Seinfeld

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:14 pm
So, what are some of your favorite Seinfeld eps?

I still love the one where George is out of work and gives Jerry's phone number as a reference. Then he asks Jerry to answer the phone as though he's the president of "Vandelay Enterprises" (wasn't that the name of the phone company?)

Best part: when the phone rings, George comes running out of the bathroom with his pants around his legs, yelling to Jerry, "Vandelay Enterprises!!! Vandelay Enterprises!!!"

Or how about the time George decided to become Greek Orthodox for the sake of a girl he was dating?

So the priest asks him, "Why do you want to become Greek Orthodox?" and George answers, "I like the outfits..."

I loved that show. I guess you can tell George Constanza was my favorite.

What are some of your favorite Seinfeld moments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,246 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:20 pm
Wasn't that Latvian Orthodox?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:45 pm
Ooooh! You may be right there, Brandon. Latvian Orthodox is funnier than Greek Orthodox anyway.

I remember George sitting in the bathroom at his parents house (the only quiet place he could find to study his Orthodox books). Of course, Mom and Dad Constanza were pounding on the door yelling, "GEORGE!! What're you doing in there??!!!"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:06 pm
The Sponge - episode 119
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:10 pm
Seinfeld?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:15 pm
Ahh, yes...that's a good one, ehbeth. The one where Elaine's trying to figure out who's "sponge-worthy.."

How about the one where Jerry and Elaine go on a double date with George and his new girlfriend. They meet up at a restaurant for dinner and Jerry proceeds to be witty and entertaining...until George takes him aside and asks him not to be so funny coz' "she'll like you better than me."

So Jerry gets very quiet and lets George be the funny one.

At the end of the ep, George's girlfriend tells him she prefers Jerry because he seems sad, depressed and "deep" which she finds appealing...I remember George yelling after her.."YOU WANT DEPRESSION??? I'M THE KING OF DEPRESSION!!!"

Haaa!! Oooh, I love George.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:19 pm
Mulva?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:21 pm
LOL!! Delores?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:51 pm
muffin stumps

Quote:

Rebecca: Are you the ones leaving the muffin pieces behind our shelter?

Elaine: You been enjoying them?

Rebecca: They're just stumps.

Elaine: Well they're perfectly edible.

Rebecca: Oh, so you just assume that the homeless will eat them, they'll eat anything?

Mr. Lippman: No no, we just thought...

Rebecca: I know what you thought. They don't have homes, they don't have jobs, what do they need the top of a muffin for? They're lucky to get the stumps.

Elaine: If the homeless don't like them the homeless don't have to eat them.

Rebecca: The homeless don't like them.

Elaine: Fine.

Rebecca: We've never gotten so many complaints. Every two minutes, "Where is the top of this muffin? Who ate the rest of this?"

Elaine: We were just trying to help.

Rebecca: Why don't you just drop off some chicken skins and lobster shells.

Elaine: I think I might.

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:54 pm
Elaine: I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again.

Jerry: But you yada yada'd over the best part.

Elaine: No, I mentioned the bisque.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:00 pm
One I like is the Soup Nazi one and then there's the one where George is trying to get of rid of fiancee Marisa Tomei .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:04 pm
I liked the one where Jerry stole the marble rye bread from the old lady.

Also, the one where the horse was farting! Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:11 pm
the one where Jerry gets upped to first class on a plane trip while Elaine is left in coach. That one always sticks in my head, it was a classic. I'd also have to agree w stray on vandelay enterprises...nothing beats George running out of the bathroom shouting with his pants around his ankles. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:18 pm
For those who want to "walk down memory lane", and revisit their favorite Seinfeld shows, check this out:

http://www.tv.com/seinfeld/show/112/episode_guide.html
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:08 pm
"He put it out with his 'big shoe.'"
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:13 pm
How did Curb Your Enthusiasm play in the US? It's got a real cult following over here.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:38 pm
I loved the one where Jerry's girlfriend looked bad under the wrong light and he rearranged his life to make sure they stayed in good lighting.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
The Contest--but mostly for Jerry's frustrated line about the naked woman doing housework across the street and dating a virgin. Elaine is out of the competition because JFK, Jr worked out in front of her--and the Virgin winds up with JFK, Jr taking the virginity.

If you're gonna lose it, what better way, really?

I liked the weird backward one where they ended up---or started off --in India.

I liked the one when Jerry started sleeping in Kramer's (because of the Kenny Roger's neon sign) and became Kramer-like.

I thought the Geezer Babysitting ep was hilarious.

And, Elaine being upset that Putty wasn't upset that she was going to hell. The couples therapy session... priceless.

I was really offended by the one, though, where everyone was talking about Elaine's Botticelli shoes. I mean WHY WERE THEY TALKING ABOUT HER BOTTICELLI SHOES!!!???
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:04 pm
What about the one where Jerry drugs the girl with turkey so he can play with her toys?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:19 pm
I was in Amsterdam a few few years back and trying to get a slice of pizza after the bars. My friend and I were in line and a guy a few people ahead of me was being beligerent to the guy behind the counter. They were arguing back and forth and finally the guy says "Ok, how much for the a slice?" The guy behind the counter says "No slice for you!! Next!"

My friend and I were trying our best not to laugh. We came face to face with the pizza nazi.
0 Replies