think it would be a good idea to move forward with her? Or would it just confuse your life more? It's your life ultimately.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 06:47 pm
ConfusedMale--

Can you spell R-E-B-O-U-N-D?

Both you and this woman want to prove to yourselves that each of you are loving and lovable.

Right now the internal dialogue is more important than the physical attraction between you--and the physical attraction is pretty important.

Spanish proverb: "Take what you want," says God. "Then pay."
0 Replies

maddendominata

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:03 pm
Boy oh boy!!
Have you ever heard of Co-dependency? How about lust and impulsiveness? Do you believe in God?
If you read my story you will see it is screwed up and there was a time when I was just like you? Are there any drugs or alcohol involved in the situation? Does this new girl have traits of your ex?
I tell you I would say first of all, DO NOT get involved with anyone or make a serious decision of any type until your emotions are over with the woman you are separating from! By going with another girl and her going with you, you guys are only fooling yourselves. Then in the end you may have a double broken heart. No wife and no fling. This relationship was obviously based on common interests and lust. A true lasting love takes more than that. You are headed into territory I wound up at and with a few more BAD decisions and thinking with the wrong head you are setting yourself up for a life of pain and misery.
So basically don't make any serious decisions until the separation is both physically and emotionally complete!!!
0 Replies

ConfusedMale

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:58 pm
Well i know this can be a rebound for both of us but I woul really wish it was not

There is no alcohol, no drugs and this girl does not have triats of my ex...i actually think that thats what really attracted to her as she seems very stable in her head

But you guys can be right and most probably are. Well I truly hope Im not actually going for more pain and misery Sad

Thanks for your answers by the way guys
0 Replies

maddendominata

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:45 pm
No problem
I like turning my pain into positive energy, if my experience through pain can help someone else avoid the pain or even two people avoid it, then it must have happened for a reason. I wish you the best man. Just remember three sayings I was always taught.
1) the grass is not always greener on the other side of the road
2) sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know
3) Familiarity breeds contempt

Of course when you are hurting that girl will seems like an angel compared to your ex. Pay attention though, she may be, but if you look even closer she may not be. Best of luck. I wish you the best!
0 Replies

ConfusedMale

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:22 am
Thanks a lot. Well this girl actually keft her boyfriemd now. Still scared how to tell her parents though and Im sure they will not like the fact that im seperated. Things are never easy ...
0 Replies