Case #503 against blind faith--Stem Cell Research

au1929

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:35 pm
Momma
Are you suggesting that the death of Jesus excused all the Christian sins till the end of time. What a crock
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:41 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
...Please accept my apology.

I will not accept your apology. You have nothing to apologize for. You reacted just the way she wanted you to. Anyway, it was kinda' fun.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:43 pm
au1929 wrote:
Momma
Are you suggesting that the death of Jesus excused all the Christian sins till the end of time. What a crock

Actually, Au1929, Jesus Christ died on the cross for everyone, EVERYONE! And I never said anyone was excused from their sins. Being a Christian does not excuse you from your sins. It means you are forgiven for them. It does not mean you have a license to commit them.

It's just up to us each individually to believe that or not. But, you know what, you still cannot blame the Christians of today for the crusades. You cannot blame all Germans/Nazis (whatever the right term is) for the holocaust. You cannot blame all the Muslims for every single act of terrorism.

You cannot blame anything on anyone except for the acts they commit themselves. Now, how would you feel if someone blamed you for something one of your ancestors did? Would that be right?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:44 pm
echi Wrote:

Quote:
I will not accept your apology. You have nothing to apologize for. You reacted just the way she wanted you to. Anyway, it was kinda' fun.

Razz Very Happy
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:44 pm
au1929 wrote:
Momma

You know something, au, I agree. A crock, indeed.
(Now you can accept my apology, momma.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:46 pm
echi wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Momma

You know something, au, I agree. A crock, indeed.
(Now you can accept my apology, momma.

echi,

No need for you to apologize. I told you, our difference in beliefs is not a reason for me to dislike you.

You have the ability to get your views across without the need to criticize and I appreciate that.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
echi wrote:
anon--

Thanks for destroying this thread. You cowardly pick up and run when you find that you can't respond intelligently to a straight question. Then you jump back in to spew vomit everywhere. I guess it really is true... we turn back into babies when we get old.

Echi:

I have't run from anything! I responded most directly to all questions asked of me ... repeatedly! Some cannot either comprehend the answers, or they cannot read. I've just stopped arguing about stem cell research!

As far as sniping ... The point was brought up about Christian bullshit, and I responded.

Mo An:

Me racially bigoted?? Some of my grandchildren would probably argue that with you. My family, although some are Christian, never felt the need to own people, as many Christians have. I think the two are incompatible concepts, but I am used to Christian hypocrisy. Kind of like voting for warmongers who make a policy of killing people while professing to be a ""Christian"! My knowledge of Christ's teachings includes statements about "loving your enemies" and "turning the other cheek". Christians today, as in the past, have little concept of what the teachings of Christ truly mean!!

Anon
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:01 pm
Momma
You seem to have a fixation about the Crusades. The crusades be damned. Consider the actions by Christians in the name of their religion since them. e.g.. Inquisitions, pogroms, wars, massacres, forced conversions and etc. Did the death of Jesus, even if one believes the myth, absolve the Christianity from it's sins into perpetuity?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:05 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
echi wrote:
anon--

Thanks for destroying this thread. You cowardly pick up and run when you find that you can't respond intelligently to a straight question. Then you jump back in to spew vomit everywhere. I guess it really is true... we turn back into babies when we get old.

Echi:

I have't run from anything! I responded most directly to all questions asked of me ... repeatedly! Some cannot either comprehend the answers, or they cannot read. I've just stopped arguing about stem cell research!

As far as sniping ... The point was brought up about Christian bullshit, and I responded.

Mo An:

Me racially bigoted?? Some of my grandchildren would probably argue that with you. My family, although some are Christian, never felt the need to own people, as many Christians have. I think the two are incompatible concepts, but I am used to Christian hypocrisy. Kind of like voting for warmongers who make a policy of killing people while professing to be a ""Christian"! My knowledge of Christ's teachings includes statements about "loving your enemies" and "turning the other cheek". Christians today, as in the past, have little concept of what the teachings of Christ truly mean!!

Anon

You were the one that used that "n" term. There was absolutely no call for that whatsoever. Period!

Are you a Christian anon? If not, what makes you think you know how a Christian should act, think, vote, etc?

You know what? I never owned a slave. I don't believe in slavery. Know what else? I hate war! But you really want to know something? HOW MANY CHEEKS DO YOU THINK ONE CHRISTIAN HAS?

C'mon, be honest? You provoke and provoke and you know you do. And yes, I reacted to it.

Let me tell you something Anon, I really believe this "anyone that points out hypocrisy in someone else's life and has wrongs in their own, just points out they are a hypocrite also." We are all hypocrites! Everyone in this world has committed some kind of hypocritical statement or act.

Since Christians sin, yes, call us hypocrites. There's no way around that. If we sin, we go against the teachings of Christ. Does that really make us a hypocrite? Not necessarily, but it does prove we are human.

And thank you for changing the way you address me. I do appreciate it.

Au1929,

You cannot hold one person responsible for the actions of another. I wasn't here during the crusades, inquisition, etc. Ok. It's just that simple.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:07 pm
momma wrote
It's just up to us each individually to believe that or not. But, you know what, you still cannot blame the Christians of today for the crusades. You cannot blame all Germans/Nazis (whatever the right term is) for the holocaust. You cannot blame all the Muslims for every single act of terrorism.

Nor can you absolve them
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:07 pm
au1929 wrote:
Momma
You seem to have a fixation about the Crusades. The crusades be damned. Consider the actions by Christians in the name of their religion since them. e.g.. Inquisitions, pogroms, wars, massacres, forced conversions and etc. Did the death of Jesus, even if one believes the myth, absolve the Christianity from it's sins into perpetuity?

The "PERPETUAL" get out of hell free card Smile

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:10 pm
It's such a comfort that I can go through life killing, maiming, raping, stealing ... and all I have to be is a Christian, and profoundly apologize 10 minutes before I die ... and I go to heaven! What a deal!!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Au1929,

I have no authority to either condemn or absolve anyone of anything.
0 Replies

au1929

au1929 wrote:
momma wrote
Quote:

Nor can you absolve them. I would add that Anti Semitism. The cause of the Holocaust. Is the product of the Catholic church and Christianity.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
au1929 wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before there is a backlash against the Christian {evangelical } community in response to it's campaign to force it's beliefs upon the public at large.

Like I said au1929, start lobbying to have a law that prohibits anyone to use their religious views on deciding anything. Good grief. Rolling Eyes Do you ever quit?

I hope he doesn't quit! Somebody has to think about what is going on, as versus, taking it on "blind faith"!!

By the way ... there is a "Law"! It's called separation of Church and State!!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:18 pm
au1929 wrote:
momma wrote
Quote:

Nor can you absolve them. I would add that Anti Semetism. The cause of the Holocaust. Is the product of the Catholic church and Christianity.

au1929 and Anon-Voter,

Okay, I can see this is pretty important to all of us, safe to say?

So, this is what I suggest. Let's take a few minutes to calm down. And let's start fresh. I would be happy to answer any questions about what I believe and why. I promise to not to try to convert you! :wink:

But, let's make a deal that we don't start namecalling and mud slinging ok? I don't like to do that.

So, what do you say?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:20 pm
Anon
That is a constitutional prohibition. Christians because of the death of Jesus are not required to adhere to it. They have been absolved.

Sorry Momma could resist.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:21 pm
Enough said
Goodnight Gracie.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
AU,

It's

"Say Goodnight Gracie" and she responds