Where does it say in the bible we inherit original sin?

Terry

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
Momma Angel, I do not think that's all there is in the Bible, but I do question Christians who pick and choose which verses to believe and which to ignore.

I'm still waiting for your response to points I brought up.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:56 am
Terry wrote:
Momma Angel, I do not think that's all there is in the Bible, but I do question Christians who pick and choose which verses to believe and which to ignore.

I'm still waiting for your response to points I brought up.

Terry,

I am still working on the passages I had left unaddresed. It's been a bit crazy here at the cat shelter the past couple of days so I haven't been able to do as much researching as I intend to do.

Your allegations that Christ broke the laws of the Ten Commandments is very serious. I intend to address them fully.

You don't think that's all there is in the Bible? You lost me?

Do they ignore them or do they address them and you just don't accept the explanation? :wink:
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:39 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

That was a response to your last post to me:
Quote:
Terry,

I'm telling you, you guys gotta get a new script! You'd think the stuff you talk about is all that is in the Bible.

I understand about being busy. Hopefully you are busy adopting out cats and not getting inundated with unwanted "Christmas presents."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:47 pm
Terry wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

That was a response to your last post to me:
Quote:
Terry,

I'm telling you, you guys gotta get a new script! You'd think the stuff you talk about is all that is in the Bible.

I understand about being busy. Hopefully you are busy adopting out cats and not getting inundated with unwanted "Christmas presents."

Yes, been busy adopting and rescuing cats. Found homes for 7 just this week!

I got the same Christmas present I get every year, Terry. My husband buys me two Christmas bears from Wal-Mart. I collect them and that's all I want. :wink:

I am glad to hear you believe there is more to the Bible than just those constantly used examples. It seems that some don't realize there is more. Very Happy
[/b]
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:07 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
edgar,

Shocked The last person that walked on the face of this earth that was without sin was crucified.

That's not actually true. The last person that walked on the face of this earth that was without sin - was assumed into heaven. She didn't die.

Mary, the Mother of Jesus was concieved without sin.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:12 pm
nick17 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
edgar,

Shocked The last person that walked on the face of this earth that was without sin was crucified.

That's not actually true. The last person that walked on the face of this earth that was without sin - was assumed into heaven. She didn't die.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Would you happen to have some reference for that? Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:21 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
nick17 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
edgar,

Shocked Shocked Shocked Would you happen to have some reference for that? Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Dogma of The Immaculate Conception. Check the link

Immaculate Conception
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:22 pm
Sorry, don't follow the Catholic's view on Mary at all. I do appreciate your response though.
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:18 pm
Hi Momma Angel.
Quote..(don't follow the catholic view on Mary at all).. unquote. To me... it seems, you are saying... your "view's" on their bit of religion ( the Catholics bit ) negates their "view"?. Perhaps the word "belief " should of been used instead of "view", though I suppose even "think" would be better?... Nick 17's point ...." I THINK" is quite right and there are a lot more Catholics out there that think other than the way you do....sooooo the numbers have it...umpteen millions to one makes them right and you wrong ( isn't that the way religion works )

Nice to hear you are looking after the cat's in your area. In my country they are a menace, where I live, we have a lot of flowering trees, which attract a large number of wild bird life... the local domestic cats have a great time killing them off, ( not for food either, they are all over fed ) I however am on the birds side, and take great delight every time I manage to kill one.

Also have a guy in the outer suburbs, that catches them and skins them for their fur.. that really gets up the nose of the cat lovers, but it's quite legal as cat's are supposed to be caged or indoors, to protect wild life. As it should be.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:25 pm
lightfoot wrote:
Hi Momma Angel.
Quote..(don't follow the catholic view on Mary at all).. unquote. To me... it seems, you are saying... your "view's" on their bit of religion ( the Catholics bit ) negates their "view"?. Perhaps the word "belief " should of been used instead of "view", though I suppose even "think" would be better?... Nick 17's point ...." I THINK" is quite right and there are a lot more Catholics out there that think other than the way you do....sooooo the numbers have it...umpteen millions to one makes them right and you wrong ( isn't that the way religion works )

Nice to hear you are looking after the cat's in your area. In my country they are a menace, where I live, we have a lot of flowering trees, which attract a large number of wild bird life... the local domestic cats have a great time killing them off, ( not for food either, they are all over fed ) I however am on the birds side, and take great delight every time I manage to kill one.

Also have a guy in the outer suburbs, that catches them and skins them for their fur.. that really gets up the nose of the cat lovers, but it's quite legal as cat's are supposed to be caged or indoors, to protect wild life. As it should be.

You seem intelligent.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:28 pm
lightfoot wrote:
Hi Momma Angel.

lightfoot,

No, that is not what I am saying at all. If it appeared that way nick17, I sincerely didn't mean that.

I have no problem with the differences in the views in Christianity and the Christians that have them. No problem at all. I just simply meant I do not believe the same about Mary as the Catholics do. No harmful intent or thought ever entered my mind.

As to the cat statements ~ Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:26 pm
Hey.. not a problem Momma.
Just it seems soooo funny when one reads how the very religious tend to "put down" other religions, yet at the same time they all have absolutely nothing but the same Old book to base their religion on, and can carry on about what they "feel" and how they "Know" and that if one takes up their "beliefs" how they will be rewarded by some mystical thingo, that will get em into some mythological place "up there"??.
I have two very dear relations who are Seventh Day Adventist, they absolutely hate the Catholics, they say they are heathens, as they worship Idols. I reckon if they were called up into a Seventh Day Army, told to go get rid of them Idol worshiping Catholics, they would be there with their machine guns strapped to their shoulders ... singing the praise of their lord as they dashed over the trenches... even at seventy years of age, and I'm not kidding.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:35 pm
lightfoot wrote:
Hey.. not a problem Momma.
Just it seems soooo funny when one reads how the very religious tend to "put down" other religions, yet at the same time they all have absolutely nothing but the same Old book to base their religion on, and can carry on about what they "feel" and how they "Know" and that if one takes up their "beliefs" how they will be rewarded by some mystical thingo, that will get em into some mythological place "up there"??.
I have two very dear relations who are Seventh Day Adventist, they absolutely hate the Catholics, they say they are heathens, as they worship Idols. I reckon if they were called up into a Seventh Day Army, told to go get rid of them Idol worshiping Catholics, they would be there with their machine guns strapped to their shoulders ... singing the praise of their lord as they dashed over the trenches... even at seventy years of age, and I'm not kidding.

lightfoot,

Oh, I believe you! I listen to a Christian Chat room and let me tell you, if some on these threads think I am a fundamentalist I'm not sure what they would call some of those in the room.

They be casting out demons and rebuking the Satanic spirits in others! Evil or Very Mad I'm telling you, the first time I heard all that, it scared the hell out of me! Shocked

And the Catholics? Oh yeah! I have never heard anyone say some of the things they do about Catholicism. I may not agree with the Catholic doctrine but there is no way I would treat them with anything but the respect due them or others.

I guess that's why I get a bit miffed when I am accused of being such a fundamentalist, etc. I keep thinking, if they only knew! Very Happy

I don't have a problem just agreeing to disagree with anyone. :wink:
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:33 pm
echi.
Wouldn't say intelligent, but like to call a spade a spade.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:40 pm
lightfoot wrote:
echi.
Wouldn't say intelligent,...

Yeah. You're right. I take it back.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:39 pm
figurative treatment of one subject under the guise of another; a presentation of one subject under the guise of another; a presentation of an abstract or spiritual meaning under concrete or material forms; a symbolical narrative.
Quote:
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
~Genesis 3:21
Quote:
For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord the church:
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
~Ephesians 5:29-33
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:57 pm
Do you really think anyone will read all of that?Smile
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
I don't think about it like that.

Either they will or they won't. But if I didn't post it then no one had the chance to decide whether or not to read it--and then to choose to consider the things I said--or not.

It was not something explainable in '50 words or less,' that's why most standard apologetic replies are compacted for the specific purpose of mass distribution.

But I never apologize for God because there is a viable alternative.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:58 am
nick17 wrote:
Do you really think anyone will read all of that?Smile

I did.

Brilliant!
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:54 am
Thanks, Echi! Wink
0 Replies