The best Christmas Present Ever..

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:31 am
I guess the least expected happened. I was positive that our little boy would arrive to this world late since that's just the story of our lives (things always come late for us/or with complications).

Jordan Ryan... made his appearance Dec 16th!!!! He was due Jan 7th (technically Jan 14th but with so many growth spurts, they changed the date).

Me the night before:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/tummy9mths.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/j7days.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/daddy.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/1stbath.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/jcarseat.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/jyuki.jpg

Born 6lbs 2oz ...but for the first week and a half sat around 5lbs 10oz. At our last visit, he jumped over 5oz. in 2 days!! That's my growing boy Smile Actually, that's what's been killing me!!! Daytime - he does great feeding every 2 hrs. At night, he goes NUTS unless I breastfeed every 30 min to an hour. Hopefully this growth spurt passes because the chest can only handle so much. Wink ...but the bonding is great!!

Went into the hospital at 5:45 a.m. on the 16th, and he came into the world at 10:35 a.m

They had to break my water. I came in at 3 centimeters and jumped up to 8-9 and fully effaced in less than an hour.

Pushed for 30 min. I don't give a crap how short it was, it hurt like hell (epidural and all), and if they didn't use a vacuum, I didn't think he'd ever come out to say hello. When he came out, instead of looking to see what he looks like, I stayed in a ball screaming for a few minutes afterwards. I can't imagine what it's like to be in labor for 12+ hours!!!

No stretch marks!!! (at least for this kid) Hallelujah

Baby Jordan and I are good. I'm excellent and so happy with our new joy. Jordan, who got home about 5 days later had a little adventure upon his arrival. I imagine he wanted to go back in my belly for a little while.

Basically he was diagnosed and treated for a bacteria, was told we may have to stay for 10 days (over Christmas!!), and then turns out he never had it to begin with. They were supposed to run the test again after it initially came out positive, but didn't ...just treated it... so anywho...

He then spent 24 hrs under those lamps (similar to a tanning bed) for jaundice. I wasn't worried about it but it tore my heart to have him under lamps for THAT LONG and not be able to touch him no matter how much he cried. He was allowed out for 30 min. every 2 hrs to feed, but that time was spent trying to get him to guzzle as much milk down as possible. Dealt with the jaundice for about 2 wks (continued to elevate). We hear it's more common in Asians AND babies who had the vacuum used.

Well ...you guys are right and I guess it's not as easy as I thought it would be to breastfeed and post at the same time. I thought this would give me time to be on the internet, but I fight for even a minute now on the computer. Laughing

As you can see, none of his clothes fit. hahahah

what's worse is, the hospital told us not to bring any diapers because they supply us with anything the baby needs. Well.... they only have size 1 diapers ...not even "newborn" ...so NOTHING he let out ..........stayed in (even with the diaper folded over ). Poor thing got hit himself in the face so many times. The nurses had to change his crib several times as well!! I'm still having trouble with the "hose" being able to slip through the diaper, and I put the sucker on tight!!!

We're so happy he got here early to spend the holidays with us!!! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,821 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:37 am
Joahaeyo- Congratulations..................your new bundle of joy is precious!!!

I was a little concerned about the pic of the baby with the pooch. If it were me, I would keep the two of them separate, until Jordan can defend himself. Sometimes a pet can become very jealous of an interloper!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Oh happy season! Congratulations, Joa. He is a doll baby. You two must be so excited and happy. Babies make wonderful Christmas presents.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:46 am
Good work Joahaeyo! What a beautiful Christmas gift.

Congratulations to you, Mr. J. and your whole pack.

Welcome to Jordan Ryan.

Sending lotsa smooches northwest toward all of you.

the A2K puppy band is gonna serenade ya so you can get a bit of sleep

http://www.fabricattic.com/Jammin%20Dogs.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
They really do stay separate. That's as far as Yuki can stick his head in which doesn't allow her to even lick him. The pack n' play is in our bedroom which has been off limits. Recently we've let the dog in to see how they interact and our once hyper dog just lays down next to me when I'm breastfeeding and seems to understand that Jordan is fragile. Very Happy There's always bitter apple spray next to us and outside of picture purposes... she isn't allowed near mommy (and I'm the one who usually has baby Jordan in hand). The cat is the one we don't let near him. The doctors told us both are fine. That they're too young to develop allergies in the first place right now and though cats may trigger asthma... it's a hit or miss (if he was going to get it, the cat will trigger it) ...but since we're both (mom and dad) able to live with these animals.. there's a good chance jordan can. With that said, we still don't let the animals too close for more than a few secs. Smile We Yuki take a few sniffs because we want to see how they will interact since Yuki (gentle giant) ...has to learn to be gentle (big paws). The small dog isn't interested and will never be. Laughing Probably a good thing since the small dog will hate the baby once he learns how to crawl and catch the dog!! The cat is VERY eager to see what the baby "is" but Im sure she will give him a few swats to the face. When she doesn't approve of something/one ...she comes up to smell and then does a "hit and run" hahaha. I imagine when it is time to introduce them... jordan will have to get a few swats but will survive (she's declawed).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:48 am
And you get another Christmas present. Since he was born in December, you get to take him as an exemption on your income taxes for the whole year! Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:51 am
oh wonderful!
Congratulations mamma!!!

Best feeling in the world isnt it ;-)

Big BIG hugs to you and your new addition.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 10:58 am
Congratulations! Get your rest, but it gets lots better.

I'm surprised to hear about cat fur being linked to asthma; we've read studies indicating the opposite.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
I was thinking about you Joa, and here she is with her
bundle of joy. Congratulations to you and Mr. Joa!!!!

Baby Jordan is so precious and I love the last picture with
Yuki taking a quick look. You're going to be one great Mama,
and I am sure many little Joas will follow.

Enjoy your little precious gift, they grow up so fast <sigh>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:07 am
That's a beautiful baby. You done a good job.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:10 am
Well, with everything... there's always one group of doctors who say and firmly believe one thing and then another group who believe in the opposite. Laughing Cats can't "cause" asthma, but what we've read and have been told by several different doctors is that it can trigger it more than most things. Second hand smoking being the #1 trigger though.

Here are a few more pics Smile

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/jyswing.jpg

daddy has done so much for me that he's just as pooped as me!!! ...except it's not fair that he can have beer. ...not that I want beer but some alcohol would be nice. Dr. said I can have "a" beer or one shot right after breastfeeding (as do many websites I've gone to) followed by lots of water, but I don't feel comfortable with that esp. since his feeding times are so close together.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/jdaddybeer.jpg

I feel like his face is changing almost daily!!! I wish they stayed small Cool

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/Baby/j15dys.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:11 am
How gorgeous he is!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you and Mr. J.

What a sweet, lovely baby Jordan is. So glad to hear all are well.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:32 am
He is indeed gorgeous. And they stay little for a long time.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/DrewDad/Still_A_Baby.jpg

OK, I get the discrepancy. I think having pets reduces the chances of developing asthma, while animal fur can trigger an asthma attack in those who have it.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:06 pm
oh my goodness, look at those eyes!!! I bet she gets anything she wants from daddy!!! Mr. J always said that he'd be in trouble (BY ME!!) if we had a girl because he wouldn't be able to resist her begging for things. Your daughter is precious!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
Joahaeyo- I am glad that you are taking precautions with the pets. I wasn't even thinking of asthma when I wrote the post about the dog.

DrewDad- She is GORGEOUS. Whatta doll!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:42 pm
Quote:
Since he was born in December, you get to take him as an exemption on your income taxes for the whole year!

Mr. J is happy about this one Very Happy
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
That was quite a Christmas present!

Congratulations!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
Joa--

Happy New Year to the three of you.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:02 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:
oh my goodness, look at those eyes!!! I bet she gets anything she wants from daddy!!! Mr. J always said that he'd be in trouble (BY ME!!) if we had a girl because he wouldn't be able to resist her begging for things. Your daughter is precious!

Well, perhaps young Jordan will have a thing for older women when he gets old enough. Smile Then ya can be related via A2K.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
Oh wow!!! Congrats to you and hubby :-D
0 Replies