My wife doesn't make up after an argument, is this normal?

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 07:30 pm
Following an argument, and regardless of who was right or wrong, my wife doesn't make up once the argument has been resolved.

Instead, she just "moves on" once remedial actions have been agreed, she does this without any kisses, cuddles, hugs or recognition that the argument is over.

Is this normal? Is this healthy? I must admit that it drives me nuts.

Regards,

CFB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 947 • Replies: 10
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 07:35 pm
Do you hug/kiss/cuddle with your co-workers or the guys at the bar after you have an argument with them?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
its quite normal, having an argument in a long term relationship and just moving on without the kissing or cuddling makeup thing after, suggests to me that she is quite comfortable in her relationship with you.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 06:30 am
This does not sound right it sounds like she is still not ready for the situation to be properly resolved if she doesn't make u feel like it is.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:14 am
corporate_fatboy- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Have you ever told her how you feel about this? It just may be a matter of communicating your feelings to her.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:56 am
What are you looking for? An apology? Or just an acknowledgement that she hurt your feelings? Or validation that you were right? It really depends on what it is you are looking for.

Some people have a very hard time forming the words "I'm sorry", even if they are genuinely very sorry. Maybe she says sorry it in a way she thinks tells you she is sorry but you don't recognize it. Some people use actions. Others use words. Maybe you are expecting a big hug and kiss and a talk about how your argument was and is now over. Maybe you are just expecting her to look you in the eye and say "I love you". You need to express your desires for closure to her because maybe she just doesn't know what you need.

I agree with Phoenix. Talk to her and find out what's up.
0 Replies

BubbaGumbo

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 02:34 am
Punch her in the face if she acts up again. That'll teach her.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:35 pm
BubbaGumbo wrote:
Punch her in the face if she acts up again. That'll teach her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Thumbs down).
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:10 am
maybe, like others have said, she finds it hard to apologise. or maybe she is comfy enough with your relationship that she doesnt feel the need to make up!
Why dont you ask her?? not during, or after a row, but at a time when you're both happy, just ask her. Dont make it sound like you need an apology, just a reason as to why she doesnt like making up etc! Make up sex is very good, lol!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:14 am
It's her passive aggressive way of winning every fight... in her mind anyway. As long as you're still getting laid let her have her little victory. In my relationships, I always let people win the small battles so they don't resent it when I make damn sure I win the big ones.

Of course me and squinney rarely argue anymore, but we did in the beginning.
0 Replies

kittengirl

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:41 am
"as long as you're still getting laid let her have her little victory"

that made me laugh!!!
0 Replies