Seinfeld

Lash

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
Yep. But, his evil game was revealed on Kramer's Variety Show, where George's wounded pet squirrel was unfortunately eaten by Marlon Perkin's assistant, Jim's, hawk.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:35 pm
Laughing

I like the one where Kramer has cockfights with Little Jerry Seinfeld the rooster.

Little Jerry Seinfeld...priceless.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:40 pm
The ones where NBC offers Seinfeld a show called "Jerry."
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:05 am
Let's not forget the "Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" ep...

A news reporter comes over to interview Jerry. George and Jerry are fussing like a an old married couple....

"Why did you buy this stuff? You know I don't like this stuff!!"

"Why do you leave things out on the counter? Can't you put things away?"

blah...blah..blah..

News Reporter: So...how long have you two been together?

Jerry & George: Oh, for years....since high school!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:27 am
Okay, what about the story about the marine biologist. The way they set it up with Kramer knocking the golfballs into the ocean, and then George telling the story at the end...

George: The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli! I got about fifty-feet out and then suddenly the great beast appeared before me. I tell ya he was ten stories high if he was a foot! As if sensing my presence he gave out a big bellow. I said, "Easy big fella!" And then as I watched him struggling I realized...something was obstructing his breathing. From where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!

Jerry: Mammal.

George: Whatever.

Kramer: Well, what did you do next?

George: Then from out of nowhere a huge tidal wave lifted me and tossed me like a cork and I found myself on top of him face to face with the blow-hole! I could barely see from all of the waves crashing down on top of me but I knew something was there so I reached my hand and pulled out the obstruction!

(George pulls out of his inside pocket a golf ball)

Kramer: What is that a Titleist? A hole in one eh.

That was one of the greatest comedy moments in TV history, in my opinion. Perfect.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:47 am
I liked the episode with Bookman the library cop.

BOOKMAN: Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says "New York Public Library"? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot.
Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before:
Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're
thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library
books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without
libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change
the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right
now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees
and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers?
Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue
fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that
kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe
that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and
your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time
is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:48 am
More great George moments:

The one where George interviews for a job and the boss says he's going out of town for a week and will make his decision when he returns.

So George just goes ahead and shows up for work because by the time the boss gets back, "I'll already be ensconced there!!"

Of course, the boss returns, says he never intended to hire George, and tells him to get out!

Oooohhh!! How about the one where George meets a woman on the subway who offers to have sex with him. So they go to a hotel where she proceeds to handcuff George to the bed.

George is excited thinking he's about to have some wild sex. She then steals his wallet and leaves.

Wasn't it the maid who finally found George handcuffed to the bed?

Damn, that was funny!
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 02:53 am
Believe it or not, George isn't at home:
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out or I'd pick up the phone:
Where could I be?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 03:01 am
I also like the onw where George has sex with the cleaning woman and gives her a cashmere sweater with a dot on it to keep her silent. Then gets called into the bosses office.

Boss: I'm going to get right to the point. It has come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?

George: Who said that?

Boss: She did.

George: Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.

Boss: You're fired.

George: Well you didn't have to say it like that.

Boss: I want you out of here by the end of the day.

George: What about the whole Christmas spirit thing? Any flexibility there?

Boss: Nah. Wait, wait, she wanted me to give you this.

He tosses the sweater and it lands right on top of George's face. George walks out of the office "wearing" it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
lmur wrote:
How did Curb Your Enthusiasm play in the US? It's got a real cult following over here.

Oooh, I luuuurv CYE. We've just watched the first season on DVD and we were laughing so hard...anybody seen the one where Larry has to write an obit for Cheryl's aunt? That typo... Shocked I've hardly ever laughed so much.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:47 pm
I'm watching CYE right now. The racist dog episode. Is there any other reason to even own a T.V.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 05:51 pm
Another vote for Bookman's speech and Hole in One.

I like Kramer, the Pipe smoker's, "Don't look at me, I'm hideous!!", too.

Kramer the serial killer in California was pretty good, too.

We have a Seinfeld vernacular. She has....man hands....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
Serenity now, Serenity now
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
LOL!

She's a close-talker.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
Ahhhh, Seinfeld! Was there ever a BAD episode? As hilarious as the 4 principals were, the cast of dozens and dozens of side characters were equally priceless, such as:

Mr. Pitt, one of Elaine's bosses who got distracted by one of those paintings you have to stare at to get a 3D image to appear;

Lloyd Bridges as the middle generation in the clan of son, father and grandfather who each challenged Jerry to a fight;

Mr. Kruger, one of George's many bosses, who tagged George with the nickname, "Kiko" after the monkey;

Judge Reinhold as Elaine's boyfriend who was strangely enamored with Jerry's parents;

James Spader as the recovering addict who wouldn't make amends to George after ridiculing him for stretching out his cashmere sweater;

Elaine's homeless boyfriend, who guilted her into giving him money and which prompted her to refer to herself as, "Lois Loan";

Kenny Banya, the comedian who gave Jerry an Armani suit and then pestered him to buy dinner;

Jerry's cashier girlfriend who couldn't respect him because she didn't like his act;

And last, but not least.....

George's parents;

Putty; and

Newman.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 08:54 pm
ITA, AllanSwann. So many great characters!

And let's not forget the famous ep in which George's mom catches him masturbating. She's so shocked she faints. So George has to make a split second decision to either zip up his pants or catch her. He goes with zipping up his pants. Then he has to take his mom to the hospital coz' she hurt her back in the fall!

What magazine was it George was using to get off? It was one of his Mom's,.... something like Women's Wear Daily?

Yep, when it comes to sexy magazines that's right up there with Better Homes and Gardens!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:49 am
For me? The best Seinfeld episodes weren't actually Seinfeld episodes. They are part of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Last February was the end of season 9 of the show.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:17 pm
I didn't see this thread before. Seinfeld ranks among my top three or four TV series. Everything in my home had to stop - for me at least - when it was on. No way I could have a favorite episode, but one I am thinking of just now always seemed so great. They go to India for a friend's wedding. The sequences are shown in reverse order.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 09:21 am
@edgarblythe,
I liked the way they coached you to realize the that reverse order in time was being monitored by the lollipop that Kramer was eating, because was getting bigger as the show went on. Many many episodes that were pure genius.

"ANYBODY HERE A MARINE BIOLOGIST?"

Or the "NO SOUP FORYEEW"

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 09:35 am
You slept with the groom?
0 Replies