So be good for goodness sake....

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 09:37 am
Oh interesting that you thought of Winnie right away, Swimpy!

I agree with what you're saying about the gimme-gimme Christmas. We really try to avoid that at this house.

I will look for some other Christmas stories -- looking through Mo's bookself I see "Santa Cows" and "Santa Mouse" and a kind of weird Christmas vocabulary type book that someone gave him a few years ago where Santa and the elves and the workshop seem to be the central words to learn!

Maybe I'll get a Chaunnakah story - that is a really nice story!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:23 am
Little more time this post, but not much.

I'd praise Mo for seeing the impossibilities of that particular Santa myth.

After all, even with computers, Santa is not a baby-raper and even if he were....

No one, not Winnie, not Santa, not his blood kin, can come into your house at any time of the day or night without alerting those big, brave dogs who would hold the intruder at bay until you or Mr. B. rode to the rescue.

Dealing with original developing minds is such fun.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:49 am
Ooh, really good point in the fourth sentence.

We just read "Peter Spier's Christmas", it's beautifully illustrated, tons to look at, all about what one family does over the holiday. Santa isn't actually much of a presence except for decorations in the background here and there. It's a bit white, middle-class, and Christian -- nativity scenes, they go to Christmas eve mass -- but it's a nice book.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:56 am
phooey
I thought I'd posted a coupla questions in here yesterday.

What has Mo thought about Santa in previous years?

Seems to me that he's the age that most kids start to doubt the whole Santa thing, and question question question details details details. I'd always thought it was because most 4 and 5 year olds I've known/know were/are in school - and the doubt would be passing down through the family and across the classroom. Maybe Mo's just going through the normal doubt without classmates to bounce it off of <well, you're his classmate, boomer, but it's not quite the same>.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 12:07 pm
Stevepax wrote:
DrewDad, That avatar looks like an organ transplant run amok Smile

You should talk, nut bug.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 12:20 pm
I think my avatar is great! I'm here to "bug" the rightwingers :wink:
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 03:40 pm
LOL I'm sorry for laughing but that is kind of funny. He is a very smart lil boy. At his age I would of never got that part of santa hehe, make sure you don't sing rock a by baby lol that one kind of has a violet tone too hehe. Can just imagine the questions to that. Why is the baby in the tree? lol. HUgggggssss good luck girly. Hey at least he hasn't told santa that he stinks. My 8 year old told santa that he should stop at truck stops and wash up a little cause she understnads how he has to travel far but being clean is very inportant. Smile aren't kids soooo much fun hehe.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 03:44 pm
Stevepax wrote:
I think my avatar is great! I'm here to "bug" the rightwingers :wink:

Oh! I should have caught on sooner....

You trying to be anonymous?
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 03:46 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Stevepax wrote: