The best Christmas Present Ever..

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:09 pm
Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the pictures, Jordan's gorgeous and sounds like you're doing great. Congratulations!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:27 pm
(Here's what I'm looking forward to -- Joah's first "Help!!!" parenting question that Shewolf can calmly and informatively reply to -- sort of a changing of the guard thing, ya know? Shewolf's been the most junior [by baby age] of the regularly-posting parents for a while. [DrewDad has a younger baby but already knew what he was doing by the time Chiquita came along...] I went back through some VERY old sozlet stories to beef up a collection that I gave to E.G. for Christmas, and found a bunch of those ["HEEEEELLLLPPP!"] from me that I saved from early days of Abuzz -- entertaining!) (And the same cast of Women With Experience being incredibly helpful -- Noddy, Squinny, Swimpy, etc...)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:38 pm
Oh, J! He's just adorable!

Thank you so much for remembering us and sharing photo's. The one of him sleeping with Dad, and the lil puppy wanting to be included is really sweet.

Hope you are all staying warm!

Kiss baby J for me. I'm sending hugs to Mom and Dad. You both did great!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 09:10 pm
squinney, that dog is too cute! Smile

Quote:
Well, perhaps young Jordan will have a thing for older women when he gets old enough. Then ya can be related via A2K.

If Dad has it his way, our boy will definitely be a ladies man. If I have it my way... well, I'm sure every mom doesn't want their boy to know every beer known to man and the best pick up lines. Wink Cool

sozobe, I definitely already thought of some HELP ME questions!! I just feel "down" at times because I can't find a minute to actually post them. I remember the days of "me, me, me" ........this baby-first stuff is tough. Laughing I really do hate not being able to read every thread like I used to. ......but I don't want to give up a second of time I spend just holding Jordan!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:05 pm
Then DON'T!!!

I've been thinking of you and wondering if the baby was here yet, and here you both are! He is just gorgeous, Joa! What a beautiful boy. You did good!!!

I'm so happy to hear you're breastfeeding! It's the very best thing you can do for him. And...it gets easier and easier the older he gets. It's normal to go through some tough times with it for the first couple of months, but believe me, after that it's SO much easier than bottle feeding! Keep it up, and if you need to, please feel free to ask questions here.

I hate to tell you this, but that feeling of wishing he could stay small doesn't go away. My son is 11 now, and I still feel the same way. Spend every minute you can with Baby Jordan. You will always be glad you did.

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the best thing I've ever done. I'm betting you'll feel the same way before long.

And before I forget to say it,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 01:15 am
Congrats!!

Wow, is he ever gorgeous! Enjoy ! Razz
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:18 am
Echoing Eva, here.

The thing about kids is, just as you get a handle on how to manage them they grow up a little and you have to learn the whole thing over again.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:19 am
But that's one of the things that makes 'em so rewarding.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:19 am
Darn tootin.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:28 am
Oh yeah Joah-
i would not have survived with out posting my wierd helps...
I think my strangest help thread was about a board 6 month old.
HA!
noone told me that babies dont become interested in the things I was trying to show Bean until they are almost a year old. Confused
hehehehe.. oops.

your pictures are GREAT! keep sharing .
I forgot how little people start out.. soooooo cute. :-)
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:03 pm
Congratulations, Joahaeyo! What a beautiful, adorable little boy!! He's going to go grow fast too. My daughter (now 6 months & 16 lbs) was 6 lbs 2 oz at birth as well. I'm feeling nostalgic looking at your baby's little hands. Enjoy every moment.

Yeah, breastfeeding does take some getting used to, but it will get easy real fast. And there's nothing better you can do for your baby right now. We've been through two bouts of nasty colds, flu etc. in our house....I'm convinced that because I breatfed her religiously, she didn't fall ill. Not even the slightest congestion. (knocking on wood).

Happy New Year to all three of you!

DrewDad: Beautiful little girl! Those eyes! Watch out - you might have to say Yes to something.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 07:16 pm
thanks everyone!!! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 07:42 pm
Joah, I am very happy for you three. Good going.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:23 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:
squinney, that dog is too cute! Smile

Thanks. It's Angel, one of the puppies our dog had in August. If you get a chance, you can follow OUR birthing experience and see the results RIGHT HERE

I'm glad your experience was a little less stressful, though I know you'll relate to the panting, nesting, and 100% cotton sheets. Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:24 pm
How precious! Congratulations to you and Mr. J, and thanks for sharing the pictures. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:00 am
Congratulations, Joa! Wonderful news for the new year!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 03:57 pm
Congrats, Joah!

I missed this thread until now (thanks for the point, Soz). The pictures are great, keep 'em coming. Ditto what everyone has said about constant changes. Enjoy each phase as it comes because they don't last long.

Best wishes to all of you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:12 pm
Congratulations!!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:43 pm
Coming late to the thread, but CONGRATULATIONS!

Embrace every moment. Our little ones "grow up" too fast. My "baby" is 23 years old. Where did the time go?
0 Replies