Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:16 pm
Quote:
"outright lies about wiretaps"?

Hmmmm...

Quote:
When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so."

- President Bush, April 2004, nearly three years after he authorized secret domestic surveillance by the NSA without court orders or warrants.

That was a direct lie.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:19 pm
I should throw in my standard disclaimer here--the Shrub, politically speaking, is a c*nt, in fact, his performance is such that it tends to being c*nts into disrepute--however, he ain't no way, never gonna get impeached.

To be impeached means to be indicted. The House must bring in a bill of impeachment--the bought-and-paid-for, Republican House . . . it ain'ta gonna happen . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:21 pm
Never say never...stranger things have happpened.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
It that is addressed to me, please note that i did not say never . . . but, it ain'ta gonna happen . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
It that is addressed to me, please note that i did not say never . . . but, it ain'ta gonna happen . . .

You know good and well it was addressed to you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:31 pm
You wanna step outside, tough guy?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
Sure...after you....

(Hope I can shut the door fast enough once you're out there)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
Yomamma
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:46 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
"outright lies about wiretaps"?

Hmmmm...

Quote:
When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so."

- President Bush, April 2004, nearly three years after he authorized secret domestic surveillance by the NSA without court orders or warrants.

That was a direct lie.

Cycloptichorn

No, that is how you keep a secret government program designed to gather intelligence against terrorist organizations secret.

You do understand the concept of a secret, right?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:00 pm
If it's an impeachable offense to lie to the press then every president since Washinton should have been impeached. They shouldn't have even asked Clinton if he had sex with Monica. That's no one's business. No one got hurt. But when your lies lead to the deaths of a hundred thousand that's another matter.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:19 pm
Quote:

No, that is how you keep a secret government program designed to gather intelligence against terrorist organizations secret.

Oh, yes. Here's how you keep things secret:

Quote:
I can't talk about the subject, because it has to be kept secret in the pursuit of national defense.

You don't lie and say the opposite. It misleads people.

I note that you specifically did not deny that it was a lie. Do you deny that he was lying, for whatever reason?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:31 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Sure. That's like when a man says he's not having sex with someone so that he can keep his affair a secret from his wife.

Not a lie, just keeping a secret, right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:56 pm
Quote, "No, that is how you keep a secret government program designed to gather intelligence against terrorist organizations secret."

McG thinks everybody is so stupid that only the terrorists doesn't know that intelligence agencies all over world perform wiretaps.

This, while our CIA kept their cellphones on in Italy while performing intelligence work.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:57 pm
As the saying goes, there's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 04:11 pm
If the 2006 elections go the way of the Democrats (and that's not guaranteed), the possibility of Bush's impeachment is more likely. I think it is important that he go down in disgracein order to deflate his efforts to "kill the beast," i.e., to eliminate the benefits to the majority of Americans of Roosevelt's (and Johnson's) humane programs and policies.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:25 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Sure. That's like when a man says he's not having sex with someone so that he can keep his affair a secret from his wife.

Not a lie, just keeping a secret, right?

Do you consider national security the equivalent of an extra-marital affair?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:34 pm
McG tries to compare apples and oranges by his question about "secrecy." No logic, no common sense, and no comparison.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:39 pm
McG: do you specifically deny that Bush was lying in this case?

Just asking

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:49 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
McG tries to compare apples and oranges by his question about "secrecy." No logic, no common sense, and no comparison.

That was Joefromchicago making the comparison C.I.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 05:55 pm
No, McG, you're the one trying to make a comparison between national security and a extra-marital affair. That has no bearing on Bush's lies about wiretapping - the topic of this thread. Like I said; no logic, no common sense, and no comparison.
0 Replies