America... Spying on Americans

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:43 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Do we know that these airport screenings are legal, cyclops? I have never heard of anybody proving they are. In fact, just as Bush's actions were controversial, so is airport security. Should we impeach Obama now over this? See the following:
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/aclu_gets_400_complaints_about_airport_security_experts_divided_on_suits/
"Experts Divided on Constitutionality of New Airport Screening Procedures"

Uh, what? I believe that airport screenings have been going on for rather longer than Obama has been in office. It isn't as if metal detectors and pat-downs are a new thing, or even something HE proposed. The plans to buy and install these machines were put in place several years ago by Chertoff - I don't even know if Obama was a Senator then!

So, yeah. Not so much.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I never once have visited a moveon.org site, I don't get their emails, and I don't give them money. Cycloptichorn

How about Daily kos, slate, salon.com, Think Progress, or sites like that, parados? Speaking of emails, good thought, do you get email updates from any organization? If you care whether I do or not, I don't. I check out the news for myself from various sources. I have even been known to listen to Ed Shultz on the radio for upwards of a half hour. I managed to even keep from barfing.
djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:55 am
@okie,
i never check any of the news sites, i make up all my facts, based solely on my own opinions, and since i'm convinced that all politicians are soul sucking scum, i can engage in political debate with complete honesty and non bias

take that party political folks
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:55 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Uh, what? I believe that airport screenings have been going on for rather longer than Obama has been in office. It isn't as if metal detectors and pat-downs are a new thing, or even something HE proposed. The plans to buy and install these machines were put in place several years ago by Chertoff - I don't even know if Obama was a Senator then!
So, yeah. Not so much.
Cycloptichorn

Maybe you do not realize it, cyclops, but many presidents did things under the presidential power to protect the country. In fact, FDR even rounded up over a hundred thousand American citizens and placed them in concentration camps around the country. And he took their property in the process. Yet some of your fellow Dems consider him the greatest president in history. That seems far more serious than anything minor with a phone call, doesn't it? Even Lincoln arrested reporters for sedition. Do you have the honesty of trying to consider just a tiny bit of context?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:56 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
I never once have visited a moveon.org site, I don't get their emails, and I don't give them money. Cycloptichorn

How about Daily kos, slate, salon.com, Think Progress, or sites like that, parados?

You aren't talking to Parados. You are talking to Cycloptichorn.

More so, I don't think that those sites (other than Think Progress) are Soros-funded. Even more so, I don't give a **** if they are, because it doesn't mean anything at all. Since when are rich folks, in your opinion, not allowed to spend money on people who agree with them? The entire right-wing media is funded in exactly this fashion.

Quote:
Speaking of emails, good thought, do you get email updates from any organization? If you care whether I do or not, I don't. I check out the news for myself from various sources. I have even been known to listen to Ed Shultz on the radio for upwards of a half hour. I managed to keep from barfing even.

I read upwards of a dozen news sites and weblogs every single day. I gather information from both Right and Left sources to make my own decisions on matters. I don't get any email updates of news from anyone at all, nor am I interested in them.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
How about Daily kos, slate, salon.com, Think Progress, or sites like that, parados?
My most sincere apologies, cyclops. I have gotten used to debating both of you, and I think my typing went into auto mode by typing parados.
Quote:
More so, I don't think that those sites (other than Think Progress) are Soros-funded. Even more so, I don't give a **** if they are, because it doesn't mean anything at all. Since when are rich folks, in your opinion, not allowed to spend money on people who agree with them? The entire right-wing media is funded in exactly this fashion.
I could be wrong, but I don't know of anybody on the scale of Soros on the Republican side. In regard to Limbaugh, the guy got to where he is by working all the way from the bottom of the heap, because he found resonance or gave a voice to the conservative masses out here. A bunch of liberals have tried to find the same success, and have even been funded by others, but they have been complete flops I think.
Think of the dozens of successful conservative talk hosts, I can name a few. Limbaugh, Hannity, Michael Medved, Beck, I can't begin to name them all, cyclops. They are popular because they talk basic common sense, mostly anyway. They don't always agree with me, or me with them, but far better than an Ed Shultz, thats for sure.
Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of emails, good thought, do you get email updates from any organization? If you care whether I do or not, I don't. I check out the news for myself from various sources. I have even been known to listen to Ed Shultz on the radio for upwards of a half hour. I managed to keep from barfing even.
I read upwards of a dozen news sites and weblogs every single day. I gather information from both Right and Left sources to make my own decisions on matters. I don't get any email updates of news from anyone at all, nor am I interested in them.
Cycloptichorn
Congrats. I think there might still be hope for ya.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Tomeyto, tomuhto. Laughing
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:28 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Tomeyto, tomuhto. Laughing

I'm not at all embarrassed to be mistaken for Parados, for he is one of the smartest and sharpest posters here on a lot of issues. I take your comment as a compliment.

Cycloptichorn
Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I take your comment as a compliment.

Works for me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:30 pm
@Thomas,
Now, that was funny! Mr. Green
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm not at all embarrassed to be mistaken for Parados, for he is one of the smartest and sharpest posters here on a lot of issues. I take your comment as a compliment.
Cycloptichorn
Uh, cyclops, or parados?, you didn't do yourself any good with that comment, I can tell you that. Did you also grow up on a farm and milk cows twice a day from the age of 7 to age 16? And did you and your brother, if you had one like parados, did you at ages 8 and 9 run the hay baler and stack bales too, just the two of you?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:33 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Cycloptichorn
Uh, cyclops, or parados?, you didn't do yourself any good with that comment, I can tell you that. Did you also grow up on a farm and milk cows twice a day from the age of 7 to age 16? And did you and your brother, if you had one like parados, did you at ages 8 and 9 run the hay baler and stack bales too, just the two of you?

A farm? I'm a city boy, Okie Laughing

I know you guys are in a pissing match over farming stuff, but I don't know **** about that so can't comment on it. But he regularly cleans your clock when it comes to economic and legal issues, because he knows a lot about those topics, and you don't. He links to persuasive evidence to back his arguments up, and you generally don't. Simple as that.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 12:34 pm
@okie,
I can conclude that growing up on a farm can be detrimental to mental health.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I know you guys are in a pissing match over farming stuff, but I don't know **** about that so can't comment on it. Cycloptichorn
Why should that stop you, cyclops? That would be a first wouldn't it, to let something like that stop you? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies