why reject jesus what do you got to lose

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 11:52 pm
Pah!

Logic matters or it doesn't. Never the twain meet, speaking of mark.

I think much of the discussion here is fruitless, given the natural divisions, which I understand from both sides now...
though I am on the a-theistic plane myself.

I think that only people who spent a lot of time delineating the whys of their faith, as I did, long ago, in the halls of reason, could be reached by the points of view of the reasoning doubters. The belief no matter whatters won't engage.

People who are belief clingers... which I don't mean to be a snotty adjectival phrase... won't grasp the hook of questioning, usually. I say usually, in that theologians will grasp the hook and argue more.

Personally, I'd rather see some serious theology here than the usual I believe, you don't stuff. Hans Kung, where are you?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:09 am
Don't go mixing up threads MA.

In this thread we are discussing the acception/rejection of jesus
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:10 am
Oh Doktor S, I am so sorry! I did cross threads, didn't I?

Don't pay attention to me. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:10 am
Quote:
That is what we are talking about, I'm the other one. Doktor S says he is a Satanist and he is a god.

Ah, explains the red eye thingy going on. :wink:

I used to be friends with a Satanist for a short time. I had no idea he was one til he told me and got out all his stuff'. Shocked

LOL, I s'pose I should elaborate on 'stuff'...books, pentegrams, other items and the like.

Wanda
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:13 am
I was friends with a christian once. When I found out I promply sacrificed him to the devil.
whew..that was a close one.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:15 am
Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:37 am
Good work, Doctor S . . . with a good, full bodied red i hope . . .
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:50 am
How can u possibly dedicate your life, dedicate effort time money to something that u cant prove?
Religons are based on the fact that they cant be disproved. I have my time to lose by embracing jesus.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:42 pm
RaceDriver205,

Welcome to A2K! I hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

My time is not wasted by embracing Jesus. It has changed my life.

Is it a waste of time for doing something to make themselves become a better person? Don't you do thinks to make yourself a better person? It's not a waste of time to you, is it?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:11 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
RaceDriver205,

Welcome to A2K! I hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

My time is not wasted by embracing Jesus. It has changed my life.

Is it a waste of time for doing something to make themselves become a better person? Don't you do thinks to make yourself a better person? It's not a waste of time to you, is it?

You can be a better person without embracing Jesus. His message is not isolated to just Christianity. His preachings are also present in a certain form within Buddhism, which neither acknowledges nor disavows the existence of any particular god.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:15 pm
True Wolf, I didn't mean to imply any differently. I was just explaining why I embrace Jesus and His teachings.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
True Wolf, I didn't mean to imply any differently. I was just explaining why I embrace Jesus and His teachings.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

There's no misunderstanding, so you need not apologise. I was just pointing something out, that's all. In the hectic rush to post, I'm sure everyone forgets to say something.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:31 pm
Thank you, Wolf. I do try to not paint with a wide brush.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:27 pm
Quote:

I was friends with a christian once. When I found out I promply sacrificed him to the devil.
whew..that was a close one.

The he didn't go to the devil.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:44 pm
Momma,

I was trying to think of the verse that reminded me of the godliness in this world.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying its power. And from such people, turn away!"

Shocked
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:47 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
2 Timothy 3:1-5
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying its power. And from such people, turn away!"

Shocked

Funny thing is, this describes man in just about every era from the time this was written till today.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:48 pm
Questioner,

That is true but don't you think it is far more widespread today?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
All that millenarian crap goes in for that kind of ****--wars and rumors of war, pestilence, famine, earthquake, fires, floods, cats and dogs living together . . . kinda helps to sucker the rubes if you give them something they can point to and say: "See, see . . . just like it was written in this here book . . ."

To date, there have been literally hundreds of millenarian sects and movements, and they are all still waiting on the second coming . . . most have died without experiencing the rapture, however . . .
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

That is true but don't you think it is far more widespread today?

Dunno. There's quite a few more folks running about these days, so that could account for any apparent increase. To be honest though, those traits are, and have always been largely in abundance.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:52 pm
Questioner,

I can agree up to a point. It just seems that more of what was not accepted in years past has become socially acceptable?
0 Replies