I'll keep pooping until you stop trying to make me nap....

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
thats what I think it is .

nap time not needed

Yesterday was my first complete day with out trying to give her a nap of some kind and , yeah, she had a bit of a melt down about 4 or so..
I put on Mister Rogers, sat her in my lap and we quietly watched..
When it was over, she was back to her normal bouncy self. No nap needed.
So I think, about " melt down time" , I will make it a short movie , or book reading time so she can just sit still and re group for about 30 minutes or so. Give her a chance for some needed quiet time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:39 am
Yep, good idea. I remember that was part of how we handled no-nap days, just hanging out quietly during usual nap time, reading or whatever. Mister Rogers sounds perfect.

Now the trick is to figure out which days are no-nap days and which days she really needs them! I had some sort of 20-minute rule of thumb, I think -- try to get her to sleep for 20 minutes, and if it ain't happening, it ain't happening (and we still had 20 minutes of quiet time).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 01:04 pm
hmm.. good suggestion.

so far, I know for a fact -park days- lots of running and screaming.. end in nap time.

other days.. ehh.. if she wants to .
0 Replies