Parting of the Red sea?

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 03:03 pm
Wolf_ODonnell Wrote:

Quote:
Seeing this particular sentence confuses me greatly. What are you referring to, may I ask?

Sure, Wolf, actually, I am glad you did ask.

Christianity to me is all about loving one another and taking care of each other. It's hard for me to understand how others can't see Jesus the way I do, but I understand we all have our own understanding.

Then I visit a Christian chatroom expecting to talk about Jesus and the Bible. Well, I had to ask if I was in the right room. There were people in there calling each other devils, false prophets, etc., all in the name of God and what the Bible says.

I watched this movie recently. It was called The Kingdom of Heaven. It was about the Crusades. It was a wonderful movie. It told of the Christian side, the Muslim side, and then the Kingdom of Heaven side. The Kingdom of Heaven was what people had in their hearts for the Lord. The real Christianity. How can I expect a non-believer today to understand that when most of what they see is the Crusader type of Christianity? I can't and that saddens me.

Unfortunately, the Christianity that is in the limelight today is not the Christianity I believe in. But, if those Christians that are practicing the Christianity I believe in, we are then told we aren't supposed to be in the public eye. It's kind of frustrating. So, all I can do is hope and pray that the real Christianity will someday be what people actually see and pay attention to instead of the "Christianity at all costs" doctrine. The Kingdom of Heaven is truly in our hearts, it is not in this world.

I hope that helped. If you have any other questions, Wolf, just ask.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:13 pm
Quote:
It would prove that those of faith have not had hope and faith in vain. Of course, this would only be of interest to those who scorn the believer.

Very true.
0 Replies