why reject jesus what do you got to lose

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:21 pm
partyjohn wrote:
me and my sister is new here but we will catch on.

Just don't take anything too personally and make sure you are ready to defend your point of view and you will do fine. Most of us only attack the idea, not the person. If you feel like someone is attacking YOU personally, ask and get clarification. 99% of the time, they aren't attacking you but are attacking your idea. Which is the baseline of debate; challenging someone elses opinion.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:52 pm
hey partyjohn yer from the show-me state! welcome to A2K
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:53 pm
I wanna know when that joker is gonna pay me the four bucks he owes me ! ! !
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 09:38 pm
Probably when you give Him what you owe Him?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 09:50 pm
The Bible is full of contradictions. Christians love to quote the Prophet Isaiah about "unto us a child is born", "Prince of Peace" and all that good stuff. But Jesus also fits other parts of Isaiah that is not flattering:

Here is an example of the Bible where you can twist it to your liking. Bible thumpers have selected verses to interprete their prejudices for ages.
I like Christians but I have worries about the Bible Thumpers so below is forthose Thumpers.

Reference: King James Version

Isaiah 14:
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart,
a) I will ascend into heaven,
b) I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
c) I will sit also upon the mount of the Congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 d)I will ascend above the heights of the clouds:
e)I will be like the most High.

COMPARISON:

OLD TESTAMENT
1) Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
(Note: Lucifer is Latin for bright.)

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (How arrogant, naming himself after such a lustrous heavenly body!)

OLD TESTAMENT
2) Isaiah 14:13 I will ascend into heaven

NEW TESTAMENT
Luke 24:51
And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. Mark 16:19
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

OLD TESTAMENT
3) Isaiah 14:13
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

The stars of God are the Israelites. (See Numbers 24:17 "...there shall come a Star out of Jacob,...")

Genesis 15:5
And he brought him forth abroad, and said,
Look now towards heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him,
So shall thy seed be.

Deuteronomy 10:22
Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons, and now the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

NEW TESTAMENT
Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his the glory, ye also shall sit upon thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

OLD TESTAMENT
4) Isaiah 14:13
I will sit also upon the mount of the Congregation, in the sides of the north.
[Note:
a) Mt. Ophel, just south of the Temple Mount, has been identified as Mt. Zion. Jesus as a child sat in the Temple.
b) Location of the Last Supper is just north of (Mt. Zion?)]

Psalm 48:2
Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

NEW TESTAMENT
Luke 2:46
And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

Matthew 26:20
Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

Luke 22:14
And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

5) Isaiah 14:14
I will be like the most High.

God says He is the first and the last in the following passages:-

OLD TESTAMENT
Isaiah 41:4
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus says that he is the first and the last in the following passages:-

Revelation 1:11
Saying, I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and untoLaodicea.

Revelation 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

God's garments are sprinkled with blood in the following passage:-

OLD TESTAMENT
Isaiah 63:3
I have trodden the wine press alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Jesus' garment is dipped in blood in the following passage:-

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

OLD TESTAMENT
In Isaiah, new heavens and new earth are mentioned in the following passage:-

Isaiah 66:22
For as the new heavens and new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

NEW TESTAMENT
In Revelation, a new heaven and a new earth are mentioned in the following passage:-

Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.

OLD TESTAMENT
God is the bridegroom of His people in the following:-

Isaiah 62:5
For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus is the bridegroom of his followers in the following:-

Matthew 9:15
And Jesus said unto them, Can the chilren of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and shall they fast.

Mark 2:19.
And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
20. But the days will come, while the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Luke 5:34.
And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridegroom fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
35. But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Revelation 19:7.
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Revelation 20:9.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Isaiah 14:19
"But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch,..."
Note: The image of Jesus on the cross confirms it for there is no gravesite of him.

Jesus fits the descriptions of Lucifer almost to a T.
So is Jesus God or Lucifer?

Christians quote that Jesus sits at the right hand of God but Isaiah in 45:5 says "I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me:" and reject this same Isaiah that they so joyfully quote as long as it fits their beliefs and reject it if it does not fit it. So the Bible is useless as it says things from both sides of its mouth.

Accepting Jesus might not be good for your health. If he is Lucifer then you are welsome to his parlor.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:23 pm
talk72000 wrote:
. . . Accepting Jesus might not be good for your health. If he is Lucifer then you are welsome to his parlor.
Yeah, but he's not.

Your research is sloppy.

The Hebrew word Heh·lel' (translated 'shining one' or 'lucifer' ) is not a name or a title but, rather, a term describing the boastful position taken by Babylon's dynasty of kings of the line of Nebuchadnezzar. (Isaiah 14:4-21)

Babylon, a tool of Satan, represented his desire.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:28 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

I owe "him" nothing . . . and once again, don't try to foist your goddamned superstitions off on me . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

I owe "him" nothing . . . and once again, don't try to foist your goddamned superstitions off on me . . .

Mr. Setanta,

I was speaking of respect, Mr. Setanta. Everyone is due some modicum of respect. :wink:

I respectfully ask you to please not using God's name that way, Mr. Setanta.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/console.gif It is highly offensive to me and to plenty of others.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:45 pm
The issue of what is or is not offensive to you is not a matter of any importance to me. No one is "due" respect. Respect is something which is earned. Another person's imaginary friend cannot, by definition, earn any respect from me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:46 pm
Setanta wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

OK, let me get this straight:

You say Jesus owes you four bucks for what, a sandwich?

MA say you owe Jesus something, I don't know what.

But MA is superstitious and you are not?

Superstitious about what?

I know this is drivel, but the whole thread is, you know, like upside down cake.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:51 pm
Dribble . . . upsidedown cake would dribble . . .

There was another thread in which the silliness lead to a fictive allegation that Jesus had borrowed four bucks from me, and then absconded without paying, and having eaten a good deal of food which he had not replaced. Therefore, the first reference was to that silliness.

Then MOAN comes along with her typical sanctimonious and phony crap, and tries to make another of her dull-witted christians lessons of absurdities which are not addressed to her and have no reference to her. Her theology is about as deep as a mud puddle at noon on a July day in West Texas in bright sunshine. Therefore, as she was simple-minded enough as to let me know what really offends her, i take the opportunity to do so every time she trips in like some religiously fanatical Dorothy who just missed having a house dropped on her . . .
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:54 pm
Ma,
What is disrespectful about god damn? After all damning is one of biblegods most well known activities.http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6963/mongeravphp3dq.gif
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:55 pm
Setanta wrote:
Dribble . . . upsidedown cake would dribble . . .

There was another thread in which the silliness lead to a fictive allegation that Jesus had borrowed four bucks from me, and then absconded without paying, and having eaten a good deal of food which he had not replaced. Therefore, the first reference was to that silliness.

Then MOAN comes along with her typical sanctimonious and phony crap, and tries to make another of her dull-witted christians lessons of absurdities which are not addressed to her and have no reference to her. Her theology is about as deep as a mud puddle at noon on a July day in West Texas in bright sunshine. Therefore, as she was simple-minded enough as to let me know what really offends her, i take the opportunity to do so every time she trips in like some religiously fanatical Dorothy who just missed having a house dropped on her . . .

Mr. Setanta,

And just how deep is a mud puddle at noon on a July day in West Texas in bright sunshine Question

Is that a trick question?http://www.smileys.ws/smls/grinning/00000037.gif
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:17 pm
Nebuchadrezzar is only a guess. This passage is stolen from the Ugarit site of a pantheistic mythology where Helel is son of Sharar which I mentioned in another thread.

But Revelation independently identified Jesus as Lucifer or Helel (TheShining One). Gods in those days were indentified by the heavenly bodies such as the sun, moons, stars and planets such as Venus, the Morning Star.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:39 pm
neologist wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

OK, let me get this straight:

You say Jesus owes you four bucks for what, a sandwich?

MA say you owe Jesus something, I don't know what.

But MA is superstitious and you are not?

Superstitious about what?

I know this is drivel, but the whole thread is, you know, like upside down cake.

No,
This whole thread is more like a turtlehead.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 01:16 am
Back to the original question: which Jesus?

I've been shown a lot of different versions of Jesus; they all claim that the other Jesuses aren't the true Jesus.

So it sounds to me like you've rejected Jesus, too.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:01 am
According to the Bahai' faith, Jesus has already come again and gone!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:05 am
Oh, Christ!
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 03:35 am
Stevepax wrote:
According to the Bahai' faith, Jesus has already come again and gone!

I've yet to be convinced he came at all....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
I haven't read all the responses however, to answer your question. I can and do believe there is a God, at least I fervently hope there is and that our brief time on earth is not all there is. However, as to Jesus there is no way he was and that is if he even existed anything more than a man. The story of Jesus and his miracles is the hoax of the ages.
0 Replies