Love....and it's source!

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:19 pm
boomerang wrote:
It sounds like a lot of people you know, I imagine - every mother who loves their child, for example.

I don't think anyone deserves it - I think they earn it.

How does a baby earn your love....by what it becomes in the future? By what you get back from the child at some future point?

Or is the love we give it's own reward?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:23 pm
I think you earn the baby's love and as the baby grows into a child the love is returned in a million little ways.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:27 pm
Or, let's take the baby out of the equation --

I've been married to Mr. B for 15 years and we have been together for more than 20 years.

Every day we earn each other's love by being kind and considerate to each other, by thinking of how our actions will effect the other, by keeping our humor and affection during even rocky times.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:30 pm
boomerang wrote:
I think you earn the baby's love and as the baby grows into a child the love is returned in a million little ways.

And as the child grows into an adult and has a child of their own....the love increases and is multiplied. We give a little....and receive back many times over.

The heart(spirit) of man is designed to maginify whatever is in it.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:33 pm
boomerang wrote:
Or, let's take the baby out of the equation --

I've been married to Mr. B for 15 years and we have been together for more than 20 years.

Every day we earn each other's love by being kind and considerate to each other, by thinking of how our actions will effect the other, by keeping our humor and affection during even rocky times.

What would happen if one no longer showed kindness and consideration? Can one be truly kind and considerate without putting themselves into the shoes of another? By putting one's heart....into the heart of another?

Did man create or author love? Or did love exist before us...and we discovered it?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:42 pm
I think when it comes to raising children that we give more than we get back, and that's the way it should be, but that's another thread.

But that is really what I mean -- you TEACH a child how to give and recieve love - the practical application of what it means to love.

If one of us no longer showed kindness or consideration then love would stop. Have you seen that A2K thread "My husband love me but he's abusive"? I can't even read that title without getting a headache.

To me, people who think like that are guilty of believing in this whole cosmic emotion love like you seem to suggest exists.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:50 pm
If one of us no longer showed kindness or consideration then love would stop. Have you seen that A2K thread "My husband love me but he's abusive"? I can't even read that title without getting a headache.

To me, people who think like that are guilty of believing in this whole cosmic emotion love like you seem to suggest exists.

That's right...love cannot exist for ever in a place where love is cut off or choked out!

That's right...without you putting your heart in your husband(or your husband in your heart) and your husband's in yours.....there is no love, no true kindness or consideration!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:53 pm
"I think when it comes to raising children that we give more than we get back, and that's the way it should be, but that's another thread. "

I agree....our love is not sent out to our child because they earned it....but, because they need it!

The love we feel for others may not remain unless it is returned!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:00 pm
Bartikus wrote:

I cannot prove Love anymore than I can prove God because they are the source of life. We can only believe it.

Love is a gift because it cannot be earned or bought or traded.

..... Love only can be felt by the one who can give it. Love cannot be felt from the source in which it's received....it can only be BELIEVED!

How can we be the source or author of it? .....

There is no proof of Love either given or received it is all based on belief.

Yet it needs no proof....does it? We know it's real and know it's what makes life really worth living.

Nothing temporal or limited can author something that stands forever.

I don't get what you're saying now in the context of what you said before.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:09 pm
Bartikus wrote:

Quote:
I agree....our love is not sent out to our child because they earned it....but, because they need it!

The love we feel for others may not remain unless it is returned!

A lot of people say they love their children but they don't. I agree they need it but that doesn't mean that it is given.

My dad has been dead for several years now, he no longer returns my love. He died from Alzheimer's and he even forgot who I was.

I never stopped loving him even when he couldn't love me back.

I'll never stop loving the man that he was.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:15 pm
boomerang wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

I cannot prove Love anymore than I can prove God because they are the source of life. We can only believe it.

Love is a gift because it cannot be earned or bought or traded.

..... Love only can be felt by the one who can give it. Love cannot be felt from the source in which it's received....it can only be BELIEVED!

How can we be the source or author of it? .....

There is no proof of Love either given or received it is all based on belief.

Yet it needs no proof....does it? We know it's real and know it's what makes life really worth living.

Nothing temporal or limited can author something that stands forever.

I don't get what you're saying now in the context of what you said before.

No one as questioner said can fully know God...fully understand love...or fully know anything. We can only know or believe in part and hope for the best.

I hope for the best for us all. Whatever that may be.

It's above and beyond us all ! As it should be.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:20 pm
It is not above and beyond me.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:29 pm
boomerang wrote:
It is not above and beyond me.

What love? That is true as long as it remains with you and others. It is not beyond our spirits...just our minds to fully grasp.

I believe and hope Love will continue forever. I hope it will never be fully explained or understood by science or any other practice of man.(intellect)

Religion cannot do it either...

Love is a truly good thing that I can't get or give enough of.

Hate......I am so sick of seeing or feeling. One second of it makes me ill at times.

Yes...as bad as things can be at times....simple courtesy and respect can be seen a gems.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
Love is truly a good thing, on that we agree.

Where it "comes" from is where we differ.

If this is a topic that you are truly interested in, not just as a "God" topic I suggest you read some of the many neuroscience papers on attachment and bonding and limbic brain developement in infants.

Fascinating stuff. It removes a lot of the cosmic love notions.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:38 pm
boomerang wrote:
Love is truly a good thing, on that we agree.

Where it "comes" from is where we differ.

If this is a topic that you are truly interested in, not just as a "God" topic I suggest you read some of the many neuroscience papers on attachment and bonding and limbic brain developement in infants.

Fascinating stuff. It removes a lot of the cosmic love notions.

Does it come from a part of the brain that is considered...how can I say...the most ancient or basic part according to science?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/04/1088879368529.html

I think love remains cosmic....just as the cosmos does. Man is cosmic...life itself is. Awesome!

Does science really take the amazement out of things or does it make it even more remarkable than man ever could have dreamed?

Do our discoveries make us feel like mere children? lol

Are we humbled by it?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:53 pm
The more basic parts of the brain comprise the limbic system, yes.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
boomerang wrote:
The more basic parts of the brain comprise the limbic system, yes.

We are just now beginning to discover these things? Cool

Maybe someday man will know in his mind what his heart has felt to be true from the beginning!

I think a scripture says the physical world is but a mere clouded reflection or image of the spiritual!

The search for truth....will eventually bring us to it!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 03:09 pm
What would scientists say would happen if this system of the brain died or ceased to operate in man? Or never occured at all?

This is what the article explained!

Beam me up...scottie!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 03:14 pm
You wouldn't live at all - you'd be beyond brain dead, you'd be dead dead as parts of the limbic system control reflexes, respairation, heartbeat, etc.

On a higher level the limbic system controls emotion. The release of certain "stress" hormones during early development can forever complicate one's ablitly (yes, ability) to bond, or attach, or, dare I say it.... love.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 03:17 pm
boomerang wrote:
You wouldn't live at all - you'd be beyond brain dead, you'd be dead dead as parts of the limbic system control reflexes, respairation, heartbeat, etc.

On a higher level the limbic system controls emotion. The release of certain "stress" hormones during early development can forever complicate one's ablitly (yes, ability) to bond, or attach, or, dare I say it.... love.

This finding suggests that an important part of the reward we experience when we are romantically in love comes from understanding that another is in love with us.

It is intriguing that this brain area doesn't seem to be so important in parental love as it means that knowing our children don't reciprocate our feelings for them doesn't stop us loving them.

Thank God for that! We seem to resemble the image of God....in more ways than I thought.
0 Replies