Bradley Murdoch guilty verdict

Don1

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:55 pm
Aussie Bradley Murdoch has been found guilty and jailed for life for the murder of Yorkshireman Peter Falconio whose body was never found.

There has been some suspicion about the motives of his girlfriend and whether she may have been involved in his disappearance.

Whilst it is not admissible as evidence in this case it is at least worth remembering that Murdoch was tried for the abduction of a woman and her 12 year old daughter from a car on a lonely road,and raping them both in almost identical circumstances to the Falconio case, although he was found not guilty through lack of evidence.

Mr Murdoch would have to be an extraordinarily unlucky man to be accused of two abductions on lonely highways years and hundreds of miles apart wouldn't he?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
You're right. He would have to have been very unlucky.

The wide open spaces out there can be somewhat of a mecca for weirdos and loners.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:42 am
I think the DNA evidence clinched it, and I am therefore think the conviction is likely to be a fair and reasonable one.

Awful for the family of the victim that his body has not been found.

I suspect Murdoch's team will look for grounds to appeal, though.

Gossip and crap always seem to fly around these cases and I suspect Falconio's girlfriend has been a victim of it.

I cannot imagine what terror she went through, and what courage she has shown.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 02:16 am
I'm always wary of jury verdicts but I feel at ease with this one Deb. I think this fella is guilty.

Nice to see you back wilso, your intelligent comments were missed there for a while Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:14 am
My comments are not always intelligent, and I can assure you they are most definitely always welcome. I just seem to have reached a point in my life where I no longer give a flying f@ck if I upset some people. Very Happy
0 Replies