Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?

Jenna4

Thu 14 Sep, 2006 04:55 pm
MA driving test
Jem06, Hopefully you've already taken your test and passed with flying colors!! Don't feel bad. I am 29 and still haven't got my license. I moved out of state to FL for work and had a license there. When I returned back to Boston it had been 4 years so they make you retake the whole permit test and road test. I just went and tried to take the road test in Quincy last week and flunked. Embarrassed There are 2 troopers and the morning I went there were about 10 people in front of me. The one I had told me I failed because I went over the speed limit on the Furnace Brook Parkway. He had me do everything but parallel park.They take you on little side streets in Quincy to do the backing up,3 point turns,etc.,which I did fine. I have been practicing with my sister's car and didn't take any lessons since I've been driving in FLA. without any issues. I will say this-they seem alot tougher now than when I got my license here when I was 17. When I got it then I just went around the block and parked on a hill! Maybe it just depends on the cop or something or maybe they're harder on you when you are older. I did see a couple of teenagers before me just go around the block and they were back in 5 minutes. Whether they passed or not I have no idea. I would say not to go the first thing in the morning though. There were alot of people and I had to wait about a half hour before I went. I did reschedule one in the next 2 weeks so we shall see. Someone told me I should go and do it in Plymouth because they're easier there but I really doubt that. The cops just have rules that they have to go by and I DID go over the limit. In FLA there are 90 year olds flying by you on 5 lane highways doing 85 so I guess that's where I got my bad habit of speeding.lol. I'm just driving around town now practicing and hoping I'll get it next time. Good Luck!! You'll be fine!! Cool
0 Replies

keob08

Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:10 pm
0 Replies

wendymanhattan

Mon 30 Oct, 2006 10:07 am
Road Test
I have taken the road test twice in NYC, those examiners are JERKS, I have been driving in US for more two years with my tourist driver's licence which is legal until I become residence of course (Who knows if I am or not), so that means I have been driving for a while now EVERYWHERE in NYC, I95, I87 highways, suburbs... and never had a ticket or problem but those JERKS, keep telling me stupid things that I did wrong, usually women are the worst. I am going to take the test tomorrow again and I am ready to hear that bouch of losers telling things ...a road test in NYC is about luck .... Tuesday 31 Holloween another atempt , who knows what are they going to tell me this time.... I keep drinving all over the places ANYWAY.... should Nobody out there feel discorage for failing over and over. A road test is about LUCK. If the examiner have good mood you pass if they don't you are screwed.
0 Replies

DynamiteCupcake

Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:31 am
I apologise for bringing this topic back from the dead, but I am very disappointed in myself. I have failed my driver's test 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! And here's the worst part, BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO SLOW?! Shocked

There were no cars behind me and apparently I was going 35 in a 50 zone. First off, I was going at least 40 and there was no sign to indicate it was a 50 zone. I'm so pissed off because there are so many terrible drivers who pass!

I think it's a scam over at the DMV though because it seems like no one has passed on their first or second try here. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

zippyoloo

Mon 29 Jan, 2007 07:49 pm
Haha, I'm bringing this topic back again I guess...

I failed my first driving test back in November. I was so confident in passing it that I forgot the little things. My advice is to overexaggerate everything you can. Look everywhere and do everything you never would. Needless to say, I was crushed when I didn't pass. I lost 29 points!

Tomorrow I go back to take my test again. I've been practicing and reviweing everything I did wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:12 pm
Good luck zippy! I'm sure you'll do fine.

And now I'm going to stab this topic in the heart with a stake until it finally, finally dies.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:44 pm
This oughtta take care of the damn thing...

http://www.artintheage.com/site_images/add_268vampire_stake.jpg
0 Replies

mr halfway

Wed 31 Jan, 2007 05:57 am
ROAD TEST
Sorry but i have to vent my frustrations. I already failed it twice and spent money for an instructor. I'm giving it a shot again in a few weeks but I'll just ask my old man for lessons. It sucks really bad, I'm even dropping a class just to get my freaking CA drivers license. Sad really.
0 Replies

xloudwhispersx

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:38 pm
lol.
well i havent ever seen this thread before but i failed my drivers test TODAY omg im sooo upset i was looking forward to it so bad. but i had hit a curb and then went to fast backing up? she didnt even tell me a speed to go how am i suposed to know how fast to back up? and i was like "well you didnt tell me" and shes like "BUT 20MPH IS FASSSST" and im like o.O
but the stupiest thing was, she was like "well you hit the curb so thats a disqualification... but also youre too fast" and stuff but if i hit the curb and that was ALREADY a disqualification, why did she make me keep driving? wasting my freaking time , giving me hope. lol wtf. but yeah i just felt like i was all alone so this thread helps lol sorry for bringing it back but it made me feel good :-D
0 Replies

Amigo

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:51 pm
Alot of people fail the driving test now. It is poorly written and has trick questions. It's stupid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 09:45 pm
I haven't taken that test in years, but I thought I might have to, that is, the California test, and geez louise, the instruction book is huge and near impossible to memorize. They need charts, or at least I would need charts, re feet to stop before whatever, under whatever conditions.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:55 pm
Re: Failed my driving test! Am I the stupidest one here?
cyphercat wrote:
Why me? WHY? Did anyone else here fail their drivng test? Do you have a story or some wisdom to share, to comfort me?

I failed both the written tests and the driving test. They were the only tests I've ever failed.

The written test I didn't bother studying for and there was something I didn't know that counted for several of the test answers.

The driving test I failed for driving like everyone does and not how they are supposed to (e.g. after parking the car at the curb I failed to use my turn signal when pulling out into the deserted residential street).

Hell I even got a 96 mph speeding ticket on my way to my driving test.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:59 pm
DynamiteCupcake wrote:

I think it's a scam over at the DMV though because it seems like no one has passed on their first or second try here. Twisted Evil

I've heard they are intentionally made it easier to fail in California, with the reasoning being that it would produce better drivers.

But it ain't half bad. I've lived in countries where if you don't bribe the instructor you aren't going to pass.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:47 pm
I've passed the California driving tests, the driving one once, and the written one more than once. But in recent years they've given passes, so I hadn't had to show up and do a test for a while. Good grief, when I thought I might have to take both written and driving and looked at the much expanded book.. nothing charted..

Turned out I didn't have to. Thank you. Never mind my eye ****, I don't want to have to parallel park on cue, though I rarely mess up parallel parking.

Yes, I think they should test driving skills, reasonably.
I dunno about all these feet to memorize before such and such intersection... or railroad, or tootsie roll.

When I thought I'd have to take the test I started to make a chart out of the book...

why don't they have that already??

Perhaps they do now, it's been a couple of years.
0 Replies

lehslions07

Wed 14 Mar, 2007 02:34 pm
Ahh..!
I'm sorry for bringing this thread back up but after reading everyones stories...I need to vent b/c Mine has to be the worst.

I went for my drivers test (first time) Monday. I was soo excited because I want my license so bad. (Im 16). But anyway, the police officer is a cocky old man. He is funny but in an arrogant sort of way. I totally messed up on the car inspection and everything.(Nerves were completely messed up). Well, he got in the car and I went to back out. Now the car because of me was parked alittle awkward..But I didn't pay any mind. BAM I hit the car. He said STOP!! It was a horrible experience. (I didn't even make it to the test) Now I'm going back next Monday to try again Sad
0 Replies

hlppls

Wed 25 Apr, 2007 06:19 pm
hi..i kno how u all feel..im 23 and i failed my road test last saturday. Embarrassed Crying or Very sad i cried for 2 days straight and im still really sad. my parents wouldnt let me get my permit until i was 18, then i was still completely on my own to get my license, between college and moving around to areas w/public transportation i just never got it. i finally saved enough money to pay for lessons (plus i drove w/my friends a little) and took the road test and i failed cuz i was shaking uncontrollably..my nerves got the best of me...i have another road test scheduled for next saturday but im really scared im gonna fail again..im running out of money...if i dont get it this time im pretty much out of luck and i need to get it by june when my permit expires, esp if i want to get a job (im graduating college in a couple weeks), plus none of my friends in the area have cars for me to practice in (altho they all have licenses)...this is so frustrating Mad ...i feel hopeless...im gonna be walking forever...but well see how it goes...and to all u ppl who are struggling to get their licenses i wish u all the luck in the world...i hope u all get em!
0 Replies

marie31

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 03:46 pm
i failed my driving test 3 times now. the first time i passed the driving but my temps expired and i had to take both parts again. the second time i failed because a car hit me but it wasnt my fault and passed the manueverablility so i didnt have to take that again. but i failed the driving the third time because a car motioned me to go at a four way stop even though they had stopped first and i went which is the only reason i failed...i would have got a 100 if that wouldnt have happened......

im not a stupid person either...i get all A's
0 Replies

mccannfan

Thu 3 May, 2007 02:58 am
failed today
i took my test 2 years ago..when i was in high school. i failed that, and i couldnt really get it anymore because i moved around so much plus i was in college. so on tuesday i took the test and failed because i wasn't stopping long enough at stop signs (which i WAS)..and then the next test the lady i had was a witch. she counted me off for every little thing. so i failed that one. so i have failed 3 times...and if i dont pass this next one then i am gonna be really pissed... i know im a good driver and deserve my license..these damn tests are just really picky about certain things which arent goin to really matter when you're driving by yourself ya know?
0 Replies

hlppls

Thu 3 May, 2007 07:25 pm
yeah, i agree...the things they look for really arent relevant to driving in real life...this whole process is so frusterating...they just need to give me my license!! Mad
0 Replies

hlppls

Sat 5 May, 2007 08:27 am
I passed!!!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies