Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,028 • Replies: 91
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:06 am
Actually, I agree with you!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:07 am
I had mentioned that all good things come from God....I will start with the best and do my best to show why.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:08 am
I am right there with you!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:09 am
Can one choose the Love they feel for another? Can one turn it on or off at the drop of a hat? Can I decide today to love my child and tomorrow decide to hate her?

Can love continue when I love for my own gain? Can I continue to Love another just to serve myself? Can a person Love because a law says to do so? Can a person stop loving because a law forbids it?

Can the threat of death cause a man to no longer Love another?

Can anything come against Love and prevail against it? If the one you Love makes clear they don't love you.....does your love really ever die?

When one truly loves you do you ever feel worthy and praised of it or are you humbled by it? Do you feel you have received what is due to you or that you have been given something you cannot earn?
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
It comes from the epiphany that we are not the only people in the world who is real.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:36 am
Yes....we are real. We all are familiar with either being loved or loving another or both.

Love is part of what makes us real. Love is real.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:39 am
Is Love conditional or is it your presence? Love is real yet we have no proof....no evidence.

How do you prove you Love someone? Could this 'proof' be discounted as something else? If your love is discounted by another as something other than love.....will you be convinced of it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:47 am
Re: Love....and it's source!
Bartikus wrote:
Love is a gift....it comes from God.

Really? Where is your evidence for this? Why do you believe this?

And why, in your opinion, did god give this gift to us?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:58 am
Where is the evidence of the Love you have for others? Where is the evidence you have been loved? Do you believe you have loved?

I cannot prove Love anymore than I can prove God because they are the source of life. We can only believe it.

God gave us Love for the sake of Love and for our sake. If you love your child....why do you give it? Do you want the ones you love to be able to receive it....and give it? Do you want their love to increase despite any pain it might bring? Would you want the ones you love to give up on love or lay hold to it till the end?

Is there anything greater man knows than Love? What price can be put on the Love you feel for others? How about the Love of a spouse?

Love is a gift because it cannot be earned or bought or traded.

Love is from God and is the nature of God because look at what we become when we have it! Look at it's effects on us. Look at it's nature and how it can make a 'dead' man feel alive again.(resurrection of spirit) Love only can be felt by the one who can give it. Love cannot be felt from the source in which it's received....it can only be BELIEVED!

How can we be the source or author of it? A man will give his life for that which he loves most.....no matter what it is! A man will not give his life for anything...if it is his life that matters most.

Some might say that Love is a chemical or electric signal in the brain and is therefore not real......then what is real?

There is no proof of Love either given or received it is all based on belief.

Yet it needs no proof....does it? We know it's real and know it's what makes life really worth living.

God gave this gift just as he gave himself. If God is the source...then Love is not even the true gift or the real treasure. Giving your love is giving of yourself!

If your child knows you love them...would your child say that your love or...YOU are the treasure? Both are of course but, which is greater? (the source) for without it...there is no love!

God gave his love as a gift the same reason you do.....so that others will believe and the Love will increase...so that life will take on new meaning and give hope to the hopeless. Comfort in a time of fear. Strength in the face of opposition. Joy in the midst of pain. A purpose worth fulfilling and a life worth living.

Nothing temporal or limited can author something that stands forever.

There is no greater love that a man can show than by laying his life down for another! Even for those who despise him......no....especially for them!

That's Jesus man! He loved us first.

Galations 5:22-23 But the fruits of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering(patience), gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The greatest of fruits is love because......love is what makes all the others possible! Love is the vine...the rest are it's branches.

I Am the Vine; You Are the Branches

John 15: 5

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3, v 16.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself.

Matthew 22, v 37-39.

God does not love as men do....he loves mankind perfectly in order for love to be perfected in us! God's love is forever...man's love...being imperfect....is'nt.

http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/john19.htm

http://www.rc.net/wcc/cross.htm

If we know what happens when we have love in us....it's not hard to see what happens when we don't!

Can you guess why I write this? Love for God...he asked me to (for he is the source and our father) Love for you (for ye are his child....just as I am) ....brother!

God's love will prevail over all things! No... I'm sorry.....it already has and forever will reign!

When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit (John 19:30).

A man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified (Galatians 2:16).
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:55 am
Bartikus,

Beautifully worded and written. Thank you for your post.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
The main reason religion exists is so that we have a method of explaining away the things Science can't currently tell us.

The origins and reasons for 'love' being one of them.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:04 am
Questioner,

But doesn't religion/God predate science?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
Bart; If God is a loving God, how do you explain human suffering?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:37 am
Your sentiments are, I'm sure heart-felt and noble but really, I think you're all wet.

Love IS earned. Every day.

There are a MILLION proofs of love.

Your notion of "love" is so simplistic that I'm having a really hard time even getting my thoughts in order so I'll let this serve as my bookmark until I cool off a bit.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Love is earned? I'm not sure what you mean by that Boomerang. When you get your thoughts together, can you elaborate on that, please.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:59 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Obviously. In the absence of adequate tools to gain answers, primitive man turns towards his own imagination to supply the info.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 11:07 am
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Obviously. In the absence of adequate tools to gain answers, primitive man turns towards his own imagination to supply the info.

Quote:
The main reason religion exists is so that we have a method of explaining away the things Science can't currently tell us.

Okay, I'm confused. So, you think religion was made up long ago in the absence of science to explain everything and when man progressed he then came up with science to explain everything?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 11:10 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Quote:

Okay, I'm confused. So, you think religion was made up long ago in the absence of science to explain everything and when man progressed he then came up with science to explain everything?

Essentially, yes.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 11:13 am
Re: Love....and it's source!
Bartikus wrote:
Love is a gift....it comes from God.

Where do you think it comes from? Why?

I try not to give it a heck of a lot of thought....it exists or doesn't exist according to whether or not one wants it to and it only comes from God if one believes in God.
0 Replies