New Year's Attack?

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:39 pm
Does anyone ever think about terrorists targeting American sporting events? I remember after 9-11 they were seriously considering cancelling games because of the threat of a terrorist attack. The reason I ask is I work for Showtime and have been watching their new series, Sleeper Cell, and sports venues are a very likely target! I know it is just a tv show but its worth discussing because I do believe there are definetelly these sleeper cells here in America now. They could kill alot of people all in one shot and take out major sports figures because afterall, Americans idolize these athletes! With the Rose Bowl right around the corner I'm sure I'm not the only one kind of worried right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 457 • Replies: 3
No top replies

babsatamelia

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:26 pm
Frankly, I don't believe in "terrorists" at all. Nor do I think that 9/11 was an accident. How could a government (an extremely greedy and dangerous government) possibly mobilize this apathetic multitude of people, galvanize public opinion enough to warrant spending billions $$$$$ overseas while striking fear into the heart of Americans. Not an easy task. We, my friends are the ants in the backyard. How much do you care about the millions of ants in YOUR yard? Not much, I bet. I sure don't. In fact they are a nuisance that I do my level best to get rid of. You and I, Rolling Eyes WE are the ants, we are expendable. Wars are no longer fought by rich and poor alike. Not since WWII. Now, most of the poor shmucks come from towns you never heard of. They have
the very minimum of education, due to school systems that are falling apart. America was always a country that believed in minding our own business. Let the rest of the world do as it pleases, but HERE, ON OUR SOIL, WE ALWAYS did what was right for the American citizen. Take care of our people FIRST - FIRST - FIRST !!! Pearl Harbor AND 9/11 have more than a few things in common. They both are methodical ways of mobilizing propaganda. Am I saying that they didn't happen? Hell no, they happened alright. What I am also saying is that in BOTH cases OUR OWN GOVERNMENT KNEW THAT CERTAIN EVENTS WERE COMING; YET THEY SAID AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PREVENT THE TRAGEDY, ONE THAT WAS SURE TO STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF AMERICANS. Why would anyone find that so strange. Given that WE ARE THE ANTS!! You may think that I'm a paranoid nutcase, and I accept that. But, ever since Pres. Kennedy was shot with one single bullet, that then proceeded to travel to numerous places all over his body, I don't know, but I have always been just a little suspicious of the exact nature of what is going on in government of the HOME OF THE BRAVE.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 09:20 am
I'm more worried about the fact that I don't have health insurance and now they want to destroy social security and medicare.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 08:44 am
babsatamelia wrote:
Frankly, I don't believe in "terrorists" at all. Nor do I think that 9/11 was an accident. How could a government (an extremely greedy and dangerous government) possibly mobilize this apathetic multitude of people, galvanize public opinion enough to warrant spending billions $$$$$ overseas while striking fear into the heart of Americans. Not an easy task. We, my friends are the ants in the backyard. How much do you care about the millions of ants in YOUR yard? Not much, I bet. I sure don't. In fact they are a nuisance that I do my level best to get rid of. You and I, Rolling Eyes WE are the ants, we are expendable. Wars are no longer fought by rich and poor alike. Not since WWII. Now, most of the poor shmucks come from towns you never heard of. They have
the very minimum of education, due to school systems that are falling apart. America was always a country that believed in minding our own business. Let the rest of the world do as it pleases, but HERE, ON OUR SOIL, WE ALWAYS did what was right for the American citizen. Take care of our people FIRST - FIRST - FIRST !!! Pearl Harbor AND 9/11 have more than a few things in common. They both are methodical ways of mobilizing propaganda. Am I saying that they didn't happen? Hell no, they happened alright. What I am also saying is that in BOTH cases OUR OWN GOVERNMENT KNEW THAT CERTAIN EVENTS WERE COMING; YET THEY SAID AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PREVENT THE TRAGEDY, ONE THAT WAS SURE TO STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF AMERICANS. Why would anyone find that so strange. Given that WE ARE THE ANTS!! You may think that I'm a paranoid nutcase, and I accept that. But, ever since Pres. Kennedy was shot with one single bullet, that then proceeded to travel to numerous places all over his body, I don't know, but I have always been just a little suspicious of the exact nature of what is going on in government of the HOME OF THE BRAVE.

You don't need to "believe" in terrorists, they believe in you pal. Regardless of the involvement of the US government in certain events(which I think is far less than you would have us believe) there are still real terrorists who intend to do harm to the US.
0 Replies