The Bush Broken Constitution Game

dafdaf

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:57 am
Soz, I gotta give you another bonus point for that web site being so relevent!

from your last link:
Quote:
4. Authorizing, ordering and condoning attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties are unavoidable;

I was shocked when i heard that a restaurant was bombed after intelligence revealed Saddam may be in it. A restaurant is a civilian location. It's the equivilent of Saddam clutching five people to his body while a US soldier stands with gun aimed at him. Only to have the soldier take down each human shield before dropping missing Saddam too! It's disgusting. Makes me wonder if in fact the restaurant was accidentally bombed, and that the intellengence report was a cover for yet another mistake.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:57 am
Oh the things I do for a point (and to get ahead of Sozobe <teehee>)

Every four years the United States elects the president and vice-president as the nation's leaders who determine federal policies. The presidential electoral process is guided by the Constitution, each party's platform, and political tradition. The president is elected, but technically, the people do not vote for the candidates directly. Instead, they select a committee of electors in each state that is equal to the number of senators and representatives each state has in Congress. The Electoral College casts their vote for the candidate that has the highest number of popular votes in their representative states. The candidate must receive 270 votes in order to win. If no candidate receives the majority of votes, the House then makes the decision, with all the members of the state voting as a singular unit. Each unit or state is allowed only one vote

Entire article
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:59 am
sozobe wrote:
Oh goody, 5 points.

dafdaf, you look startlingly like a friend of mine, but he's American and Republican, which I gather you are, er, not.

no, i'm not an American (though i love the place) and certainly not a Republican! In the UK, Republican translates to Conservative, Democrate to Labour, and the party I tend to prefer (Liberal Democrates) would I guess translate to Nader.
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:16 am
Okay Gaut, I think we've hit the point home - Bush wasn't fairly elected. 1 point.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:35 am
I realize this will probably not get me any points in this game, but as an act of charity, I've got to point out the obvious.

You folks are ganging up on a known moron.

And he is being advised by people who could not give a **** less about the constitution -- except for the parts that say what they want it to say.

Fair is fair.

Pick on Bill Clinton if needs be -- but to pick on Dubya on these issues is like kicking a girl scout rather than simply saying "no" to the cookies.
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:41 am
Well Clinton, for his sins, did a lot of good work with peace talks in the middle east and Northern Ireland.

I think the analogy of yours would be better ended with the girl scout beating up all the other girl scouts into submission, before exchanging her cookies for fire crackers and getting kicks out of blowing up people's pets.

you do get a point though: for giving me the mental image of Dubya with pig tails.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:06 am
Hey, whatcha mean I lose a point? I was just bookmarking so I could come back when I had something. This isn't fair. Jeeez!!! I wasn't even shouting bookmark. If I was shoulting I would have written "BOOKMARK". I'm calling my lawyer!
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 06:58 am
Oh my bad! You typed it so you'd know what you'd read up to when you came back? Actually I think that's very clever, and I completely admit my mistake. Take a point back. Smile

You also get a bonus point for using the word 'bookmark' 4 times in two topics.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:10 am
Montana cancels apointment with lawyer :-D

dafdaf ;-)
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:16 pm
and another bonus point for the flirtatious wink.

(jeez, I think power's gone to my head. It almost makes me appreciate how leaders can get so corrupt)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 11:24 pm
OH BOY!!!!! This is getting exciting!

Thanks sweetie ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:21 am
aww, looks like this topic has/is dead Sad

Just started one at http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6733 for stupid Bush and Bush-Men quotes.

Points will be transferred there Smile

P.S. no more points for winking i'm afraid Montana - I can't be seen to favouritise.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 04:31 am
Oh, damn!!! I thought I could atleast earn one more point before you cut me off.
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 02:28 pm
lol I can't blame you for trying!

Well i'm certainly not closing this topic. Heck, it was one of the first I made so I plan to keep it running as long as possible!

I just don't have the time atm to read the constitution or find those articles I kept on broken treaties. Sad
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 06:52 pm
Quote:
The US military has admitted that children aged 16 years and younger are among the detainees being interrogated at its prison camp in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Lieutenant Colonel Barry Johnson, a US military spokesman, said all the teenagers being held were "captured as active combatants against US forces", and described them as "enemy combatants". The children, some of whom have been held at Guantanamo for over a year, are imprisoned in separate cells from the adult detainees, Lt. Col. Johnson said. He would say only that the teenagers are "very few, a very small number" and would not say how old the youngest prisoner is.

Lt. Col. Johnson said the juveniles were being [interrogated] because "they have potential to provide important information in the ongoing war on terrorism".

The Guardian

1. They are called 'detainees' in order to deny them the rights accorded prisoners of war under the Geneva Convention.

2. They are being held in Cuba so the American laws against torture won't apply.

That's gotta be worth a coupla thousand points...

One last question, no points:

How young are the children our government is torturing in Cuba?
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 07:14 am
10 points.
I'd give you more, but there seems to be preciously little information around on the prisoners. And Anything that can be found is generally hearsay. It's deeply worrying though.

Daf
0 Replies