Parting of the Red sea?

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:46 am
I didn't say they weren't insightful. I said they weren't written by the true disciples of Christ.

I need to get to bed. I have enjoyed our discussion today. Catch you tomorrow.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:47 am
ok. g'night.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:47 am
Anyone else out there?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:07 am
Hmmm...echi. I have noticed you are a naturally curious person indeed.

Tell ya what, when we make it to Heaven, you can ask him, ok?

Wanda
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:09 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Hmmm...echi. I have noticed you are a naturally curious person indeed.

Tell ya what, when we make it to Heaven, you can ask him, ok?

Wanda

That's a joke, right?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:10 am
I use to read other books such as these echi, but have found them to be false. It seems easy to pick up the deception in them.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:10 am
Are you mixing up the threads?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:11 am
Nope, not a joke. Why you ask?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:11 am
I'm the other one wrote:
I use to read other books such as these echi, but have found them to be false. It seems easy to pick up the deception in them.

Deception, eh. Like what?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:13 am
Like Jesus being married, having kids, etc...

Like we are not suppose to worry about the lost souls in the world...

just 2 off the top of my head.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:17 am
I've never seen those. Do you remember what books they're from, 'cause I'm pretty sure they're not in any of them (at least none in the Nag Hammadi Library).
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:18 am
You're right echi, they aren't in those.

I'll be able to tell you once I find them.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 03:43 am
....Someone's been reading Dan Brown, methinks.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 03:54 am
I always thought it odd that the Egyptians have left no record of the Biblical account of the Jews and Moses. They left extensive historical records of their history over thousands of years, but not a peep about the Jews exodus, the plagues or the parting of the red sea. We only have the Biblical account. There is good historical evidence that Jesus was a real person (wheter or not you believe in the miracles) from outside sources, but why did the Egyptians ignore what must have been pretty big events at the time?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 04:24 am
A very good point, GW.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:05 am
A good point except for the allegation that there is good corroborative evidence for Hey-Zeus . . . ain't no sucha thing . . .

GW has a very telling point in that the old dodger Eusebius (flourished in the early 4th century) identifies Ramses II as the pharaoh at the time of the exodus. Ramses was one pharaoh about whom a great many records survive--but no parting of the Red Sea, no drowning army.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
A good point except for the allegation that there is good corroborative evidence for Hey-Zeus . . . ain't no sucha thing . . .

GW has a very telling point in that the old dodger Eusebius (flourished in the early 4th century) identifies Ramses II as the pharaoh at the time of the exodus. Ramses was one pharaoh about whom a great many records survive--but no parting of the Red Sea, no drowning army.

Mr. Setanta,

Good morning, Mr. Setanta! How are you this fine morning, sir?http://www.smileys.ws/smls/nature/00000001.gif It's a bit rainy here in Louisiana today.

Mr. Setanta, isn't it true that things were often stricken from recordshttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/ban.gif Weren't there times the pharoahs and others would decree that a name was never to be spoken again or it was to be expunged from all records? Question I am not 100% positive of that but I heard it somewhere. :wink:

Also Mr. Setanta, do you really think that the Egyptians (who still didn't believe in God) after the Exodus, would actually write all that down? Don't you think it's possible they would leave it out for fear others might then beleive and turn from the ways of the Egyptians?http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/juggle.gif

I don't think that Noah's ark, the Garden of Eden, etc., will ever be found. Christianity is based on faith in God and not proof of God.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/gathering.gif

I hope you have a great day Mr. Setanta.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
Has anyone read Israel Finkelstein's "Bible Unearthed"? (I got the title wrong in my Bible Maximists vs. Bible Minimists thread).

I think it describes how there is no archaelogical evidence for Solomon's Empire ever having existed and suggests that the Old Testament was compiled as a result of the King of Judah's political ambition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history

And yes, MA is right. Most of Christianity is based on belief in God, although, I would argue that it is or at least should be less based on a belief in God and more how one acts to one's fellow man. One's belief in God shouldn't be that important.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:29 pm
Actually Wolf, Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born, crucified for the sins of man, buried and ressurrected on the third day.

His teachings are what we are supposed to be following. So, yes, we should be acting the way Christ would.

I do understand how those that do not believe in God/Jesus have some of the feelings they do. It's hard not to understand. I see some of the same things they do and it saddens me greatly.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Actually Wolf, Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born, crucified for the sins of man, buried and ressurrected on the third day.

That isn't necessarily true. The best description I'd say is that Christianity is based on the belief that there is one God and that Jesus was crucial to the establishment of Christianity as a religion.

After all, there are some Christian movements out there that do not believe Christ is the Son of God. There are those who believe he is a part of God, there are others that believe he isn't a part of God, there are those who believe his crucification had nothing to do with the sins of man but more to do with the sin of one particular man.

But yeah, your viewpoint is understandable.

Quote:
I see some of the same things they do and it saddens me greatly.

Seeing this particular sentence confuses me greatly. What are you referring to, may I ask?
0 Replies